• Time
  • Show
Clear All

For Cops:

1. Some people can type fast.
    2. Some people can read fast.
    3. Some people know things.

1+2+3 -> Answer in 1.0-3.0 seconds.

4. Some people pretype a likely answer in response to the 'category' given a few seconds before the question.
    (e.g. for sports, use 'boxing' and current events, use 'bush').

4 -> Answer in 0.0-1.0 seconds if someone gets lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by Nockm
      For Cops:

1. Some people can type fast.
      2. Some people can read fast.
      3. Some people know things.

1+2+3 -> Answer in 1.0-3.0 seconds.

4. Some people pretype a likely answer in response to the 'category' given a few seconds before the question.
      (e.g. for sports, use 'boxing' and current events, use 'bush').

4 -> Answer in 0.0-1.0 seconds if someone gets lucky.
      Some poeple but not 20 players in trivia. To process the question - read it over would take atleast a second or two.
      it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

Originally posted by Sydi
        I've never seen a Q answered in one second, that's either cheating or a macro. Most I can do is 6 letters in a little under 3 secs, and thats a short question too.

Maybe we also need a more balanced question base, so they're not all Yank or Brit questions.

...Anyone wanna think up some more questions?
        TWDEV submits questions aswell certain players submit questions.
        it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

Originally posted by Cops
          Some poeple but not 20 players in trivia. To process the question - read it over would take atleast a second or two.
          You don't have to process the whole question. You can just notice a few keywords and make an instinctive guess - like hitting the buzzer early on a TV gameshow.

We both have concluded that people answer questions very quickly. I've lost the meaning of your discussion though, so what really is your point?

Comment

People like Ganon-Knight piss me off because I type like 35 wpm, and he's over here typing 50 million... But seriously who would take the time to CHEAT a trivia?

Comment

Yeah, it should be considered to find a new way to play. It's frustrating to type something in and be like, a second after the guy that got it right.

Comment

OMFG I EARNED MY FIRST TRIVIA POINT YESTERDAY!!! the question was:

"according to the SVS settings, a ship with less than 40 bounty is called a what?"

AND I ANSWERED "NEG" IN 8 SECONDS WOOOT ELITE KNOWLEDGE $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
                I like sub space
                but i am not a fuck face
                but most people in it are...
                me - i didn't get that far.
                it's also full of lamers, laggots,
                newbies, eaters, teamers, faggots...
                I own them like an ez pie
                ph34r!! - stay away or die.

Comment

Wow, gj. And I'm still getting P.Oed 'cos I know I'm a fast typer, and Sphonk still answers 1/2 a sec before me Roll on a triv round for the elite
                  5:Sydi> mike, your dad just called me old
                  5:Sydi> that stung a little
                  5:Rab> u fuck each other's dads?
                  5:Sydi> yes. i fuck armour's dad.
                  5:Rab> fag.
                  5:armour> dude
                  5:Sydi> i take what i can get

Comment

Originally posted by Nockm
                    You don't have to process the whole question. You can just notice a few keywords and make an instinctive guess - like hitting the buzzer early on a TV gameshow.

We both have concluded that people answer questions very quickly. I've lost the meaning of your discussion though, so what really is your point?
                    Well I thought you'd catch on to where I was calling TRIVIA PLAYERS CHEATERS, but I guess not. I do understand you can pick up a few key words and answer fast but there's no way in hell you can all do that in 1-2 seconds. Maybe this is a lag issue where people are getting the question early, or on the chat early. I have no idea but the way Trivia is being run right now isn't right.

Comment

Working...
                    X