the grid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the grid

supposedly there is a "next generartion internet" type thing in the works called the grid. i have heard that it is a lot like the internet but a whole lot more secure and fast, and has insanely good file sharing or something.. anyone else know anything about this?
    Ripper>cant pee with a hard on
    apt>yes u can wtf
    apt>you need to clear the pipes after a nice masturbation
    apt>i just put myself in a wierd position
    apt>so i dont miss the toilet
    Ripper>but after u masterbaition it usually goes down
    apt>na
    apt>ill show you pictures
    apt>next time I masturbate

i heard there is a 3d internet in making.
    I like sub space
    but i am not a fuck face
    but most people in it are...
    me - i didn't get that far.
    it's also full of lamers, laggots,
    newbies, eaters, teamers, faggots...
    I own them like an ez pie
    ph34r!! - stay away or die.

Comment

From what I can speculate on the idea is this...

First off, let's imagine a new town being built a hundred years ago. The people building it don't think about the future or don't care. So they make a narrow road with some buildings on the side. Well after time eventually the town becomes more and more popular and people just add on. Still, no one has any concept that it's going to keep getting bigger, so no one thinks about these things. So you get a bunch of narrow streets with buildings all over the place and horrible traffic, angry pedestrians, and too many corners that a prostitute knows what to do with.

That's what I see today's internet as. It started out small, but servers just kept springing up in random places and it's very unorganized. (Mind you I'm speculating)

Now we have people called City Planners. These people design cities to be able to comfortably occupy a given number of people and still be able to grow after that number's reached. They will usually design a city off a grid. So idealy what you get is a square city where just by looking at road numbers you can understand where you are. Every road would intersect with every road running perpindicular. Traffic is easier controlled this way. And hopefully, if a job well done....the city can be expounded upon and built outwards following the same fashion it designed for.

This is what I expect the grid to be kind of like for the internet. I would imagine there would be servers and routers equal distance from eachother, some having more bandwidth than others. Obviously it'd be cleaner and faster, and if there's a problem with a router, you could probably detect which router it is a lot easier.

But assuming that this is complex, I would imagine that we won't be seeing something like this until we start seeing the infrastructure for hydrogen cars:\

Mind you, I'm speculating.
      Ну вот...

Comment

Just to take your analogy, Aenima and flesh it out, with something I picked up in a course I took a couple years ago,

A problem with technology and city planning in the past is that the physical structures of the city were always made first and the technological infrastructures had to be built in the best way to fit under those conditions. That's always been the case whether we're talking about sewers, streets, power lines or high-bandwidth wiring. The reason for this is, of course, that people didn't expect the needs of the future. The Y2K bug is another example of this, when people didn't expect the same systems to be used today. I would imagine that any new step in evolution would be one that would start working the other way, with a more forward-thinking approach.

Comment

im fine with the current internet, and kazaa/bittorrent

Comment

Working...
          X