An Idea for Lazy Gamers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Idea for Lazy Gamers

The new PS2 models are out now (or should be) and they now come standard w/ a remote control, progressive scan output, they are lighter and cheaper to make, and they should be bundled with the network adapter (originally $30). What I thought was interesting was the addition of the Power on/off and the Trey open/close, for the PS2.

but, a thought came by, if you can eject the games/dvds, and turn off the system via remote, why not get your games automatically? so, my dad, of all people, came up w/ an idea. a 3 Disc Playstation Changer. You can load mulitple games and switch them via remote. no having to get up and swap out discs, having to turn it on, or turn it off. whaddya think?
    DELETED

Considering there are no wireless controllers for PS2 (unless I'm wrong), the farthest you could be away from the thing is, what, six feet?
    5:gen> man
    5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

You mean you can eject via remote? That has always been worthless to me in single cd players. It would be like having remote door open on a fridge, when you still have to walk to it to get your beer.

Haven't you seen remote control car stereos? A guy tried to sell me one, saying that it keeps you from having to lift your arm up to press the buttons. At the time, I had a VW bug. From the steering wheel to the radio is maybe 6 inches. I could actually touch the stereo with my pinky with my thumb on the steering wheel.

It's amazing what people will do to avoid doing activities that are already lazy.
      Let the hungry eat the homeless.

Comment

there are a few wireless controlers, but nothing as well produced and manufactured as say the "Wavebird" for the GameCube. I believe Logitech makes one, but it's really heavy and big.

and i can't believe that they make a Remote Controled Car Stereo.... that's sooo weird
        DELETED

Comment

The ONLY way I could imagine a remote control car stereo making sense is if you are up to something a little wrong in the back of a van...

Comment

I have a remote on my car stereo, and it actually makes sense. The front of my stereo flips up, and is all one big LCD. Since there are no buttons to press (save the eject button), the remote is quite worthwhile.
            Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

Originally posted by ConcreteSchlyrd
              I have a remote on my car stereo, and it actually makes sense. The front of my stereo flips up, and is all one big LCD. Since there are no buttons to press (save the eject button), the remote is quite worthwhile.
              Yeah that's what I was going to say. Car stereo remote > Playstation disk changer/remote.
              5:gen> man
              5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

Well I suppose if you HAVE to have the remote to use the thing.

Comment

Car stereo remotes are cool bcause you get used to where the buttons are and you can have it in your hand while you drive, but keep your eyes on the road.

These will probably be phased out with more and more cars having the stereo controls on the steering wheel.
                  http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

i also have a remote for my car stereo, and i use it more when i'm outside my car chillen listenintg to tunes, then while i'm in the car.

But mine is also really small, and it's cute.
                    There once was a man from Nantucket.

Comment

Good idea dameon make gammers fatter then they already are.
                      ?find Cake

-Yummy

Comment

It actually is a good idea, I'm sure somebody in Sony or Microsoft has already thought of it.

Maybe what they were thinking was that when you're sitting down, you hit eject...and by the time you're up and at the PS2 the Cd's already out of the game, and there's no crouching or standing around....hell, wtf were they thinking?
                        Ну вот...

Comment

I have a sony 5 disc dvd changer and it's super slow to eject (if I was gonna do it again, I'd look at other brands, I didn't even think the speed of the eject could bother me, but it does) I woudln't mind if there was an eject button on the controller.. or maybe there is and I just never looked.
                          http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

it's not the most useful idea, but i agree its pretty good. Knowing that music centers have a 3 cd change, i'm kind of surprised noone has thought of it before. or maybe they did, but didnt make it due to the popularity of compact-sized game systems...
                            That would also work for the gamecube - GCN disks are twice as small.

Maybe it can be sold separately as a gadget?
                            I like sub space
                            but i am not a fuck face
                            but most people in it are...
                            me - i didn't get that far.
                            it's also full of lamers, laggots,
                            newbies, eaters, teamers, faggots...
                            I own them like an ez pie
                            ph34r!! - stay away or die.

Comment

Originally posted by Cake
                              Good idea dameon make gammers fatter then they already are.
                              they'll make an excellent food source for starving countries
                              DELETED

Comment

Working...
                              X