Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calling all musicians! I'm looking to purchase an acoustic guitar, and I need help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

people do it all the time, it's all about dedication
    Ну вот...

Comment

I learned by myself. I kind of suck though so maybe it wasn't the best idea.

Comment

i taught myself.. it was a bitch at first.. but after a month or so, "stairway to heaven" became ez.. 10 years now and i still love it..

$$
        BITSHCRAFT> BRAIN FART RICKY MARTIN OMGZ

Comment

I taught myself as well, but it took me about a year to learn all of stairway to heaven ("the solo" included)...I find it hard to believe that from picking a guitar up for the first time, a month later you can play stairway to heaven...maybe I am wrong though :P playing the riff only is more beliveable

Comment

i can vouch for him... brain fart taught me how to play guitar. i had already had an extensive piano background but had no clue where to find chords on a guitar. and 10 years later, i'm on drums now. heh.
            plopp> im not a newbie ok!! im a butterfly waiting to come out of his coon!

Comment

Jas, step one. SCREW GHEETARS, GOOO DRUMS. I love drums, they are fun to play and they add another dimension to the musicality of the song.
              7:Randedl> afk, putting on makeup
              1:Rough> is radiation an element?
              8:Rasta> i see fro as bein one of those guys on campus singing to girls tryin to get in their pants $ ez
              Broly> your voice is like a instant orgasm froe
              Piston> I own in belim
              6: P H> i fucked a dude in the ass once

Comment

if u ever go electric,

fender strat 4 life

Comment

yeah but if you teach yourself how to play guitar you could be doing things wrong and not even really know it. i am not too good at guitar because i never really pursued it that much, but i do know syncapated strums and bar cords.. and once you get to that stuff it is best if you have someone to watch or give you tips. i had private lessons for a bit and guitar class in school, and the private lessons were much better because the school taught us some easy crap and then set us out on our own to find some music and try to play it for independent study. the teacher did not help much at all. one kid in my class tried to teach himself how to play stairway, and whenever he played it he sounded terrible cause no one taught him that he should be barring the intro, even though it is mainly individual notes. i knew this because my private teacher taught me the intro. other kids would try to play songs with syncapated strums, for example wonderwall, by oasis, and they would either try to do everything with downstrokes or they would not skip strokes on eighth rests or quarter notes, and it ends up sounding quite choppy either way they played it. god knows there is plently more stuff like that that i dont know about.. but like i said im not really too good at the guitar.
                  Ripper>cant pee with a hard on
                  apt>yes u can wtf
                  apt>you need to clear the pipes after a nice masturbation
                  apt>i just put myself in a wierd position
                  apt>so i dont miss the toilet
                  Ripper>but after u masterbaition it usually goes down
                  apt>na
                  apt>ill show you pictures
                  apt>next time I masturbate

Comment

I prefer Washburn acoustics. Check them out at www.musiciansfriend.com or www.zzounds.com. Like other people said though, DO NOT buy a guitar online. You definitely need to pick it up and strum a few chords in the flesh. And even if you don't know any chords, just pretend you do and strum anyway. It's like air guitar only you look even cooler.
                    jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Peanuts
                      if u ever go electric,

fender strat 4 life
                      wtfever gibsons pwned fenders

Im thinking about getting a gib explorer with seymour duncan humbucker on the neck and 2 dunca invader pickups in the bridge.

i could go from metal to emo in a flick of a switch. make for powerful interludes in a hardcore song
                      NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

G and L
                        7:Randedl> afk, putting on makeup
                        1:Rough> is radiation an element?
                        8:Rasta> i see fro as bein one of those guys on campus singing to girls tryin to get in their pants $ ez
                        Broly> your voice is like a instant orgasm froe
                        Piston> I own in belim
                        6: P H> i fucked a dude in the ass once

Comment

Originally posted by Jerome Scuggs
                          wtfever gibsons pwned fenders

Im thinking about getting a gib explorer with seymour duncan humbucker on the neck and 2 dunca invader pickups in the bridge.

i could go from metal to emo in a flick of a switch. make for powerful interludes in a hardcore song
                          no they didnt.

Comment

Working...
                          X