X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internal Affairs I and II

Internal Affairs 1 -- 2 -- 3

http://www.infernalaffairs.com/2003/

The best trilogy of movies produced by Hong Kong for the longest time. The first movie has broke box-office records in 2002, while the second Internal Affairs is projected to have the same amount of success, if not more. Since I only know information about the first two movies, I will only be talking about them. The first movie introduces characters Yan (Tony Leung) and Ming (Andy Lau), undercover agents for their corresponding sides, one being a policeman and the other being a gangster member. In their struggles of years undercover, both characters undergo difficulties in staying true with their identities and begin to develop self intentions. Featuring cast include Eric Tsang and Anthony Wong, singers/actresses Sammi Cheng, Kelly Chen, and Elva Hsiao.

The second Internal Affairs is basically a prologue to the first one, which is an original way of changing a trilogy around. Yan (Shawn Yue) and Ming (Edison Chen) are now played by rising Hong Kong stars in the music business. The second Internal Affairs plays on a darker approach of the struggle these two had endured up until the beginning of Internal Affairs I. Even though these young actors are not nearly as good as Andy Lau and Tony Leung, they are improving well in it, plus the plot is interesting and enticing.

P.S = Hero blows compared to the likes of this movie series.
    Last edited by Kim; 10-22-2003, 01:07 AM.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
    Failure teaches success.

Cool cover picture from Internal Affairs I

♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
    Failure teaches success.

Comment

Don't get me wrong I like HK movies, but I read a funny review once about them. It was a review for GenX Cops but I think it applies to at least 1/2 of all HK movies (including Internal Affairs).

Imagine a movie with Justin Timberlake playing the main character, the guys from O-Town filling in the other roles, and Christina Agrulera playing the female lead.. that's basically your HK movie heh.

-Epi
      Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
      www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
      www.animeslice.com

Comment

Real told me that this movie would be good and that I should get it. Maybe I will.
        sigpic
        What is even the elblow?

Comment

Originally posted by Desire
          Real told me that this movie would be good and that I should get it. Maybe I will.
          If you're deciding between Hero and Internal Affairs, I have already made the decision for you.
          ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
          Failure teaches success.

Comment

I heard it was quite good ... and it's Infernal Affairs ... not Internal Affairs.

Comment

Working...
            X