Have you tried any of these yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you tried any of these yet?

I plan on getting one of them on either Thursday or Saturday.

Return Of The King (ps2)
    FFTA (GBA)
    Dynasty Warriors 4:Xtreme Legends(ps2)
    SSX3 (ps2)
    Castlevania:Lament Of Innocence (ps2)

Have any of you played these games? If so, what were the good/bad aspects of the game(s)?
    My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

FFTA - Although not as good as its predecessor, it still holds many of FFT's good qualities and remains a fun game to play overall. The job system as well as tactical battle keep you occupied throughout the game, and it has a very nice array of items.

Comment

I like FFTA alot, very fun to play. It is different from FFT but in a good way.

Comment

SSX3 and Castlevania I have played. SSX3 is pretty fun, there is tons of stuff to do and collect. It's just awesome going down the huge mountains, doing huge flips and tricks over ramps and shit. Castlevania on the other hand I haven't had a chance to play much. It's not as fun as SSX3 if you ask me, and it's supposed to be real short (as in 12 hours on your first play through.)

DW4X... meh. I got sick of the regular DW4 after about 2 weeks.
        sdg

Comment

If you wind up having to decide between FFTA and Dynasty Warriors 4 XL, why not compromise and get Dynasty Tactics 2? Best of both worlds.

Comment

The main thing that interests me DW4:XL wise is the Xtreme mode. Legend mode is a waste of time IMO (only 1 stage for all characters).11th weapons aren't that big of a deal either, and there are no new char/maps/orbs in XL.
            My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

None of the rest of you have played any of these games? Sadness.

Comment

I saw a review of Castlevania on TV. It's really pretty but basically it's a Reisdent Evil/Devil May Cry clone with Castlevania stuff put in. Cutscenes look good. Jumping puzzles are apparently hard with the static cameras. I'd rent before buying.
                Dishonor is like the scar on a tree, which time, instead of healing, only helps to enlarge.

Comment

I'm personally looking forward to I-Ninja. Unfortunately, I only own a ps2, and that's the one system it's not coming out for.

Oh well, there's always the new Altered Beast coming out early next year. *glee*
                  plopp> im not a newbie ok!! im a butterfly waiting to come out of his coon!

Comment

According to Game Informer, I-Ninja is for all three systems, gerbz.

Comment

Re: Have you tried any of these yet?

Originally posted by Liquid Blue
                      I plan on getting one of them on either Thursday or Saturday.

Return Of The King (ps2)
                      FFTA (GBA)
                      Dynasty Warriors 4:Xtreme Legends(ps2)
                      SSX3 (ps2)
                      Castlevania:Lament Of Innocence (ps2)

Have any of you played these games? If so, what were the good/bad aspects of the game(s)?
                      I can't stand FFTA. The combat is boring and the story is weak. Somehow, somehow, it's still an addictive, kind of original, game (I just have to take a few breaks to get away from the mind-numbing combat).

Lament of Innocence.is.awesome. Konami did great on it. Controls are tight and responsive, attacking is easy, great graphics and fun exploration aspect. But I've always liked Castlevania. Besides...you know...the, um...N...64....games...(hangs head in shame)
                      …../|,-‘`¯¯`\(o)_\,----,,,_……… LUEshi is watching j00...
                      …( `\(o),,_/` ¯ : o : : :o `-,……

Comment

look for Final Fantasy Tactics for you PS1 online, way better than the GBA version

Dynasty Warriors gets old, fast.

Return of the King is the shit when you play it online (adapter required)

SSX 3 is alright

Castlevania, its a long game, so if you're looking for something that you can sink your teeth into (note: bad pun) for a while this would be something to pick up.

I'd wait for Need For Speed : Underground to come out, and wait for Star Ocean 3 - Til the End of Time as well, for a good RPG.
                        DELETED

Comment

Working...
                        X