Arcade project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arcade project

So i am starting a new hobby, i am looking to build my own arcade game. I think i am going to use 2 set ups inside the cabinet. A mame system and a jamma set up. Anyone have any expereince with this, more so the jamma stuff. I have been doing research on it and it doesnt seem to hard to put to together. Also anyone familiar with the super nova or HGA system?
    To all the virgins, Thanks for nothing
    brookus> my grandmother died when she heard people were using numbers in their names in online games.. it was too much for her little heart

bumping it hardcore to maybe make someone see this
    brookus> my grandmother died when she heard people were using numbers in their names in online games.. it was too much for her little heart

Comment

there is something you can buy, its called the "X-Arcade". It'll turn your console system into a standup arcade. (Tv and Game Console not included :P)
      DELETED

Comment

I wish I had saved some of the bookmarks I had made when I was looking into doing this. (Project cancelled due to the fact that I came to the stunning revelation: "Where the hell would I put it?" My place already resembles what my father would call a "goddamn electronics shop.")

No, it doesn't look too hard to do. Especially if you have the parts lying around for it. Are you going to go stand-up style or tabletop? Either one is pretty dope.
        Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

I know a guy that did it in table top, but the monitor could pivot nearly upright and lock like the angle of a standup if you wanted. That made it comfortable to sit down but have good screen view in one-player mode. Had cooling fans, drink holders. Pretty cool stuff.

Probably need to be a good woodworker to reproduce something like this machine.

Plus, as previously mentioned, lot's of room and noone to complain about how ugly they think it is.

Comment

i was thinking of making the monitor on a caster type system where i could rotate it for vertical and horizontal games, and i gotta do the full standup type. Making your own is super eeasy because all you need is the monitor, circuit boards, board to assorted parts cable harness, joystick and power source. sound is a good thing to have too. the only premade part i will buy will most likely be the joysticks and buttons since i want those to be real nice looking and totally sweet control. otherwise the rest will be done by me and some simple wood sawing.

Comment

Maybe this will help pv=nrt

http://www.techtv.com/callforhelp/ho...464289,00.html

Also, once your there go to Video Highlight- Build an arcade table.
              I know you prolly already know about this stuff, just seeing if you have seen this before.
              1:Sensitive> i hit a family of ducks the other day on the high way

Comment

i actually already checked good old techtv for help. got that page bookmarked for future reference

Comment

Working...
                X