Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hmm...

Originally posted by eRad

what i was doing was using kazaa movie downloads as a method to give myself a lag which made me perform better in trench wars

Comment

what i was doing was using kazaa movie downloads as a method to give myself a lag which made me perform better in trench wars
      -NT-

Comment

well the purpose of me saying that was actually to identify that kazaa was lagging me and not lagtronic

you can quote what i said, that i used kazaa to lag, but i never said it was intentional, the only thing i did on purpose was leave the downloads on, because i wanted my movies and my lag was still 160 0.1 0.3 or around there, and mods said i could play

when i say i used kazaa as a method to lag i'm telling you why i had the lag i did, since people accused me of lagtronic, which i didn't use

you guys can analyse my words all you wish, but i wrote that right after being banned, at that time i was told i was banned for lagtronic, and so my immediate intentions were to prove that i wasn't using lagtronic

now i'm told that i was banned for INTENTIONALLY using kazaa to lag, but actually i didnt realize i was lagging until people started shouting that i am cheating, since my lag seemed to show fine (except for the High which is always high with cable) not only to me but to the mods i asked to check my lag

but hey the lag seemed to have pissed off a few important people, i guess that's a good enough reason to be banned

it's kind of funny how i'm being banned on intentions here... how can any person make an assumption about another person's intentions anyway

at first they said it was for lagtronic, saying i had admitted to using it, but logs showed that otherwise

after they realized that was false, i guess they changed it to my intentions..?

make up your mind
        i'm bored

Comment

eRad, to clear things up, according to the mod that banned you, you were banned because the lag you showed on the screen looked MUCH worse than what your numbers were saying. I believe you had around 170 ave ping, but you were hopping all over. I think left_eye and Thorn just did a *lag on you and let that be, but the ban is because you looked much worse than what the numbers say.

It's because of that fact that you were suspected of using lagtronic. It also didn't help that your partner in the tourney openly admitted that you were lagging on purpose and that you would never do it in TWL because you knew it was wrong. He also said that you knew what you were doing and that you had 'learned your lesson' and should be forgiven all in pub chat in front of a lot of people. That really didn't help your case out much

It's wrong to intentionally give yourself an unfair advantage by explioting things in this game, and that's what appeared to of happened. And when you intentionally exploit the game to your advantage...it's called cheating.

7 days is much too harsh IMO, especially without a warning. The mod who banned you explained it that since you were "cheating" and the staff never warns cheaters, you were just banned.

I'm just clearing things up here about why you were banned so don't flame me because it won't change a thing :P

-Epi
          Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
          www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
          www.animeslice.com

Comment

well the purpose of me saying that was actually to identify that kazaa was lagging me and not lagtronic

you can quote what i said, that i used kazaa to lag, but i never said it was intentional, the only thing i did on purpose was leave the downloads on, because i wanted my movies and my lag was still 160 0.1 0.3 or around there, and mods said i could play

when i say i used kazaa as a method to lag i'm telling you why i had the lag i did, since people accused me of lagtronic, which i didn't use

you guys can analyse my words all you wish, but i wrote that right after being banned, at that time i was told i was banned for lagtronic, and so my immediate intentions were to prove that i wasn't using lagtronic

now i'm told that i was banned for INTENTIONALLY using kazaa to lag, but actually i didnt realize i was lagging until people started shouting that i am cheating, since my lag seemed to show fine (except for the High which is always high with cable) not only to me but to the mods i asked to check my lag

but hey the lag seemed to have pissed off a few important people, i guess that's a good enough reason to be banned

it's kind of funny how i'm being banned on intentions here... how can any person make an assumption about another person's intentions anyway

at first they said it was for lagtronic, saying i had admitted to using it, but logs showed that otherwise

after they realized that was false, i guess they changed it to my intentions..?

make up your mind

Since you seem to be incapable of understanding the basic principles of thought, I shall waste 3.45 minutes of my life to explain it because I pity you.

1. You intended to create lag for the purpose of further personal gain. That's all that REALLY matters at this point. Now one may question your state of mind in admitting the most important factor on a public message board... had you any basic intellegence, you could have played this off as 'I was just DLing the latest Vin Diesel film since I'm a fag, and next thing you know - I'm banned!' But you didn't. You admitted to cheating.

-> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<- --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. See the FIRST TW Commandment on Pub map upper corner -1) Do not cheat. Turn off softice and such
            Since you are clearly illiterate and/or dyslexic, I'll give you a short brief on Softice. I'm not a computer expert, but in my time I've dealt with one or two proggies specifically designed to fuck with the client. Softice is one of those. It runs in the background and debugs, etc and gives the user some power over in-game-lag. Lagtornic works a little differently, but has the same purpose. Softice isn't big anymore because it's REAL noticeable and even shows insane ping levels when Mods check your lag (Lagtronic, and a few others aren't as detectable). The TW Commandment was made so the population knows that using programs specifically designed for cheating (Winhack, Twister, GOLDEN TOOLZ -nt-) as well as programs designed for other purposes (file sharing, chat interface) that also seem to have an effect on gameplay is a bannable offense. That 'etc' of the Commandment applies directly to you. Just because you stab someone with a rake designed for shoveling leaves instead of a combat knife designed for unwanted Palestinians, doesn't change the fact of the actual stab.

3. Give it a rest. I've been banned for about anything and everything imagineable and I know what excuses work and which don't. Shit, I was banned once for telling Slowbob to have a nice Thanks-Giving. Take your punishment like a man, you weren't banned for politics or staff discrimination, you were banned because you cheated.

- too much text -

Comment

I agree that the ban is too harsh since it was an unclear rule. And he was banned for supposedly using lagtronic even though we had no real evidence. Quick actions are usually wrong ones. I think he should of recieved a warning since it was unclear and no one knew for sure if he was using lagtronic. If he thought it was illegal, he wouldn't of mentioned it just and I suspect everyone else would do the same.

~GK
              "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever."

Comment

If you are going to warn cheaters when they cheat, they will turn off their programs. Ofcourse, I don't know the actual circumstance of the event nor Erad's ban history so I can't make a proper judgement as to how long his ban should be. But he definatly does deserve a ban based on what facts have surfaced so far.

Week seems more than fair.

Comment

ERAD I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM BUD
                  Matthew> Goddness is fat and has big fingers takes ur 1 hour to start a game <probbly eating>

Comment

Annux..

Jee annux, you really seem to be enjoying this

out of everyone you seem to be the most intent on flaming the hell out of me..

maybe you're just happy someone has joined you in the banned group?

i'm sorry to tell you this but i'm banned for a week, and it won't hinder my career since i have skill and a career without lag (don't give me that 'then why cheat?' crap because this is a first time incident and FYI i have no ban history, annux)

one lag incident, big deal.

i dunno why you desperately hang on to these forums, just waiting for a reason to jump on people

do you spend the entire day here too? i mean the second i post anything you're the first to give your daily dose of "hi i'm annux i'm banned for ETERNITY but i'll sit here for 10 minutes and tell you how much of an idiot you are for getting banned"

it wasn't the ban itself that angered me, it was the way it was carried out... and if i'm going to be insulted about getting banned you're the LAST SOUL ON EARTH that has the right to tell me so

i would use one of your trademark metaphors in describing the irony in ANNUX <BANNED4LIFE> insulting someone else who got banned but unlike you i don't sit all day pondering a slick statement to make so i can feel better about myself

and to all you who enjoy annux's antics, don't flame me, because i admit they are enjoyable in some cases but this is like the 10th post in 1 day he's flaming me and my tolerance ran out

EDIT: stupid bold tags, i'm still used to HTML <B></B>
                    Last edited by eRad; 08-06-2002, 08:19 PM.
                    i'm bored

Comment

Originally posted by Annux
                      Just because you stab someone with a rake designed for shoveling leaves instead of a combat knife designed for unwanted Palestinians, doesn't change the fact of the actual stab.
                      Classic

-Epi
                      Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                      www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                      www.animeslice.com

Comment

Are annux and epi friends now?

Comment

Okay..
                          fireballz, topgod, lag... i'm very sorry....
                          Why should you be sorry to these too. They lag pretty badly themselves.

Sorry but it's true.

<3 toppy!
                          There once was a man from Nantucket.

Comment

Re: Re: Hmm...

Originally posted by Adman

Sorry but it's true.

<3 toppy!
                            That's because the ping limits make their lag "fair."

laf
                            I'd rather be SubSpacing.

Comment

Re: Annux..

Jee annux, you really seem to be enjoying this

out of everyone you seem to be the most intent on flaming the hell out of me..

maybe you're just happy someone has joined you in the banned group?

i'm sorry to tell you this but i'm banned for a week, and it won't hinder my career since i have skill and a career without lag (don't give me that 'then why cheat?' crap because this is a first time incident and FYI i have no ban history, annux)

one lag incident, big deal.

i dunno why you desperately hang on to these forums, just waiting for a reason to jump on people

do you spend the entire day here too? i mean the second i post anything you're the first to give your daily dose of "hi i'm annux i'm banned for ETERNITY but i'll sit here for 10 minutes and tell you how much of an idiot you are for getting banned"

it wasn't the ban itself that angered me, it was the way it was carried out... and if i'm going to be insulted about getting banned you're the LAST SOUL ON EARTH that has the right to tell me so

i would use one of your trademark metaphors in describing the irony in ANNUX <BANNED4LIFE> insulting someone else who got banned but unlike you i don't sit all day pondering a slick statement to make so i can feel better about myself

and to all you who enjoy annux's antics, don't flame me, because i admit they are enjoyable in some cases but this is like the 10th post in 1 day he's flaming me and my tolerance ran out

EDIT: stupid bold tags, i'm still used to HTML <B></B>

There was much more flammage in this post than in anything Annux wrote. Most of what he wrote were facts and legitmate arguments. There was some insulting stuff added superfluously into his arguments, but by Annux's standards, he's not flaming any more than usual. Heck, if he hates you as much as you seem to imply, you got off pretty good.

Comment

Re: Re: Hmm...

Originally posted by Adman

Sorry but it's true.

<3 toppy!
                                Ahem

im on cable so whenever anyone on my block decides to download anything i start lagging. nothing i can do about it.

GK- i was reporting erad because his lag ruined my mood and willingness to play. my first death in that round was by erad. he thrusted across my screen, i shot at him and hit him, but, he decided to "warp" back about half a screen, did a complete turn around in under .5 seconds, then shot a bullet at me and killed me. at that point, i just said fuck it, im not playing vs this lagger.

some people, like danyal and roi/shiran are known laggers, but they cant do anything about it. no reason to get mad at them for something they cant control. but with erad, the case is totally different. he admitted (i reported after he started admitting) that he was downloading stuff and he said that he wouldnt stop. how the fuck would you feel? gk, if you want to experience lag, i'll show you lag. if you think that this is totally legal, and this is how tw should be played, let me know. i'll show you what 500 ms can do in a jav in base. ask anyone who bases with me, once i start lagging, theres nothing you can do.

it won't hinder my career since i have skill and a career without lag
                                yeah right, every time i ever played against you, you have always lagged.

-TG

Comment

Working...
                                X