Questions About Flash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions About Flash

Sorry if I piqued your interest HZers, but this is about Macromedia Flash.

Upon reading Sleepy's thread about website help, someone suggested using Flash as an easy to work with and asthetically pleasing platform on which to base a website. So I decided to try it out. I went to macromedias website and could not seem to find a free version of it. So I d/led a trial version of flashmx4 and flashmx4professional. I have no idea what these are, but they seemed to be what I was looking for. However, after 6 hours of downloading (those of you who have played with me in game know I have a top of the line comp and connection), I realized I forgot to check the system requirements - which do not include compatability with my OS, windows ME. So I have these questions:

1) is there a free version of flash?
    2) is there a free version of flash that works with ME?
    3) is there a free version of flash that works with ME and is worth a possible 10-12 hour downoad?

Any comments on Flash itself are valued as well. Thanks for your help.
    1:koan> indy is like being skinny and liking weird music
    1:tRICERATOPS> just a bunhc of faggots is all being indy is
    1:koan> we cant talk about this infront of castro
    1:koan> he's going to see this and be like WTFZ im a skinny vegeterian white dude with selective music tastes

Flash is easy, there is not a free version of the development kit to my knowledge. There is a 30 day free trial.

If you're using it for a interface, it's fine. But site intros are so cliche, and it's really cumbersome for any real application. On the other hand, as I said, it is REALLY easy, so use it if you want.

Comment

Kazaa.
      Originally posted by Jeenyuss
      sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

Free Flash? Maybe a trial version. But free? No.

Unless you want to talk about piracy..

Comment

Kazaa worked for me, if you don't care about it being illegal it will work for you as well. I don't know about the ME stuff, but I"m sure some version is compatiable with it.

Comment

I'm using Flash MX and its a great program. I'd suggest you run through the tutorial and examples that they give you. It'll be more beneficial running through their tutorial than getting friends' help on it.
            ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
            Failure teaches success.

Comment

How much was it Kim?
              1:koan> indy is like being skinny and liking weird music
              1:tRICERATOPS> just a bunhc of faggots is all being indy is
              1:koan> we cant talk about this infront of castro
              1:koan> he's going to see this and be like WTFZ im a skinny vegeterian white dude with selective music tastes

Comment

Student version is $200, I think? Might be $100. It's the same features as pro, but there are some laws regarding publishing that I don't remember

Comment

flash mx is great, i have the whole set of macro stuff and they are all very stable easy to use programs.
                  To all the virgins, Thanks for nothing
                  brookus> my grandmother died when she heard people were using numbers in their names in online games.. it was too much for her little heart

Comment

Working...
                  X