Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh noes, where are you Saruman?

Christopher Lee Cut from 'Return of the King
    Lord Of The Rings actor Christopher Lee is fuming after discovering all of his scenes have been cut from the third and final fantasy epic. The 81-year-old, who plays Saruman in the first two Lord Of The Rings films, says he was "shocked" and mystified by his exclusion from The Return Of The King - which hits cinemas worldwide next month - and has vowed to boycott the star-studded premieres. Lee says, "The only reason I'm able to say this is because it was on the internet and has been for some days. I only heard recently. As far as I'm concerned, I'm only telling you this because it has been revealed on the internet, someone has talked and it certainly wasn't me. Of course I am very shocked, that's all I can say. If you want to know why you would have to ask the company New Line or director Peter Jackson and his associates because I still don't really know why. I can't say any more because I signed a confidentiality agreement and I honored my word." And after being asked if he planned to attend any of the premieres, Lee snapped back, "No, what's the point? What's the point of going? None at all."
    I got it from http://www.imdb.com/PeopleNews/2003/20031113

And I recently heard that the Scouring of the Shire was never filmed, so it won't be in the extended verison of ROTK. Can anyone confirm/deny this with proof for me?
    My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

man,this should be renamed "how to destroy an epic trilogy, By New Line"

For christ sakes one of the most important part in book two is the breaking of saurons staff and wormtongue throwing the palantir at gandalf and company. Wtf is this shit.
    7:Randedl> afk, putting on makeup
    1:Rough> is radiation an element?
    8:Rasta> i see fro as bein one of those guys on campus singing to girls tryin to get in their pants $ ez
    Broly> your voice is like a instant orgasm froe
    Piston> I own in belim
    6: P H> i fucked a dude in the ass once

Comment

Originally posted by froedrick
      man,this should be renamed "how to destroy an epic trilogy, By New Line"

For christ sakes one of the most important part in book two is the breaking of Saruman's staff and wormtongue throwing the palantir at gandalf and company. Wtf is this shit.
      Does anyone remember in the first movie when Frodo looked into Galadriel's mirror? There were definately scenes from a ruined Shire.

There was good reason to keep Bombadil out of the movie, he wasn't necassary for any plot development, think about it...Bombadil and the Barrow Downs would've taken used a lot of time, and had nothing to do with the actual quest.

Looking around IMDB (your link didn't work) I didn't see anything about the deleted scenes, only BB messages referring to it...and that's not credible.

Also, the Lee's quote sounds llike it came from someone a lot younger and less mature than him.

EDIT: I looked at the cast listings and his name isn't there...is that all people are going by?
      Last edited by ÆNIMA; 11-16-2003, 03:08 PM.
      Ну вот...

Comment

A hollywood movie got the hollywood treatment. Who is suprised?

It needed to be dumbed down, you can't keep everything Tolkein put in and keep the average movie going audience.

Comment

Anyone else having problems with the link? It still works fine for me. Aenima I didn't say I heard about the shire stuff from the same site, I was asking if anyone could confirm or deny it for me. I never implied (at least never meant to) that it was solid fact.
          My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

Try this link for Jackson's explanation of the cut.

http://film.guardian.co.uk/news/stor...082588,00.html

Comment

(we don't have the Scouring later, as the book does)
              8:Rasta> i see fro as bein one of those guys on campus singing to girls tryin to get in their pants $ ez
              Piston> I own in belim

Comment

is Saruman the old bad guy? i dont really remember

Comment

Originally posted by froedrick
                  (we don't have the Scouring later, as the book does)
                  is the Scouring the end of the book when they go back to the shire and fight all those guys? if they took that out i'll be pissed...i would even satisfy if they just put it in the extended version.

Comment

Yah Sharky(Saruman) basically took it over using a bunch of roughians and Pip, Merry, Sam and frodo come back and raise the shire and they throw him out etc. Then the gray havens etc man o man im pissed that the breaking of Saruman's staff wont be there.
                    Piston> I own in belim

Comment

Originally posted by Troll King
                      Try this link for Jackson's explanation of the cut.

http://film.guardian.co.uk/news/stor...082588,00.html
                      His reasons seem legit, it just shows that it wasn't planned out as well as it could've been. If Jackson knew that they were going to have to leave out Saruman's last part in the TT, then they would've filmed it differently to fit a lot better at the beginning of ROTK.

But I personally think that they should've put Saruman's part in the Two Towers Special edition, which comes out before ROTK, so people wouldn't be so mad about these turn of events....either way, it is a shame. It's probably better that Jackson sticks with the artistic point of view instead of trying to stick with the book to the letter, seriously...who expected the movie to be just like the books anyway?
                      Ну вот...

Comment

Ae, I understand what you're saying. But that part of the book with the breaking of the staff and the throwing of the palantir are KEY points to the book. Without the Palantir Aragorn would never have looked in it and challenged Sauron causing him to set war earlier theen planned leaving Mordor unguarded for Frodo. It is HUGE.
                        Piston> I own in belim

Comment

Huge in the book yes, but to the movie...they can get away with it.

When you watch the movie, I suggest you don't compare it to the book...it's just going to piss you off.
                          Ну вот...

Comment

true
                            Piston> I own in belim

Comment

I've got to read these books.
                              Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

Comment

Working...
                              X