No announcement yet.

Fallacy of Logic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know a good word we could start using.....
    <trumpet> PENIS <Guitar>
    I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal...

Comment

Re: Fallacy of Logic

Originally posted by TelC@t
      Some adjectives describe themselves and there are many of them. For example, 14-charactered describe itself, as do English, short, ambigious and polysyllabic. Let us call these words autological.

There are also lots of adjectives that do not apply to themselves. Among these are long, German, monosyllabic, and 50-lettered. Lets call such adjectives hererological. That is, an adjective A is heterological if and only if A does not describe A.

Is heterological heterological?
      I could care less...

Comment

Hiding your stupidity with "smart sounding" words and arguments won't make you look any better, TelCat

Comment

damn that is complex. I think it *IS* heterological..
          Sunshine...

Comment

One day you walked in a dark alley at night, you were trapped over by a bottle. 'Damn bottle' you cursed. You kicked the bottle away.

'Zing!' a genie cat came out of the bottle.

'Dear master' the cat started to introduce herself 'my name is Tel the Kitty.'

The cat continued 'as any genie, I will give you a present for noticing the bottle and bother to do something with it'

You thought 'excellent, 3 wishes! I want money, power and be young for ever'

Tel the cat rolled her eyes 'but I can't give you 3 wishes'

Puzzled, you asked 'what, why?'

TelKitty turned around, while wiggling her tail, she said 'I called a black cat n!gger. I got banned from using that kind of magic for a thousand years.'

Then cat mumbled to herself 'but I myself is black except for my white gloves, eyebrows and a white ring on my tail, maybe next time I shouldn't do that while having the invisible spell on'.

She thought for a while. then ...

Zoooom, as fast as the lighting, TelCat charged towards you and stopped right in front of your face, and with her face only half an inch from yours, she purred 'anywayz, I have something else for you'

With a wave of her hand, 2 bags appeared from the thin air. One was yellow, one was blue. She opened the yellow bag, you could see a bag full of 100 dollar bills.

The cat said 'well, as you see, this bag is full of money. Actually there is $10,000 inside.'

'But in this bag' the cat pointed to the blue bag, 'there could be 1 million dollars inside'.

The cat quickly glanced your expression and continued 'You have 2 choices: you can take the blue bag alone or take both bags'

'If I predict you will take the blue bag alone, I will put 1 million dollars in it. You will have an extra million dollars to spare.'

An evil grin appeared on her face, the cat put her paws together and said ' but if I predict you choose to take both bags, I will put nothing in the blue bag and you will end up with only 10,000.'

With a smug expression on her face, the cat hissed 'I am a very smart cat, I did this experiment 967 times and I have only been wrong once'

'So, what would be your choice?'
            Last edited by TelC@t; 11-21-2003, 04:42 PM.
            Wont die, no surrender 2

Comment

blue bag
              DELETED

Comment

Originally posted by PaulOakenfold
                What if you're a lieing liar? Wouldn't that mean you're a truthful person? But that would mean you're lieing about lying, meaning you ARE a liar, but wait, if you're lying about your lies, that means you're telling the truth. So how can you be a lying liar?

Someone help me here.
                Why would you say that you're telling the truth if you're lying about your lies? A lying liar would be a liar who is in the act of telling a lie. You're saying that because he's a liar and he's telling a lie that he must be telling the truth?

I really hope you don't reply to this and try to explain. I don't even know why I'm replying, but I already typed it.
                http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

lol blood. for one, i think paul mixed up the "double-negative" rule in his post...what he forgot is that the rule only pertains to--hmm--double negatives. a "lying liar" doesn't cancel its meaning out, it's only redundant.

and to practically everyone who replied to TelC@t's original question, logic is something special: you either get it or you don't. seeing your posts, i'm betting most of you don't, which is y u hold something against it. so leave this thread for ppl who want to occupy their boredom.

to the TelKitty question, i'd take both bags. it's a definite $10,000, and even if i don't get $1 M in the blue bag, i'm happy as is.

there's still the chance that TelKitty's prediction will be incorrect. if she predicts i'm taking the blue bag only, and she's wrong, i would get $1 M more.
                  there's more to life than meets the eye, but don't let that get you down.

"If someone throws a stone, throw bread back."
                  -anonymous

"Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
                  -Samuel Langhorne Clemens

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                  -Samuel Johnson

Comment

... The cat and the bag scenario seems pretty straight-forward, though I suspect there might be a chance that the wording is incorrect, but if it the wording is correct as is then the obvious choice would be to pick both bags.

Comment

Working...
                    X