X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video Game Awards

Tonight @ 9 EST on Spike TV
    ----
    I dunno how it's going to play out, or if it will be any good. I'm gunna have to check it out to see for sure... h00r4y f0r g4m1n6
    hey I'm Paddy Tanniger the caddie manager yeah it rhymes big whoop wanna fiight about it??
    !

I'll be down like a clown to watch it. If i don't see the 1st showing, they're gonna do it over a few times, prolly.
    DELETED

Comment

What's Spike tv.. I've never heard of the channel.
      ()_()
      (0.o)
      (")(")

Comment

Used to be TNN, The Nashville Network.

Seeing the first bit of the show I could already tell that this is nothing more than a really long commercial. How else can you justify a "most anticipated game award"? Heck, any of the various MTV awards shows has more credibility than this crap-fest. I mean, C-list celebrity David Spade's the host, and the DJ is doing more of the hosting than he is.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll King
          Used to be TNN, The Nashville Network.

Seeing the first bit of the show I could already tell that this is nothing more than a really long commercial. How else can you justify a "most anticipated game award"? Heck, any of the various MTV awards shows has more credibility than this crap-fest. I mean, C-list celebrity David Spade's the host, and the DJ is doing more of the hosting than he is.
          you're just mad because dynasty warriors didn't get a nod for any of the awards
          plopp> im not a newbie ok!! im a butterfly waiting to come out of his coon!

Comment

I dunno, I thought they were kinda disappointing.

1) Yeah, musical guests are good, but don't have them between (almost) every award. This ain't the VMAs. Plus I wasn't all that excited about the musical guests themselves, but that's personal preference.
            2) I wished they would've had all the nominees instead of just the winners. That was kind of a rip. Plus, was anyone else but me kind of confused when they announced a winner and just showed a table of developers? I dunno, just seemed kind of lackluster.
            3) The lifetime achievement award to the pong dot was just kinda dumb.

Enh, it wasn't horrible, but I didn't think it was all that good, either.
            Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

You know it's bad when they have to recycle their guest presenters in multiple roles. "Host" Spade also served as a presenter, Jenna Jameson was reused as a ring announcer, Pam Anderson had to reprise her role as Stripperella (granted, the show is on that network, so it was sort of expected.)

Comment

well let jenna jameson off, she did play candy suxxx in vice city, after all.

Comment

I think she's beter known for helping let other people off, wouldn't you say?

Comment

Its all the same troll
                    A man who desires nothing is invincible.

Comment

Just Blaze is a pimp.
                      Dude charges 80k a beat and still reps the platinum playstation control medallion on his necklace, haha.
                      Last edited by yung; 12-05-2003, 04:53 PM.
                      ROCKING MY OWN WORLD SINCE PUBERTY.

Comment

i recorded it and watched it when i got home from work last night. it wasn't too bad, but they should've dropped david spade completely. the black guy was a pretty kickass host in his own right. the "secret life of video games" skits were shitty and should have been dropped also.

the most enjoyable part of the show for me was skateboarding/bicycle show right after tony hawk's game won.

as for musical guests, it's a sad day indeed when andrew-wk puts on the best performance of the night. even dmx was off his game at that show. sad times.
                        plopp> im not a newbie ok!! im a butterfly waiting to come out of his coon!

Comment

it was the worst , how could Madden 04 (a sports game) be a game of the year ?

Comment

Originally posted by sTuPiD-gErBiL
                            as for musical guests, it's a sad day indeed when andrew-wk puts on the best performance of the night. even dmx was off his game at that show. sad times.
                            So true.

And if I was DMX, I would've hung the sound guy from the highest tree for fucking up his levels. The DJ's mic was 10x louder than DMX's for almost the entire thing.
                            Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

Working...
                            X