**FLASH** help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **FLASH** help needed

Yea, since TW is down, and nothing else in subspace can grace an equivalent amount of fun that TW brings, I've decided to do something more productive, like homework.

I'm pretty new to flash but I know most basics concerning layers and buttons and simple tweening motions. However, may latest project idea involves a scrolling panarama of picture links where arrows exist on both sides of the timeline to move the strip of pictures. I want to make it so that once I click on the pictures, an enlarged version will popup. But I think the part that I have no idea how to do is to make a scrolling bar of pictures using a button on each side.

Any suggestions / help ?

thanks alot fellow TW'ers
    ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
    Failure teaches success.

Omg.....guys, i need some serious help. Free truces when TW comes back up. PLZ
    ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
    Failure teaches success.

Comment

i'm still making my flash site, it sucks ass when you gotta teach yourself along the way, but the best way to learn. my fav source is flashkit.com i'm pretty sure the picture thing is pretty easy.

onclick
      gotoandplay blah blah

and blah blah is just a tween of it moving, and for the pic to be a pop up blah blah, then make the thumnail whatever a symbol, and then go to flashkit and look for the window tutorial or the link to external html, second is best imo for pictures. i'll love for someone to gimme more flash ideas, cough kim.
      www.10100.org

Comment

... When I read the subject line, the first tip I would have given was to use a trench coat that isn't slit up the back because then your bare legs would show when you walk, tipping people off.

Comment

Re: **FLASH** help needed

Originally posted by Kim
          But I think the part that I have no idea how to do is to make a scrolling bar of pictures using a button on each side.
          Any code I give you will need to be rewritten to use actual flash commands, it's been a while and I don't have the manual with me.

I'm going to assume that the picture bar is a movie, or some other object. Give it an int counter that states which way it is scrolling (-1 left, 0 not scrolling, 1 right. Then do something like this:

onFrameEvent(frameEnter) /*<-- this isn't quite right,frameEnter is close though. if you're using MX it should pop up a list of frameEvents you can find the right thing */
          {
          this._x += this.counter;
          }

it may be faster to do a check to make sure counter != 0, but I'm not sure. Anyway, make two buttons, and have each one alter the value of counter.

the left button would look like
          on(press)
          {
          _root.imgBar.counter = -1;
          }
          on(release)
          {
          _root.imgBar.counter = 0;
          }

Change it to positive for the right button.

Comment

Thanks shade, I managed to salvage something that earned me a B
            ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
            Failure teaches success.

Comment

Working...
            X