A Psychological MMORPG/MUD Personality Test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Psychological MMORPG/MUD Personality Test

http://www.andreasen.org/bartle/ - Click on the Take the Test link, Bottom Left.

Out of 232747 Participants I placed in KEA, 3% of respondants fall into that type.

My answers were split as follows:

Killer 53%
    Explorer 53%
    Achiever 46%
    Socializer 46%

I've never really played any MUD's but I have played a few online RPG's and MMORPG's, So I figured it applied the same way. Late night Post-Christmas eve-champagne-overdosage-Web surfing leads you to these fucked up sites.

Feel free to post your results. And while you're wasting your time reading this thread, visit these sites-

http://www.nickyee.com/hub/home.html

That site is dedicated to exploring the Psychology behind MMORPGs. It has quite some interesting articles from the Phil Inquirer, CNET and The Washington Post; a must read if you have a few minutes to spare and have had your share of MMORPG addiction in the past.

And check this site out - http://www.cabochon.com/
    A Neat little Graphical MUD called Wyvern. It's about a 18 MB Download using a new little innovative Java Script coding. I was scrambling around on the internet and found out this game won a 10k International Award as a Beta Client MUD. So I figured it was worth the download. I haven't gotten a "real" chance to play it but it seems really cool. It is the epitome of " Graphics don't make the game" argument. Plus, I'm a fan of a lot of a game that gives you a lot to choose from, and this game gives you that from the get go. With 8 Races each having Subsidiary Races giving you a total of 24 Races to Choose from. Plus you can claim and buy your own houses, and once you reach this glorified class of 'Wizard' you can even send in quests and items into the game and it auto updates the game. Pretty neat, and no it is not Player Worlds, because we all know those suck.

If any of you get a chance to really dig into this game let me know, I don't really have the time for an energy consuming MMORPG these next few days, so drop a line. Gracias , ciao.
    1:Jerome> ON THE THIRD DAY GOD CREATED THE REMINGTON BOLT ACTION .33, AND SAW THAT IT WAS GOOD, AND ON THE FOURTH DAY HE USED IT TO KILL DINOSAURS AND HOMOSEXUALS

Juice

Nerd alert!

Comment

Shrug, I was going to Major in Psychology and Minor in Philosophy and Sociology. So topics like these that common people find boring, I find interesting.
      1:Jerome> ON THE THIRD DAY GOD CREATED THE REMINGTON BOLT ACTION .33, AND SAW THAT IT WAS GOOD, AND ON THE FOURTH DAY HE USED IT TO KILL DINOSAURS AND HOMOSEXUALS

Juice

Comment

Killer 86%
        Achiever 60%
        Explorer 46%
        Socializer 6%

Your type is: KAE. 6% of respondents so far fall into that type.
        it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

Your answers were split as follows:
          Killer 66%
          Achiever 46%
          Socializer 46%
          Explorer 40%

ive played a game kind of like a mud. no dragons and monsters though, it was set in space.
          Ripper>cant pee with a hard on
          apt>yes u can wtf
          apt>you need to clear the pipes after a nice masturbation
          apt>i just put myself in a wierd position
          apt>so i dont miss the toilet
          Ripper>but after u masterbaition it usually goes down
          apt>na
          apt>ill show you pictures
          apt>next time I masturbate

Comment

Your type is: KEA. 3% of respondents so far fall into that type.

Killer 100%
            Explorer 46%
            Achiever 40%
            Socializer 13%
            'vet' is the new 'newb'.
            sit ez vet, sit.

Comment

Thanks for taking the test. You are person number 232788 to take it.

Your type is: SKA. 1% of respondents so far fall into that type.

The numbers below represent percentage of how many times you selected a given suite when given the chance. Since there are 15 questions for each suite out of 30 total, the number will add up to 200%. 50% thus means average for each suite, and 100% is the maximum score.

Socializer 60%
              Killer 53%
              Achiever 46%
              Explorer 40%

People of type SKA play the following MUDs. Click on the name to see the MudConnectory entry, and on the profile to see detailed statistics from the database:

Midnight Sanctuary (31% of 16 are SKA)
              Wizards Realm (15% of 13 are SKA)
              Legend of Chrystancia (15% of 13 are SKA)
              Nightshade (14% of 7 are SKA)
              Deratia (14% of 7 are SKA)

Following known mud.people most closely match your profile (number describes relative difference):

Damion Schubert - Lead Designer of Ultima Online 2 and Meridian 59 (6)
              Ilia - Provider of Russian translation (18)
              Russ Taylor - Creator of the ROM code base (18)
              George Reese - Creator of Nightmare / Dead Souls LP mudlibs (24)
              Carly Staehlin - Former producer of UO, now designer on Tabula Rasa (26)

Im in the same class as another "Damion" ^_^
              DELETED

Comment

Your type is: ESA. 10% of respondents so far fall into that type.

Explorer 80%
                Socializer 66%
                Achiever 26%
                Killer 26%
                5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Re: A Psychological MMORPG/MUD Personality Test

Originally posted by apt
                  [url]
                  And check this site out - http://www.cabochon.com/
                  A Neat little Graphical MUD called Wyvern. It's about a 18 MB Download using a new little innovative Java Script coding. I was scrambling around on the internet and found out this game won a 10k International Award as a Beta Client MUD. So I figured it was worth the download. I haven't gotten a "real" chance to play it but it seems really cool. It is the epitome of " Graphics don't make the game" argument. Plus, I'm a fan of a lot of a game that gives you a lot to choose from, and this game gives you that from the get go. With 8 Races each having Subsidiary Races giving you a total of 24 Races to Choose from. Plus you can claim and buy your own houses, and once you reach this glorified class of 'Wizard' you can even send in quests and items into the game and it auto updates the game. Pretty neat, and no it is not Player Worlds, because we all know those suck.
                  I used to play this. I was a dwarven Axeman called "Decapitator". I haven't played in months but I think i'm still on the top 10 list for Dwarfs and probably top 100 overall. I stopped playing for good after they fucked up the bags of holding (you can't hold nearly as much stuff as before).
                  sdg

Comment

boredom

Thanks for taking the test. You are person number 232919 to take it.

Your type is: EKA. 1% of respondents so far fall into that type.

The numbers below represent percentage of how many times you selected a given suite when given the chance. Since there are 15 questions for each suite out of 30 total, the number will add up to 200%. 50% thus means average for each suite, and 100% is the maximum score.

Your answers were split as follows: Explorer 66%
                    Killer 60%
                    Achiever 46%
                    Socializer 26%

People of type EKA play the following MUDs. Click on the name to see the MudConnectory entry, and on the profile to see detailed statistics from the database:

StarCraft MUD (38% of 13 are EKA)
                    TerraFirmA (27% of 11 are EKA)
                    Warcraft 2.2b (23% of 13 are EKA)
                    Warcraft 2.1b (23% of 13 are EKA)
                    ArdenmoreMUD (22% of 9 are EKA)
                    Following known mud.people most closely match your profile (number describes relative difference):

Brandon A. Downey - Co-creator of this test (10)
                    Erwin S. Andreasen - Co-creator of this survey, MUD programmer (14)
                    Melvin "Fusion" Smith - Creator of MUD++ (the first open source C++ MUD), co-developer of Envy (18)
                    Russ Taylor - Creator of the ROM code base (20)
                    Richard Woolcock - Creator of Godwars (26)

Comment

Originally posted by za gophar
                      ive played a game kind of like a mud. no dragons and monsters though, it was set in space.

sounds... familiar.

Comment

no its nothing like subspace. in fact its practically the opposite. to get completely accurate results on that quiz i think you really have to have played a game like it... and contiunuum is not like it. there's three types of a person you can be. pk, neutral, and anti pk. its your decision and its not official at all so you can change it whenever you want. pkers kill other players for fun or profit, and when you get killed, it is a huge setback, you lose a lot of money and shit. fighting is not based on raw skill like it is in subspace. a lot of it is based on who has the bigger (more expensive) ship.. but skill is involved.
                        Ripper>cant pee with a hard on
                        apt>yes u can wtf
                        apt>you need to clear the pipes after a nice masturbation
                        apt>i just put myself in a wierd position
                        apt>so i dont miss the toilet
                        Ripper>but after u masterbaition it usually goes down
                        apt>na
                        apt>ill show you pictures
                        apt>next time I masturbate

Comment

Originally posted by za gophar
                          no its nothing like subspace. in fact its practically the opposite. to get completely accurate results on that quiz i think you really have to have played a game like it... and contiunuum is not like it. there's three types of a person you can be. pk, neutral, and anti pk. its your decision and its not official at all so you can change it whenever you want. pkers kill other players for fun or profit, and when you get killed, it is a huge setback, you lose a lot of money and shit. fighting is not based on raw skill like it is in subspace. a lot of it is based on who has the bigger (more expensive) ship.. but skill is involved.

back in the old days of subspace, the more expensive ship was actually your strongest foe. You kill more, you get more points. With those points you can buy things like thor's and such. I even remember such a setting in which the server saves the settings your ships were with so when you relog back in, you start off with what you had before you left; that's if you didn't die or something. If only I can remember which zones had this.

Comment

Killer 86%
                            Achiever 53%
                            Explorer 53%
                            Socializer 6%
                            Jesus Christ on a pogo stick

Comment

Working...
                            X