Mp3 Player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mp3 Player

Hey I need advice on a Mp3 player I plan to buy. I am selling my old one as it was only 128mb and was just a boring old standard one.

heres the link

I am quite worried about the review that warns about the internal battery, and how it's capacity decreases with every charge. Can anyone tell me if this is true? It seems quite correct but I just want to be certain.

Just want some feedback and if you have any other recommendations, please don't hesitate to post here.
    Last edited by Mr. Peanuts; 12-29-2003, 08:22 AM.

I've been looking into mp3 players too, here are my options:

1 - Apple IPod
    The best player by far in terms of features, also the most expensive. It's battery dies after 2 or 3 years and you have to send it back to Apple for maintenance, for this reason I ignore the iPod. It's also the most expensive.

2 - Nomad Muvo 2 1.5 GB
    A nice player, the smallest over 1GB, can be aquired for about £160 - good price, but limited space, I couldnt fit my whole CD collection on this.

3 - Nomad Muvo 2 4 GB
    I probably could get my CD collection on here as well as having some room for other files. The muvos have good sound quality and decent battery length. This one is priced at £240, it's very good, but paying £80 for 3GB is not worth it imo.

There are other options, but they're either physically too big or they don't have enough space for me. I'll be waiting for new developments or falls in price.

-RR

Comment

If you're willing to part with the money, the iPod is by far the best you can get, I spent months researching mp3 players and decided its worth paying the extra for one that holds your entire music collection. It's really easy to use and pretty fast to download if you have a firewire card. Creative have some good players too, but the ones with decent storage are just too bulky.
      As RR said, the iPod battery dies after a few years, with the new model, Apple claims that the battery will now last "the life of the product" which could well be 2-3 years also.
      I've heard of one player called the Samsung Yepp YP-900

http://www.mp3newswire.net/stories/2002/yeppyp900.html

Not sure if this one if available yet, but it may be worth the wait.

Comment

iPod sucks, i despise apple.

i havent got money to throw around i'm afraid, i bought a load of games before christmas with some of my christmas money.

I got a maximum of about 130 quid which is about 230 USD

Can anyone give me recommendations for players which cost no more than that?

thanks for your feedback, RR

Comment

How can you say something "sucks" if you've never seen or used it...anyway, I'm glad I wasted my time.
          Last edited by Amok; 12-29-2003, 09:35 PM.

Comment

I have seen it and my mate has one, hes taking it back cause... It just sucks. I dont want a mini computer for fucks sake, just something that holds and plays 3 of my albums. And I can listen to it on the move, The iPod is too big. And as I said I havent got MONEY TO THROW AROUND.

Comment

I haven't researched MP3 players yet, but I think I might check them out to see if I might want one. but I have 2 concerns based on what I've read here...

first, I'd be afraid of any internal batteries. To my knowledge, even the best rechargeables lose capacity over time.

second, Mr. Peanuts, what did your parents do to you that made you turn out so horrible?
              http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

you could just buy cd's and make the riaa happy
                NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Originally posted by bloodzombie
                  Mr. Peanuts, what did your parents do to you that made you turn out so horrible?
                  probably the divorce...

Also, how am I being horrible, please highlight where I have disgraced myself.

Comment

If you can't afford something, that's no reason to say it sucks.

Oh, I'm sorry, you had a reason.. because your friend had one.. and it sucks. I should've read more carefully.
                    http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

Originally posted by bloodzombie

first, I'd be afraid of any internal batteries. To my knowledge, even the best rechargeables lose capacity over time.

second, Mr. Peanuts, what did your parents do to you that made you turn out so horrible?

Also keep in mind that I'm definitely no expert on high-end batteries, or trailer parks.

Comment

Lol...

Anyway, yes the internal batteries do lose their charge after a few years, but an internal battery can be replaced by a repair shop, or you could do it yourself if you're game. I guess all you need is a screwdriver and a soldering iron...and a new battery. I assume an internal battery will last longer than a set of rechargables, and may end out being alot cheaper than buying a new set every time. And the reason that hard-drive based mp3 players use internal batteries is because any commercial supermarket battery would be dead in about 5 minutes, since they require alot of power to run.

Comment

Somehow i'm always amazed, by the amount of humor that comes out of a 2D space game.
                          5:01L> Michael Jackson is Santa Clause.
                          5:X sTa C> michael jackson isn't black anymore?
                          5:Surfer> Would you let Micheal Jackson do whatever he does to little kids for 20 million dollars?
                          5:Uranium> he hasnt been for a while....
                          5:X sTa C> i'd let him for 5
                          5:X sTa C> he's so dreamy
                          5:Phirewolf> 5 cents
                          5:X sTa C> so true.

Comment

I use an Archos 20 GB and it works well for me. I can store pretty much anything I want on there, and it's pretty user friendly.
                            5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                            5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                            5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Originally posted by Amok
                              Lol...

Anyway, yes the internal batteries do lose their charge after a few years, but an internal battery can be replaced by a repair shop, or you could do it yourself if you're game. I guess all you need is a screwdriver and a soldering iron...and a new battery. I assume an internal battery will last longer than a set of rechargables, and may end out being alot cheaper than buying a new set every time. And the reason that hard-drive based mp3 players use internal batteries is because any commercial supermarket battery would be dead in about 5 minutes, since they require alot of power to run.
                              most of Creative/Nomad rechargable batteries are removable.

The yepp is priced at £270 - not hugely special.

-RR

Comment

Working...
                              X