No announcement yet.

any good pc game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black and White - Simply Awesome, the AI system with interface is UNBELIEVABLE, For eg. by moving your mouse over your creature, you can either slap him or caresss him, indicating what he should or not do. Your creature eventually grows up to 50 metres tall, and by using him and your "miracles" you can impress the villagers and assimilate them into your culture. The Gesture system is also fantastic, by drawing lines on the ground, you can instantly summon the kind of spell that you need to cast, instead of going back to your temple. Wish every game had that capability.. That fact that your a God in this game makes it all that more interesting... 'Nuff said, Buy it
    Corn + Tomatoes = <3

Comment

That game was like NWN... too in depth for me. I'd rather just get some good ol' hack & slash. That's why diablo II was my favorite game for about a year.
      Mr 12 inch wonder

Comment

Originally posted by Mattey
        That game was like NWN... too in depth for me. I'd rather just get some good ol' hack & slash. That's why diablo II was my favorite game for about a year.
        Simple entertainment for simple minds.
        Jesus Christ on a pogo stick

Comment

Exactly ... that's why we all like subspace.

It's the simple pleasures in life that make life life -Mattey.
          Mr 12 inch wonder

Comment

Originally posted by Alex88
            Black and White - Simply Awesome, the AI system with interface is UNBELIEVABLE, For eg. by moving your mouse over your creature, you can either slap him or caresss him, indicating what he should or not do. Your creature eventually grows up to 50 metres tall, and by using him and your "miracles" you can impress the villagers and assimilate them into your culture. The Gesture system is also fantastic, by drawing lines on the ground, you can instantly summon the kind of spell that you need to cast, instead of going back to your temple. Wish every game had that capability.. That fact that your a God in this game makes it all that more interesting... 'Nuff said, Buy it
            I can't beleive you found this game entertaining. The AI was HORRIBLE, the premise was good, and if the game ACTUALLY did what it set out to do it would be great, but the creatures end up being stupid. This game was a huge letdown, don't buy it.
            Why did Helen Keller crash the car?

Because she was a woman.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy Weasel
              -Max Payne - Intense innovative fps with a very compelling storyline. Definitely the best FPS out there right now.
              too bad its a third person game...=/ lol

black and white was entertaining for about 5 secs. then i was done slapping my cow. so i uninstalled the friggin game.
              PURE HATRED> i cannot dodge your bombs AND my teammates
              pv=nrt> YOU ARE MINE PRINCESS iNgeNfyRe
              hogo> iNgeNfyRe Just got HoE'D
              Dark Moogoo> psst, bring the cookies and cream

Comment

Originally posted by iNgeNfyRe

max payne: if u havent played this either do so. its a nice storyline with a twist and the story is told like a comic book. nice matrix-style fighting. plenty of mods come along to "enhance" gameplay.

tony hawk 3: is it out yet? this is a great game. i played the demo and the graphics are incredible as well as gameplay. although it seems a lil easy to rack up the points. i easily got 150,000 combo without trying.

return the caslte wolfenstein: kinda hard game on easy mode. lol. when u start fighting super soldiers, u really have to start concentrating...that is if u decide to fight them with ur mp40.

I bought Max Payne wow that game was great! Was a good break from SS but you have to like that type of game. Didn't really like the maze secnes tho almost made me throw up.

Wolfenstein I also bought and want to give back. I havent amde it very far cuz it really makes me sick. It seems that the nmes are all the same and offer little challenge but as ingen said theres supersoldiers or some thing so maybe it becomes more of a challenge.

Tony Hawk 3 WOW!~~~~~~~ I have never been into those kind of games but I am adicted to that one. My wife gets mad at me when I play it cuz im on the computer for to long. heh

Another good game that hasent been mentioned is No one lives forever. VERY GOOD GAME it works the same as max payne but the story line is a little more interesting and amusing. GREAT multiplayer action but that gets boring quick. Can't wait for the sequal.

And if you don't like these you can always go back to the wonderful world of Atari 2600 I personally recomend PacMan, River Raid, Pitfall or Q-Bert!!
                "Bilbo" SS is a sophisticated chat channel, nothing more.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattey
                  I liked command and conquer Red Alert. It had good missions and online play.
                  u have ra2 i play ra2 online sometimes i own it i was like rank 5 and my clan was rank 10 or something
                  Matthew> Goddness is fat and has big fingers takes ur 1 hour to start a game <probbly eating>

Comment

grandtheftauto. what it loses in graphical quality (in relation to max payne), it makes up for in one thing: stealing cars, oh baby.

and also, if you do own gta3, i found how to get to other 2 islands without beating all of the missions <3

but my game-of-the month right now is summed up in 3 words: operation flashpoint

Comment

soldier of fortune 2, best FPS ever made to this date, and will be, even after counter shit strike comes out again and unreal 2003, soldier of fortune 2 will still reign
                      I dont play this game anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Fallen Angel

-Mechwarrior series: Very cool fastpaced action game revolving around 30-100 ton "Mechs" packed with missileracks, autocannons, lasers, you name it (especially Mechwarrior 2: Mercenaries and Mechwarrior 4: Blacknight).
                        Mechwarrior 4... was that the last one that came out? Are there anymore comin out anytime soon?
                        Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

Comment

I just started a new campaign in Civilization III. Man, this game is STILL awesome! If you haven't tried it yet, you're a dumbass. Though if there is one thing that pisses me off about this game, it's the difficulty level. On the easiest setting, you don't have much of a problem winning wars because unless you're a complete retard, your civilization will be about 3 times more advanced than any computer civilization. You'll basically be running stealth bombing missions from aircraft carriers against men on horseback. But if you play on a harder difficulty level, it becomes way too hard to manage your citizens, production, etc, grinding your civilization's advances to a screeching halt as the computer manages to build every wonder before you, found more cities and advance faster, while your own citizens overthrow you and pledge allegeance to the computer's civilization because you weren't quick enough to build Wall Street.

Still... just describing it makes me want to try out all those things and more, because of how open-ended the game is from a strategy stand-point. Games with awesome AI impress me more than any fucking Max Payne, which I thought was a graphically impressive pile of shit.

By the way... to whoever brought up Black & White... It is the single most boring game I've played in the history of computer gaming. After about 6 hours of casting spells, tickling my giant monkey (no, really), and converting villagers from other towns to pray for me, I finally realized that the game has no point whatsoever. No point! Explain to me the point of this game. Is it to constantly play those ridiculous mini-games (which range from "impossibly frustrating" to "easy as hell") that distract you from the larger quest of playing the most boring game ever?

As for Grand Theft Auto III... yes, a very good game. Too bad it gets kind of boring and repetitive about the time you reach the 3rd island. It's also quite hard if you don't use any cheats, walkthroughs, or tricks that abuse some of the game's bugs. Just playing the game the way it was meants to be played, simply by hijacking a fast car and get a weapon to complete a mission, it'll take quite a few re-plays until you finally complete that one mission. And there's about 40 more where that came from. Playing the same two-minute mission for an hour is not my idea of fun, especially when it's really hard to figure out what you're doing wrong.

So, my final word... Civilization III = excellent but difficult, Grand Theft Auto III = flawed but good, Black & White = garbage

Do I win that "rpize"?
                          Ask me about my explosive diarrhea!

Comment

main reason for asking this is i am a current student of digipen IT, we make a new game approx every semester and i need to see which games are good and why they are good, and reproduce those effects in future games to satisfy the community (and not mention the commission from making a million copy game..)

digipen
                            first school to teach game design
                            While I sleep, I dream of programming, but while I'm awake, I program my dreams.

Comment

oh and thanks for your time
                              While I sleep, I dream of programming, but while I'm awake, I program my dreams.

Comment

i think what makes a game good is the fact that it lets u simulate things u could never otherwise do in real life. such as stealing cars, running around with a giant katana, killing orcs...etc. but what makes it even better is complecity masked by simplicity. easy to use interfaces allow user's eyes and minds to stay clear and use more brainpower for the game action itself, not just trying to find pause button when the phone rings.

anyways i just wanted to add one more game:

Uplink: this game is SUPERB. although you cant really find the game anywhere there are..err..places to get it..if u know what i mean. its a hacking simulation in which u buy software tools such as proxy bypassers and firewall disablers. the game is set in the future and ur standard hacking computer comes with 20ghz. HEHE. doesnt seem too far away in the future does it? wait till u see the available 200ghz cpu..and u can triple it when u upgrade ur computer mobo itself. there is no save function, so that is the only dissapointment.. ie: i got arrested because i forgot to check the trace program and those damn cops caught me hacking into a bank trying to steal some dough.

pm me for the link to the site to..err...receive the game...yeah.
                                PURE HATRED> i cannot dodge your bombs AND my teammates
                                pv=nrt> YOU ARE MINE PRINCESS iNgeNfyRe
                                hogo> iNgeNfyRe Just got HoE'D
                                Dark Moogoo> psst, bring the cookies and cream

Comment

Working...
                                X