Along Came Polly Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Along Came Polly Review

I just saw "Along Came Polly" with Ben Stiller and Jennifer Aniston. For those of you who aren't familiar, it's basically a comedy about the relationship between a "neat freak" and a "free spirit". I had a good time but I thought it was going to be funnier. It also easily could have been; they should have had Jack Black play the part of Ben Stiller's best friend. They might have had to alter the plot a little but it probably would have worked. The plot was also a little predictable and Jennifer Aniston, while extremely hot, could have been a little better. Ben Stiller was classic and this movie only adds to his wide variety of facial expressions.

All in all I'm glad I went and it was better than most of the crap that's out there. I give it a 7 (out of 10), go see it.

7/10 isn't good enough for 10 dollars.

Comment

I get the Senior Discount, SON! I suppose you're right though, $10 is a lot of money.

Comment

jack black pisses me off

Comment

he gets so much money for nothing, hes not funny nor does he have any talent, i wanna be like him

Comment

FROM THE CREATORS OF SUCH CLASSIC COMEDIES AS:
            SOMETHING ABOUT MARY
            AND SOMETHING ABOUT MARY 2: MEET THE PARENTS

SOMETHING ABOUT MARY 3: ALONG CAME POLLY

WITH EVEN MORE LAUGH-PACKED BEN STILLER-BEING-AN-ANNOYINGLY-INEPT-GOOFBALL! YOU AIN'T SEEN NOTHING TILL YOU'VE SEEN ALONG CAME POLLY!

No, I haven't seen it. I don't plan to, either.
            'vet' is the new 'newb'.
            sit ez vet, sit.

Comment

Looks like garbage.

I'd rather go see RotK again. By now the lines for it should've gone down, right?
              This signature sucks...

Comment

You pay $10 for movies? We only pay 7-8$ :/
                Sina Olet Sootti :)

Comment

CDN.
                  ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                  Failure teaches success.

Comment

Actually Louis, this would probably be the fourth installment; you forgot "Zoolander".

Comment

Originally posted by Louis XV

SOMETHING ABOUT MARY 3: ALONG CAME POLLY

No, I haven't seen it. I don't plan to, either.

Believe it or not, those were my exact same thoughts (except the ...Mary 3, I thought Meet the Parents was a step above ...Mary)
                      Ну вот...

Comment

So you have a neat freak and a free spirit? Isnt that just Dharma and Greg?
                        Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

I saw ROTK last night and there was still a long line to get in. Also, it was very anticlimactic (direction wise). I suppose having read the books previous to the movies could be a factor in that, but some stuff was just lame. Like how they showed gollum on top of frodo with the ring on? I actually laughed at most of the shit in the movie.
                          1:koan> indy is like being skinny and liking weird music
                          1:tRICERATOPS> just a bunhc of faggots is all being indy is
                          1:koan> we cant talk about this infront of castro
                          1:koan> he's going to see this and be like WTFZ im a skinny vegeterian white dude with selective music tastes

Comment

Originally posted by Project
                            Like how they showed gollum on top of frodo with the ring on? I actually laughed at most of the shit in the movie.
                            Did you expect them to not show it? Or have them hire you, because you can do a better job?
                            Ну вот...

Comment

aussie and kim , i dont know what theatre you are going to but i usually pay between $10(cheap night tuesday) and $16 .
                              work it harder make it better, do it faster, makes us stronger more than ever hour after , our work is never over

Comment

Working...
                              X