burning movies without a DVD burner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• burning movies without a DVD burner?

Hello. I was just wondering if there was a way to burn movies onto a cd-r / cd-rw with the use of only a cd burner. I really don't have $150 to spend right now on a dvd burner. Is there some sort of program that's easy to use and will allow me to do this with ease. Also I would like the cd to be played with the use of a xbox and/or PS2. Thanks much.
    ()_()
    (0.o)
    (")(")

You can make video cds. I know for a fact that they won't be playable on a PS2 without a modchip and a special program, but I am not sure about XBOX.

If you use Nero, it has an option in the wizard to create a video cd if the movie is in a standard video format, like .mpg etc. The movie has to be less than 800MB chunks, though. If this is a DVD you want to burn from, it's a lot more complicated than I'm willing to go into right now. :P
    sdg

Comment

Since I'm not sure exactly what source you're trying to work from, here's a site with a bunch of FAQs on working with different sources.

www.doom9.net

(Note: This isn't going to be as easy as you want it to be.)
      Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

Ok, at the moment I am attempting to burn a movie using Nero, the encoding part is going to take awhile. I'll cross my fingers in hopes that this works. In the mean time I'm going to check out that website Conc. Thanks for the help so far.
        ()_()
        (0.o)
        (")(")

Comment

Just check that your dvd player accepts SVCD discs. Takes up a lot of space but VCD is lower than VHS quality.
          5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
          5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
          5: Da1andonly> =((
          5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
          5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
          5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

Working...
          X