Idea for TW teamspeak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idea for TW teamspeak

Yah, I was listening to live coverage of a draft league game on teamspeak when i came up with this idea...

Why don't we handle live TW news on teamspeak?

There are a variety of reasons that I think this would be a good idea:

- News coverage on tw sports, for instance, major games, and important games.
    - To quickly spread information on new events and new ideas for TW.
    - list of people banned that day (-nt-)
    - announce and give acclaim to winners of special weekend events like ww3 and dodgeball

There are other reasons I'm sure but I'll spare you the boredom of reading them.

The news could be broadcasted once or twice (or a few times) a day at set times. I think it would be a great advancement for tw, if people would actually listen to it. I'm sure there are people out there that would be willing to be "anchormen"

~Just an idea~

~Blue
    "Shouldn't you be Running?"

Paladen

TW Beginners Guide

1:KJW> some 23 year old teacher was screwing her 14 year old students here in Florida was arrested yesterday ... she's HOT and I want to be 14 again!

(Robo Ref)>FACK U ALL BITSHES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, hold the phone here. "Location: Montrose PA" That's my hometown! I'm sitting here in shitty 'ol Montrose as I type this! Like whoa! It's a small world after all.
    jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Ideas I like that one with the banned people heheh.
      2:Displaced> k washed my nuts, hope they stop itching now
      2:Displaced> now its my fucking foot that is itching, FOR FUCKS SAKE

2:Eeks> there was this girl that had a crush on me
      2:Eeks> and she had the biggest boobs i've ever seen live
      2:Eeks> had back problems too i think
      2:Eeks> it was kinda disturbing when her boobs were bigger than her head

1:DangerGirl> spider, give your cap to era
      1:spider> Wooooohoo!
      1:spider> .*passes the hat*
      1:Erathia> <eats the hat>

Comment

Well... teamspeak isn't really meant for things like radio shows. I think you'll find that a lot of people will interrupt the host, etc. The one advantage it would have over shoutcast is that it's always right on with the timing, where shoutcast can sometimes be lagging 1-5 minutes behind for each individual listener.

It would be best if someone just pre-recorded the broadcast, and then played it over shoutcast at a certain time, like they did with Trench Center during the last TWL. I am pretty sure it's not possible to play a pre-recorded show over teamspeak.

Also a lot of people will probably get banned on purpose, just to have their name said on the "radio".
        sdg

Comment

when you talk on teamspeak, your voices sounds more softer or deeper.
          LA

Comment

TW radio for live news?
            www.BasingCrew.com

Comment

Originally posted by Stabwound
              Well... teamspeak isn't really meant for things like radio shows. I think you'll find that a lot of people will interrupt the host, etc. The one advantage it would have over shoutcast is that it's always right on with the timing, where shoutcast can sometimes be lagging 1-5 minutes behind for each individual listener.

It would be best if someone just pre-recorded the broadcast, and then played it over shoutcast at a certain time, like they did with Trench Center during the last TWL. I am pretty sure it's not possible to play a pre-recorded show over teamspeak.

Also a lot of people will probably get banned on purpose, just to have their name said on the "radio".
              Not completely true. Make a channel like TW news or something in TS. Then be assigned a mod by TW staff and mute everyone else. The only people who can interupt you is staff and if they actually follow their pollicies they won't so it could work.
              Jav Guide: Jav Guide

Too bad you have to be a pallie to see it

Comment

Well that only takes care of one part. Teamspeak still isn't ideal for a radio show type thing.
                sdg

Comment

Originally posted by JeBu
                  TW radio for live news?
                  I've tried a few times to get a news thing together for TW radio. Xog wanted to do it but it never happend. Philos, Froe and some other people did a news broadcast (one) but it had limited information and was mostly about bashing players. So if anyone wants to do a news show for radio (doesn't have to be one person) then I'd play it for them and maybe it could turn into a live event and eventually a weekly thing.

It just has to be an organized broadcast for it to work. If a few people want to get a pre recording done it would be better.
                  Last edited by Kolar; 03-05-2004, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JeBu
                    TW radio for live news?

On my way home I was thinking about having a fake microphone, and a video camera.. Outside my school theres like 3 fights every day, and I'd be like.. Okay, the long lasting match between Disoblige and Pallies, this is it folks! The fight of the century! and stuff like that.. haha.....

but be sure that I am going to be doing a video about me and my friends Skatekarting

Don't know what skatekarting is?

Skatekarting: Standing up in a shopping cart in the parking lot and people push you and make a total dumbass out of yourself.

We'll have music and stuff in the background, ppl headbanging, everything, it'll rock!!

Get ready Trench Wars!

Insanity is on it's way.

Oh, and at the end of the video it will probably say ATTENTION WHORE? ... Yes.

Comment

i've done this experiment. It is alrite, but i duno.

I did it while commentating a live basing match.
                      It would work, but not too many people would listen since...............

#1, you have to download extra software
                      #2, you are in team speak but can't talk
                      #3, No one cares.
                      1:Randedl> dude, if you ever spam out again during a game i'm benching you forever heh

5:Attila> then i sell windows vista and mac os's and stuff
                      5:Attila> its good drinkin money :/
                      5:crazi> u gonna be drinking cocks when they lock u up
                      5:Crazy> cockmeat sandwiches
                      5:Attila> :\
                      5:crazi> dont forget the appetizer
                      5:Crazy> jizz rag soup?
                      5:crazi> Seasoned Grade A Meyer's Ranch 100% pure Cock with truffles and a light crab sauce
                      5:Attila> u make it sound so yummy

Comment

Originally posted by crazi
                        i've done this experiment. It is alrite, but i duno.

I did it while commentating a live basing match.
                        It would work, but not too many people would listen since...............

#1, you have to download extra software
                        #2, you are in team speak but can't talk
                        #3, No one cares.
                        Well with shoutcast you still need extra software technically, ie winamp. Now you can say its common so everyone will have it but they might not.

Its the same as radio, this isn't against it not working per say. Plus if you selectively unmute people you can acutally have live interviews which you can't in radio

You will be amazed at how may people would want to see live commentary for a good match. It just needs to be advertised just like everything else.
                        Jav Guide: Jav Guide

Too bad you have to be a pallie to see it

Comment

Originally posted by Force of Nature
                          Well with shoutcast you still need extra software technically, ie winamp. Now you can say its common so everyone will have it but they might not.
                          You could just use Windows Media Player, Realplayer, or Quick Player. So basically not really.
                          Originally posted by Jeenyuss
                          sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

TSM and I were talking about doing this, but I realized I basically just insult people all match, so we'd need a second colour commentator.

Comment

People will forget about Teamspeak in a few weeks, no point,
                              EvoLd> Roboqueen died again?
                              cool koen> :)
                              PRiMORDiAL> pfft
                              cool koen> not because of a bug
                              EvoLd> Lol
                              Treachery> meh
                              EvoLd> why then?
                              PubAceR> women in power dont last
                              EvoLd> LOl
                              toaster oven reviews

Comment

Working...