No announcement yet.

Elim Ratings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I miss the ave's of 600 .... how is anyone (short of Raspi ) supposed to break 1000 now hehe.

Comment

I didn't realize they changed.
      Mr 12 inch wonder

Comment

Originally posted by Zengrath
        What is the Formula i'm interested. if anyone knows where i can find it. Thanks
        The formula is (KILLS/DEATHS)*AVE , but if what MetalKid alleges in this topic is true (and it would seem to be, from what I've seen), it's suddenly (and irritatingly) become (KILLS/DEATHS)*297.5 .
        Originally posted by Ward
        OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

Originally posted by Vykromond
          The formula is (KILLS/DEATHS)*AVE , but if what MetalKid alleges in this topic is true (and it would seem to be, from what I've seen), it's suddenly (and irritatingly) become (KILLS/DEATHS)*297.5 .
          This "sudden change" you've now just realized happened around March...look at Metal's date of post.
          Originally posted by paradise!
          pretty sure the flu is just bacteria found everywhere, just during the winter our immune systems are at its lowest, thus the bacteria aren't exactly killed off.
          1:Reaver> HALP
          1:Reaver> HELELP
          1:Reaver> SAW CRANS MOM NAKED
          1:Reaver> HELP YOU DUMB FUCKS

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyAsian
            This "sudden change" you've now just realized happened around March...look at Metal's date of post.
            And at the time that it was changed, it was sudden. Seeing as things haven't been fixed, what's your point?

Comment

Well, people abused it before by artificially raising their AVE... So the quick fix for staff or whoever maintains it, would be to just hard code the average in. Most people will stick around 300, but a few may get quite a bit higher, and it won't mean anything.

Of course, it all doesn't matter anymore now anyway since the elim pages aren't getting updated at all anymore.

Comment

i say keep it how it is. Before people did that trick where they'd get one kill and spec like 50 times so theyd end up having an insane rating. Then he feeds another guy all ten of his lives and the other guys rating gets insane because of the feeders ave. So just keep it, its good now.
                I AM NOT AN ANIMAL

Comment

I never realized elim scored you. I should stop letting people use my account.
                  Merf. <_<

Comment

Originally posted by MetalKid
                    Of course, it all doesn't matter anymore now anyway since the elim pages aren't getting updated at all anymore.
                    I talked about this with Cpt. Guano the other day, and he said that the only person who can fix that is PriitK, and/or that they're going to wait until a lot of recoding work on the bots is done before refreshing dcee.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalKid
                      So everyone might as well kill newbies and then spec since it won't affect your rating anymore.
                      This convinced me of that it was a good choice not to have automatically updated ?go base stats. They just make people play for the rec.

I say someone should remove the elim !rank command and the website elim results too

hmm speaking of which, I just noticed elim and belim results haven't been updated for a few months on the website. Anyone know why?
                      5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
                      5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
                      5: Da1andonly> =((
                      5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
                      5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
                      5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

Originally posted by Jeansi
                        This convinced me of that it was a good choice not to have automatically updated ?go base stats. They just make people play for the rec.

I say someone should remove the elim !rank command and the website elim results too

hmm speaking of which, I just noticed elim and belim results haven't been updated for a few months on the website. Anyone know why?
                        jeansi, dumb ideas. so why bother recording league scores and standings, cause people play for better records. what is wrong with playing for record?

i thought ?go base was for serious basing to get away from pubs. hence why everyone in there picks the people they think will be the best for the team and get the best record for their given ship. IE NOT SUCK. only people that will benefit from not recording or displaying stats are people that suck because maybe less people will notice. or maybe the better players will stop trying then, so the new guys can get easier kills..either way it is a pretty weak idea. bye
                        Last edited by banzi fuq; 07-14-2004, 05:26 PM.
                        I agree.

Comment

yeah that's dumb jeansi... base is a team game, elim is (supposed to be) everyone for themselves... so you cant compare them in the way that you and many other basers do

Comment

Originally posted by Vykromond
                            I talked about this with Cpt. Guano the other day, and he said that the only person who can fix that is PriitK, and/or that they're going to wait until a lot of recoding work on the bots is done before refreshing dcee.
                            Oooo... I was trying to figure out what was happening with this. It really isn't a big deal, though, the bot needs some sort of command so we can get back who is #1... Since I don't know who it is right now.

Comment

put a cap of 600 on the ave and reincorporate it into the rating formula. then, do a massive reset of the elim ranking so that everybody restarts at 0-0. this will fix everything.
                              Philos> I both hate you and like you more than anyone in this game randedl
                              Philos> there is something about you
                              Philos> You're like the wife i'd love to fuck, but beat every night after work

PhaTz> we should all wear t-shirts that says "I WAS THERE WHEN RANDEDL LOST TWLD" and on the back, "TWICE"

Comment

The whole reason that the system changed is because me and viper54 had a little system...he'd feed me...then i'd feed him with the name i got fed on and so forth...until we both hit around 1 billion + rating...we made a mistake while doing it, and while we were in the millions someone spawned us...it sent everyones rating awry in elim, and everyone had around 1k ave.
                                Phiz> I probably am gay
                                Phiz> I just haven't realized it yet

Comment

Working...
                                X