X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coordinates ? wtf ?

Ok ... i am in this game 4 years now .
    i never got that coordinates thing .
    Its emberacing ... somtimes i am in a dd with 20 kills and last person to kill and they shout "Israeli get him 'l1, h5" So i try to calculate but then i say to myselth "heck .. i'l just fly around and find him ."
    Ok i understand its like a chess board but how do you all know were exactly is the spots ?

Hmm

I don't know it well either. I just know the lower the number, the higher he is on the map. And if its A-G he's on the left. I zoom in the general direction.
    <--- Looking for a good squad.

Comment

Lol, actually I hate to admit it, but I've only recently become even a little decent at reading a coordinate and knowing which way to go right away, myself, though I also started playing over 4 years ago.

It's not about knowing the exact spot every coord is. It's just about knowing where your coord is relative to the coord you're trying to go, so you know which direction to move in. I have two reasons for why I'm not the best at reading them..

Sometimes, :

1) I confuse the letter and the # in terms of which is x and which is y (so I have to move left/right/up/down until the letter or number changes, and I recognize which is which).

2) for the letters, I have to recite that part of the alphabet in my head to determine which letter comes before the other (like for L and J, K and I). :S

In either case, I can figure it out in 5-10 seconds, but that's far too long in real time, when a couple of seconds can determine whether or not you're able to help a squaddie in time.

So even though I've recently gotten better at reading coords, I still much prefer %area to %coord, though I use both in my dd macro for everyone else.
      Jacklyn> i'm not here right now, leave ur phone number address and directions to your house, where you keep your money and what time youre not home and i will get Right back to you

Comment

Directly above your radar you will have your current coordinates displayed. Inyour launcher under View>Options there it a check box under the Radar tab which places your radar in grid mode. Using this, it is A-T running left to right, and 1-20 top to bottom. So for example, if you are at H11 and you are told to go to K13, you will know to travel three grid places right and two places down.
        Anyone that knows how to read a roadmap will understand how it works.

Comment

letters increase from left to right, numbers increase from top to bottom. How is it possible for that to be confusing in any way at all?

Comment

Originally posted by ISRAELI F15-I ACE
            Ok ... i am in this game 4 years now .
            i never got that coordinates thing .
            Its emberacing ...
            Originally posted by Adeon
            Lol, actually I hate to admit it, but I've only recently become even a little decent at reading a coordinate and knowing which way to go right away, myself, though I also started playing over 4 years ago.
            We need a strategy guide for those who've been in subspace for 4 whole years or more. Don't allow us to embarass ourselves any longer by not knowing the simple things that could be solved with the use of a command called ?help, us ol' timers need a strategy guide!

Comment

Originally posted by Rudy
              Directly above your radar you will have your current coordinates displayed. Inyour launcher under View>Options there it a check box under the Radar tab which places your radar in grid mode. Using this, it is A-T running left to right, and 1-20 top to bottom. So for example, if you are at H11 and you are told to go to K13, you will know to travel three grid places right and two places down.
              Anyone that knows how to read a roadmap will understand how it works.
              I tried that a long time ago and thought it was sort of distracting. Meh, maybe I just need to practice with it more.. Seeing grid boxes doesn't really help solve the problem though. Yes, you can read a roadmap, but when you're reading a map, time isn't an issue. You have all the time you want to look at the legends and labels etc. In ss, you usually need to get to a coord asap, and every second counts. So, if you're like me and occasionally forget whether the numbers are the x or the y, or if you don't have an immediate photographic memory of whether the L comes before the J or not, you may lose a couple seconds sorting that out.
              Jacklyn> i'm not here right now, leave ur phone number address and directions to your house, where you keep your money and what time youre not home and i will get Right back to you

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy Weasel
                letters increase from left to right, numbers increase from top to bottom. How is it possible for that to be confusing in any way at all?
                what he said. fucking idiots.
                jee

Comment

I'd help you, but you start the sentence with: I've been playing for 4years, trying to make out you're elite. When infact you're not. Bye
                  EvoLd> Roboqueen died again?
                  cool koen> :)
                  PRiMORDiAL> pfft
                  cool koen> not because of a bug
                  EvoLd> Lol
                  Treachery> meh
                  EvoLd> why then?
                  PubAceR> women in power dont last
                  EvoLd> LOl
                  toaster oven reviews

Comment

Originally posted by Blood
                    what he said. fucking idiots.
                    Arrogant mofo.

Comment

Originally posted by Adeon
                      I tried that a long time ago and thought it was sort of distracting. Meh, maybe I just need to practice with it more.. Seeing grid boxes doesn't really help solve the problem though. Yes, you can read a roadmap, but when you're reading a map, time isn't an issue. You have all the time you want to look at the legends and labels etc. In ss, you usually need to get to a coord asap, and every second counts. So, if you're like me and occasionally forget whether the numbers are the x or the y, or if you don't have an immediate photographic memory of whether the L comes before the J or not, you may lose a couple seconds sorting that out.
                      Coords don't even matter when playing anything but elims or TWD and even then aren't really needed until there's one or two left to be found and killed, in which case you can take a few seconds to work it out instead of spending them flying in the wrong direction.
                      But if it takes you that long to work out, the best advice I can give you is to practice your alphabet every night before you go to sleep, and take your socks off if needed to count to 20. :P

Comment

Shut up :P! I can recongize what numbers > other numbers. It's just immediately recognizing what letters > other letters that's my problem now and then. Useless information that is, anyway. :P

Comment

lolol this is funny

coords are ez to use

when some ppl are playing this game for 4 years & till don't know what coords are, they need to move to EG!
                          Originally posted by Kolar
                          My reaction:

;1;Holy Shit
                          ;1;Al Qaeda took care of method for us

Comment

sorry but you do have to be really stupid not to know how coords work.

Comment

Israeli-F1-whatever is the only person saying he doesn't know how to use coords, Adeon is just saying it's hard to quickly identify a coordinate that's been given to you in relation to when you currently are. Any dumbass knows how the actual system works. (no offence Mr Israeli)

Comment

Working...
                              X