You Newb!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You Newb!

Im trying to get a perception of what people think the word newb, n00b etc, means. I understand that it comes from the word new and probably orignally meant new player, I dont understand then how the word newb is meant to be an insult? ive been called a newb and i have been playing for 6 years so is that a new time? also how do ppl know how long you have been playing? Has the word Newb been adapted to mean an insult as you broke the rule e.g spawnkilling?

People use Newb for plenty of reasons. A newb is someone who is generally in there first few months of playing, in my opinion, or doesn't know much about the game.

Sometimes people joke around with it and stuff, but it's used more by players in elim and etc. who have skill, but when they die via a legit death or w/e - they feel its neccisary to shout out NEWB, because they have no life aside from the computer.

Everyone gets called a newb, i've been playing for years as well and people still call me a newb here and there. The sad part is, they most likely have only been around a year or two themselves :/
    7:Knockers> how'd you do it Paul?
    7:Knockers> sex? money? power?
    7:PaulOakenfold> *puts on sunglasses* *flies away*

1:vys> I EVEN TOLD MY MUM I WON A PIZZA

7:Knockers> the suns not yellow, its chicken
    7:Salu> that's drug addict talk if i ever saw it

1:chuckle> im tired of seeing people get killed and other people just watching simply saying "MURDER. RACISM. BAD"
    1:chuckle> ive watched the video twice now

Comment

I dont think the word newb should be used anymore, its just getting to a state where when its used its so pathetic that its laughable

Comment

Originally posted by THE ENFORCER
        I dont think the word newb should be used anymore, its just getting to a state where when its used its so pathetic that its laughable
        lol good luck trying to stop people.
        7:Knockers> how'd you do it Paul?
        7:Knockers> sex? money? power?
        7:PaulOakenfold> *puts on sunglasses* *flies away*

1:vys> I EVEN TOLD MY MUM I WON A PIZZA

7:Knockers> the suns not yellow, its chicken
        7:Salu> that's drug addict talk if i ever saw it

1:chuckle> im tired of seeing people get killed and other people just watching simply saying "MURDER. RACISM. BAD"
        1:chuckle> ive watched the video twice now

Comment

Originally posted by Capital Knockers
          lol good luck trying to stop people.
          I know know why G-d sent me here

Comment

People who say NEWB = people who play ss too much or take it too seriously, they try and make some kind of excuse for their failure. Thats it.

Same with Noob, Noobie, Newbie, etc etc.

Comment

Newb - someone who is new to the game and is doing illogical things.
              Newb - someone who is acting/playing like he is new to the game.
              Newb - what newbs call people to boost their ego and to seem non-newbish. (<doesn't work )

Comment

Originally posted by Reed
                People who say NEWB = people who play ss too much or take it too seriously, they try and make some kind of excuse for their failure. Thats it.

Same with Noob, Noobie, Newbie, etc etc.
                So true...
                TWLD Season 8 Champion: -FINAL-
                TWLB Season 9 Champion: -FINAL-

Sika> go in, burst and portal out © everett 2006 all rights reserved
                Cross> feel like masturbating after seeing everett in javbirt
                1:LF> my gf gives bad head, how do i fix this 1:pinkSTAR> give head to another guy 1:LF> k ur ignored
                4:moot> cintra thinks he's as good as ev now so he's decided not to talk in public like him
                1:broly> winning this title is like having sex

Comment

As far as i can see, nowadays, a 'noob' or whatever you want to call it is someone who is better than you.
                  The people who usually call others noobs are those who regard themselves as being of a better quality than of their opponents and when they lose, which can be frustrating, they blame it on you, calling you a noob to hide the fact that they got beaten.
                  Its mainly used by insecure people who cannot accept their own mistakes which will inevitably stop them from improving as they will not be able to rectify these mistakes in the future.

Newbie, obviously derived from someone who is new to the game, is a term that is overtly exaggerated and I agree, should be 'removed'. Its getting annoying, most of the things I read on the game is just ranting and raving 'You NEWB' 'OMG I GOT KILLED BY A NEWB' or constant postings of 'noob' 'lamed' 'spawned'. It really ruins a perfectly good game.

Personally, I couldn't care less if you get spawned or lamed so don't go shouting it out which does distract the player from playing.
                  Run Wabbit Run Wabbit Run Run Run Here Come FFLeader With His Gun Gun Gun ewww .?go rabbit -Redlights <ER>

Comment

Originally posted by THE ENFORCER
                    I know know why G-d sent me here
                    Why is there a - in the middle of the word god? are u some religous nut who is afraid to say the lord's name in vain??? wierd

Comment

It traditionally done in writing so that the Lord's name cannot be erased.

Comment

Originally posted by FFLeader
                        As far as i can see, nowadays, a 'noob' or whatever you want to call it is someone who is better than you.
                        The people who usually call others noobs are those who regard themselves as being of a better quality than of their opponents and when they lose, which can be frustrating, they blame it on you, calling you a noob to hide the fact that they got beaten.
                        Its mainly used by insecure people who cannot accept their own mistakes which will inevitably stop them from improving as they will not be able to rectify these mistakes in the future.

Newbie, obviously derived from someone who is new to the game, is a term that is overtly exaggerated and I agree, should be 'removed'. Its getting annoying, most of the things I read on the game is just ranting and raving 'You NEWB' 'OMG I GOT KILLED BY A NEWB' or constant postings of 'noob' 'lamed' 'spawned'. It really ruins a perfectly good game.

Personally, I couldn't care less if you get spawned or lamed so don't go shouting it out which does distract the player from playing.
                        FFLeader4PostOfTheYear
                        NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Newbied!!!

:d
                          FIRST you pillage, THEN you burn.

Comment

pfft u r NEW
                            NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

What the word newb really means...

It's easy... You are a newb if you kill one guy, it doesnt matter if you've been here since the beginning because you are still newb, that's why they say it.

Although in my oppinion people use the word wrong.
                              TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Working...
                              X