No announcement yet.

Looking for advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is no use sitting silent waiting to get picked, if you want to get picked, say you want to be picked. If you're silent noone knows you are awake and willing to play. The best way is to talk in a non-annoying way (doesn't have to be about getting picked), if someone is talking about something in spec at the end of a game, pick that thread up...

Comment

All it takes to become a picked player in base is to be quite active for about one month in go base. (Starting out with 18 people in the arena and working up to 25+) Then people will reconize you if you come in ever once in awhile, close to what I did. (though I haven't played for a while) Malladrin's right, caps hate afk people with a burning rage.
      Last edited by Vitron; 04-08-2004, 10:19 AM.

Comment

used to be alot easier to learn just by speccing.
        back then you could watch at what energy-lvl you should warp and where and when to put the ports

Comment

as you play more you will be able to tell who's good.

but to start with pick a terr you know is intelligent. a terr should stay safe, letting the team do everything else.

your lineup should be:

1 terr
          2 sharks
          4 spids
          1 jav

everything else just sucks.

Comment

your lineup should be:

1 terr
            2 sharks
            4 spids
            1 jav

everything else just sucks.
            Yeah, these non-warbird basing lineups are good for cautious basing.

But you said "everything else just sucks", that indicates the BASE arena or twbd for that matter will stagnate to this lineup form forever. Doesn't it add more diversity or new tactics/strategy if you consider using other ship types?

For example; Imagine Talon and Daze being basebirds, wouldn't that help at all in a BASING match? I know Randedl basebirds in BASE frequently with much success.

I strongly disagree with anyone that thinks Warbirds are useless in BASING.

Warbirds in Basing:

-Good at terminating the Terrier (the very pivotal basing ship)
            -Excells in Mid-base, adding pressure on the terrier (or rest of the team trying to assault into the Flag Room) and tying up spiders.
            -Good at killing the shark fast, so it doesn't lay as many mines.

For example: A enemy jav is trying to setup a good shot into flagroom, here comes a midbase warbird just to mess him/her up thus neutralizing the non-FR team from doing a brutal assault on the FR.

Though I do agree warbirds are pretty useless in the Flag Room, since there isn't much space, but they can be used to try to take that vital Enemy Terrier out and that alone can change the FR situation quite quickly.

Comment

as far as arrogance goes, fuck that guy. his wife isnt even that hot
              Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

Comment

Originally posted by Knuckle
                And since there are so many of you browsing these forums, I'll launch the following questions.

What are some good tips about TWBD?
                I'll give you a link to my website on basing.

Edit: crap, i can't find my link what happened to the "New to trench wars? click here" thread? it was in there. . . .

Edit2: found it!

http://xogg.tripod.com
                Last edited by Xog; 04-09-2004, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Inactiveness

Damn I made mistake in reply, tried to reply to a user directly...please delete me... sorry
                  Last edited by WiseCherub; 04-09-2004, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayo Inc.
                    as far as arrogance goes, fuck that guy. his wife isnt even that hot
                    Gotta be better than Material Girl though.

ZING!

I AM A BALLER, BIGWIG! A BALLER! IT'S ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    5:gen> man
                    5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

Originally posted by za gophar
                      practice often, in more than one level. pub, go base, other zones. never stop improving.
                      i totally agree on this, different arenas require different types of skill, even tho the purpose is pratically the same. This goes for elim / twdd / wbduel aswell.
                      The steps of life are easily forgotten by those who climb the ladder.

Comment

You can't always be lucky... but the first people you want to look to join are the people that want to join YOUR squad... not have you as a backup squad if they can't make it to some other squad... those are the people that are going to help your squad the most and to let it prosper.
                        Ok, then here's the number one question - how many veterans would like to join my squad?

See? That's something only a newbie would ask, and while I am indeed new to TW, I've had plenty of experience in Extreme-Games and Redstar(since 2000). In both of the affore mentioned zones, you can often see a newbie spamming, Newbb> join =234 to b cool and leets only!! - which isn't how I desire to be seen.

It's hard to find people who can own it up when you yourself are new.
                        #1547 +(1087)- [X] - Bash.Org

<iMike> i was just thinking of hiring a man to service my septic system
                        <maff> is that the classy way to say you want to get fucked in the ass?

Comment

i thought you quite ss, not just eg

Comment

I'm still in EG - ?squad Yoink.

Comment

Well, one of the main points provided by you guys was that I should look to people who want to join in order to help Data PROSPER. How do I announce to those people that we are here and that we would like people to help us improve without coming off as complete novices?

Comment

Working...
                              X