Possiblities?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possiblities?

I couldnt find the correct forum if i'm in the wrong one. Lunar mentioned a twdev, but where is it?

No idea if any of these has been mentioned, and i dont remeber all of the ones i had because the window was accidently closed after i had them all down! GAY!

1. This one is a little...yea. Players having the ability to connect with other online players and send or recieve files like banners, pictures or video. Not everyone has msn, aol, icq or irc or whatever.

2. There should defenitely be a way for players to leave offline away messages. For example: If i was to go on a 3 week vacation, i would want my friends to know about it, and rather than messaging every single person, i can simple .?awayoffline : message. Or something like that. The message should pop up when someone tries to .?find you.

3. I was thinking about that nice little shield you recieve when you have the most points in the room. Yes that shiny spinny shield everyone wants. Well in elim and dd, it makes sense, but in things like pub, it just doesnt. You can sit all day and do nothing but let your team win you points. I suggest there be other sheilds/medals next to name tags for different categories of records. Like most kills, highest bounty, best ratio, a skull for most deaths. Stuff like that.

4. Someone needs to plant some color options in the start up of continuum so players can easily change chat, team, name tag and pm chat colors. I'm tired of having my screen flood red, which i have a hard time seeing when i'm tired 3 in the morning.

5. Another feature added to the options in continuum allowing the player to assign a arena to spawn or enter into once he/she logs into the game. It would lighten the uneccessary load of spectators in pubs.

6. I sure hope that cloaker/lev-less pub is on the way. But also this brings another idea. Suppose we had publics that were restricted to one ship. Like SpiderPub, WarbirdPub, JavelinPub. Players could freely fight over flag while practicing their ship dueling, and they would never have to wait to play or be worried about getting picked.

7. SwEeTLiLBloNdY> Make it less sucky.
    SwEeTLiLBloNdY> Oh, and negative bounty was fun as hell.

8. exiled soul> need real cheerleaders
    exiled soul> and hey can all stay at my place

9. Unexpected> like why do we need a zh to start a wbduel?
    Unexpected> and to assig them cap?
    Unexpected> that can be made
    Unexpected> by bots

10. A command much like ?arena only you can ?zone. Instead of having to d/c the game you can just swtich to another zone. (Submitted by Carlito Brigante)

11. "a setting in cfg so you can turn on/off teamkilling function.... and so turn on/off if you can kill urself with bombs, just as teammates do." This can be meant for different styles of arenas. It shouldnt be a setting for every arena, but just for some that should have it. (Submitted by Carlito Brigante)

12. Some way to block obscene names....hard to concentrate killing someone while he's running around with this sick word next to his ship.

OH FUDGE.
    Spell posibilities wrong....
    How do i edit that?!

:|

I think the !notplaying thing in go base is backwards. Since it only lasts one game, and people who are acctivly there waiting to be put in or patiently waiting for the next game are often over looked for more afk subs, !playing would be more effective. Puting yourself in the pool of eligable players as each game starts would also be a good way for the bot to tell if there is enough interest in a new game before a team of 5 and a team of 6 are picked only to realize its not going to happen. Surely the extra effort to do !playing for every game you wish to participate in would outweight all the games ruined by afkers or started without enough interest.

"4. Someone needs to plant some color options in the start up of continuum so players can easily change chat, team, name tag and pm chat colors. I'm tired of having my screen flood red, which i have a hard time seeing when i'm tired 3 in the morning."

there is, open your cont graphics folder and mod any of the bm2s that have letters on them. if you use photoshop or psp, this is as easy as applying a new layer, filling it with the desired hue, and adjusting blend modes (overlay or hue are nice choices) and opacities untill the font is how you like it. On my set the moderator red letter are replaced with ammorphus colorfull marks so when I get warned it looks like a happy rainbow thing. :|
    Last edited by Benno; 04-15-2004, 04:23 AM.
    SIGNATURE PROTEST: KEEP THE SHORT FFS

Comment

Originally posted by Intriquality
      Hey look that's me.

Comment

I couldnt find the correct forum if i'm in the wrong one. Lunar mentioned a twdev, but where is it?

No idea if any of these has been mentioned, and i dont remeber all of the ones i had because the window was accidently closed after i had them all down! GAY!

1. This one is a little...yea. Players having the ability to connect with other online players and send or recieve files like banners, pictures or video. Not everyone has msn, aol, icq or irc or whatever.

2. There should defenitely be a way for players to leave offline away messages. For example: If i was to go on a 3 week vacation, i would want my friends to know about it, and rather than messaging every single person, i can simple .?awayoffline : message. Or something like that. The message should pop up when someone tries to .?find you.

3. I was thinking about that nice little shield you recieve when you have the most points in the room. Yes that shiny spinny shield everyone wants. Well in elim and dd, it makes sense, but in things like pub, it just doesnt. You can sit all day and do nothing but let your team win you points. I suggest there be other sheilds/medals next to name tags for different categories of records. Like most kills, highest bounty, best ratio, a skull for most deaths. Stuff like that.

4. Someone needs to plant some color options in the start up of continuum so players can easily change chat, team, name tag and pm chat colors. I'm tired of having my screen flood red, which i have a hard time seeing when i'm tired 3 in the morning.

5. Another feature added to the options in continuum allowing the player to assign a arena to spawn or enter into once he/she logs into the game. It would lighten the uneccessary load of spectators in pubs.

6. I sure hope that cloaker/lev-less pub is on the way. But also this brings another idea. Suppose we had publics that were restricted to one ship. Like SpiderPub, WarbirdPub, JavelinPub. Players could freely fight over flag while practicing their ship dueling, and they would never have to wait to play or be worried about getting picked.

8. exiled soul> need real cheerleaders
        exiled soul> and hey can all stay at my place

9. Unexpected> like why do we need a zh to start a wbduel?
        Unexpected> and to assig them cap?
        Unexpected> that can be made
        Unexpected> by bots

10. A command much like ?arena only you can ?zone. Instead of having to d/c the game you can just swtich to another zone. (Submitted by Carlito Brigante)

11. "a setting in cfg so you can turn on/off teamkilling function.... and so turn on/off if you can kill urself with bombs, just as teammates do." This can be meant for different styles of arenas. It shouldnt be a setting for every arena, but just for some that should have it. (Submitted by Carlito Brigante)

12. Some way to block obscene names....hard to concentrate killing someone while he's running around with this sick word next to his ship.

OH FUDGE.
        Spell posibilities wrong....
        How do i edit that?!

:|
        1: Although this is a good idea, it could be a nightmare bandwidth wise...I mean banners arent that big, but videos? And who wants to do all that coding?

2: Good idea, I agree, but like I said, it depends if Dock> is willing to do the coding.

3: Whats wrong with the current sheild? :P I think thats just unnecessary coding, I suggest sticking with the current 'shield'.

4: Good idea, I would like to be able to change certain colors of my chat to, there is an option to make your chat transparent, but that would only make things worse :P

5: Good idea, is it feasible? I dont know because Im not an expert on code, but I would think that this wouldnt be too difficult, keep in mind our upper staff members are very busy as it is.

6: No cloakers and No levi's...yeah I guess I could see that happening, but spiderpub or warbirdpub? I think not :eek:

7: Uhh yeah ok...

8: Cool

9: You need a ZH to start wbduel because we need a responsible person to start the automated dueling, that has powers to the bot and wont keep re-assigning the same person, will pick good captains and is there to help you, and not just play.

10: Ok now your just being lazy

11: You would have people that can TK and people that cant? I dont think that would work, either leave tk'ing as a possibility or make it impossible to tk, but no in between...

12: Escape then F4 (or F3 or F5, I cant think of which right now, still sleepy) will take the names away, by the ships. Even though I know you just want certain ships blocked, its easier this way.
        1:Best> lol why is everyone mad that roiwerk got a big dick stickin out his underwear, it's really attractive :P
        3:Best> lol someone is going to sig that
        3:Best> see it coming
        3:Best> sad

Comment

Hey Intriquality, post these suggestions on these forums.

http://www.ssforum.net/

Waste of time to post Continuum idea suggestions on TW Forums; either you get flamed to death or no one gives concrete answers or solutions.

Mr.Extend is the man behind Continuum Client GUI, and he usually frequents these forums. Though I don't even see prittk lurk around there sadly.

Alot of your ideas are good, but there is one concern and thats filesharing via TW Server.

I think there is a logical reason why they don't have that; Bandwidth waste... the TW Game Server should only focus on the game. But perhaps an alternative ingame convenient file sharing method could be devised.

Comment

i really like the idea of sending files and the incons next to your name representing the most kills/most deaths/highest bounty.

Comment

1. Bandwidth waster, and I'm not sure that the long arms of the law would like continuum players exchanging warez trought the game. upload it and voila, anyone you want can get the file easily and quickly. Or email it.

4. In your continuum\graphics folder, there are three files, hugefont, tallfont and largerfont or something like that if I'm not mistaken. change the place for the fonts or get a completely new one and voila, your text will change to whatever color of the 256 that the file can support.

5. before you enter, press ctrl-p, there you see the auto line. just type in ?go arenaname and voila, you will enter the zone and go straight to this other arena.

10 and 11. lovely. I suggested 11 a while back, but I also wanted the possiblility for bullets to kill first thing that it hits, friend or foe (think about how fun it would be!) And the possiblity to commit suicide ingame. Just options for the zone keeper to play with. more options ---> more ways for levelmakers to make new, fun levels ---> tons of fun

12. dunno if ?obscene blocks them but it might be problematic. say someone has the name Jeansifuck, and obscene would block out fuck from the word. Now there would be two guys called Jeansi. would lead to lots of trouble
              5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
              5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
              5: Da1andonly> =((
              5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
              5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
              5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

I've alwyas thought that an extra box next to the other stats in F2 there should be a "TKs" column.

Comment

I think intri meant block out that persons names altogether, not just the part..

thatd make a bit more sense to me

Comment

i forgot who said, but yeah, you can change the colors in a graphics editor if you change the .bm2 to .bmp and you can do it in mspaint
                    DELETED

Comment

Manually change the colors of your continuum files yourself over and over again when you desire.
                      Or push a button.

Nailed, that idea is great.

Thanks for the link wise.

Reaver: "10: Ok now your just being lazy"
                      And if we wanted to keep our current session usage? Then what?

Comment

Manually change the colors of your continuum files yourself over and over again when you desire.
                        Or push a button.

Nailed, that idea is great.

Thanks for the link wise.

Reaver: "10: Ok now your just being lazy"
                        And if we wanted to keep our current session usage? Then what?
                        You wouldnt be able to, but why you would want to keep your current session usage is beyond me, considering your the only one that can see it.
                        1:Best> lol why is everyone mad that roiwerk got a big dick stickin out his underwear, it's really attractive :P
                        3:Best> lol someone is going to sig that
                        3:Best> see it coming
                        3:Best> sad

Comment

Originally posted by Reaver
                          11: You would have people that can TK and people that cant? I dont think that would work, either leave tk'ing as a possibility or make it impossible to tk, but no in between...
                          Reaver - I think Intriquality was refering a setting that would be in the arena's cfg file. i.e. A feature that could be turned on/off for each arena.

I have some ideas:

1. Roll on feature - The option to enable "roll-on" in in the arena settings. when the weapon (whichever it is) hits someone, it carries on (But the person still dies). Could be interesting if enabled for bursts or thors.

2. See kills/deaths when alt tabbed, or maybe a macro for %kills/%deaths which would display the kills/deaths for the ticked player.

3. Option to change your current key defs when alt tabbed. I hate having to esc&q whenever fallout starts

4. Some sort of wall which you have to shoot to open? (Or maybe you have to shoot something to open a certain door)

5. Option to have your own obscene words list so those who wish to can see certain bad words but not others. Or maybe some sort of graded ?obscene.

6. Warp bombs. As in, if you fire a bomb into a wormhole, it gets warped. (This would be a feature which could be turned on/off for a particular arena)

7. More chats, 9 is not enough.

I know there are more (And better ones) I have thought of which I can't think of atm, i will post them when I have remembered.

~Ewan
                          Last edited by Ewan; 04-16-2004, 04:09 PM.
                          USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
                          ---A few minutes later---
                          9:cool koen> you scorereseted
                          9:Kim> UM
                          9:Kim> i didn't
                          9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
                          9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
                          9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
                          9:pascone> lol?

Comment

There should be no file sharing of any kind, the possibilities for viruses spreading would be astronomical.
                            5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                            5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                            5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Ewan

1. Bouncing bullets: The next generation.
                              2. ?best does it for me.
                              4. Probably could be handled by bots. Bots can do nearly anything.
                              and
                              7. Isn't there 10?

sysops can *putfile and *getfile...

Its a terrible way to share files though.

Originally posted by Disliked
                              Imagine a world without morals... it would be like the tw community
                              +++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Comment

Working...
                              X