3d ship models

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3d ship models

Does anyone know where I can get a good 3d model of the ships of subspace/continuum? Preferably not textured, as the detail needs to be in the surfaces of the models.

hmm The only way you would get that is if you go to the downloads website... I think. I've looked for those a while ago they are hard to come accross.. Try looking for wallpapers that may be ur best shot.

1:delta> personally, i would not go to war for oil
    1:FarScape> in age of empires you would
    1:Freeze> LOL FAR
    ---
    5:waven> freeze
    5:waven> no one talks to ease directly
    5:waven> you state your business with sanji
    5:waven> he will relay it to phizey
    5:waven> phizey will relay it to me
    5:waven> and i will talk to ease
    5:Freeze> LOL
    5:waven> that's how things work around here
    --
    1:renzi> freeze theres difference between being wasted and being a waste

Comment

Commodore Relish aka Don <ER> made some 3D models, i don't know if he still plays.
      Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

Comment

U mean the ship pictures that are found on the banners here?

http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10329
        ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
        Failure teaches success.
        . â–²
        ▲ ▲

Comment

Nope, I mean a real 3d model =)
          I have access to a machine that makes 3d models out of plastic, a set of subspace ships sitting across my monitor would be totally awesome in my opinion - which is why model detail is important and textures arent.

Comment

Here, the subspacedownloads contain gifs that show the ships spinning around. Thats the most 3D in the ships I ever seen. :P
            You ate some priest porridge

Comment

Originally posted by DaiShiva
              Nope, I mean a real 3d model =)
              I have access to a machine that makes 3d models out of plastic, a set of subspace ships sitting across my monitor would be totally awesome in my opinion - which is why model detail is important and textures arent.
              omg sell them
              NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Originally posted by Jerome Scuggs
                omg sell them
                I cant! =) I dont have models to make them from, and my modeling skills are terrible.

If anyone wants to make me models, you can be sure I would make em a set no problem.

Comment

What is the min/max size of output that machine has and what type of plastic? I'd be all over a traditional 1:64 scale paint and glue required kit of a terrier
                  SIGNATURE PROTEST: KEEP THE SHORT FFS

Comment

Originally posted by Benno
                    What is the min/max size of output that machine has and what type of plastic? I'd be all over a traditional 1:64 scale paint and glue required kit of a terrier
                    We scale models all the time. It would not be unreasonable to make these things about 3-4 inches in length.

The models would be made out of a nylon based powder - sintered together in layers

Comment

What type of model? .3ds? maya? lightwave?

Comment

Originally posted by Aggravate
                        What type of model? .3ds? maya? lightwave?
                        We have an program that converts between (most) 3d formats. The program *says* it will convert .3ds, maya and lightwave objects to the format we desire. If you can output to a .stl file, we read those 99% of the time. I seem to remember having problems with some of the different versions of 3ds and the format they output, and other versions will work no problem.

If you cant output to a .stl file (which is just a list of facets and normals), send a sample model to 'ratzlaff AT daishiva.com' and I'll let you know if we can read it.

Comment

I found this among my zips but I don't have any software installed atm to check if it works or what it looks like:

http://koti.mbnet.fi/~jeansi/others/...ird - Maja.zip

If that works (and is good looking) I can see if I find another one in my archives somewhere
                          5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
                          5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
                          5: Da1andonly> =((
                          5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
                          5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
                          5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

Originally posted by Jeansi
                            I found this among my zips but I don't have any software installed atm to check if it works or what it looks like:

http://koti.mbnet.fi/~jeansi/others/...ird - Maja.zip

If that works (and is good looking) I can see if I find another one in my archives somewhere
                            I did some fiddling with the models in the zip, you have a maya and a (i think) lightwave object in there. Here is what they look like. They will look a lot like this when created =)

Comment

Talk to Bero, he has some fucking amazing ones.

Comment

Working...
                              X