AFK people in ?go base

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AFK people in ?go base

Pure_Luck brought up this idea before and I just wanted to bring it up again because it's a very good idea.

The idea was that there would be some kind of bot that worked like Mr Arrogant and sat in ?go base all the time, but it would only put AFK people on a spec freq like 9348 so people would know they were afk. This would be good to add to BaseAlert since it's in there 24/7 and is always on. When someone is on this freq, the bot won't let people pick them.

There are a few people that go AFK in base and get picked time and time again for nothing. A bot like this would save a lot of hassle.

ADDITION: Also, if someone is subbed they should be moved to this alternet freq. If they want to make themselves back available to play, they can just type ?go base again.
    Last edited by Stabwound; 04-26-2004, 03:34 PM.
    sdg

I'm afk in there right now, reading these forums
    Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

Comment

An ok idea, not more :P

Comment

Yeah but I mean people that type ?go base then go to make a sandwich and then watch TV for an hour.
        sdg

Comment

what about when real Arrogant comes? The master arrogant? *EEK*

Comment

Originally posted by Stabwound
            Pure_Luck brought up this idea before and I just wanted to bring it up again because it's a very good idea.

The idea was that there would be some kind of bot that worked like Mr Arrogant and sat in ?go base all the time, but it would only put AFK people on a spec freq like 9348 so people would know they were afk. This would be good to add to BaseAlert since it's in there 24/7 and is always on.

There are a few people that go AFK in base and get picked time and time again for nothing. A bot like this would save a lot of hassle.
            Sure, do it.

Comment

Great idea! Since I afk lots of times!
              TWLD Season 8 Champion: -FINAL-
              TWLB Season 9 Champion: -FINAL-

Sika> go in, burst and portal out © everett 2006 all rights reserved
              Cross> feel like masturbating after seeing everett in javbirt
              1:LF> my gf gives bad head, how do i fix this 1:pinkSTAR> give head to another guy 1:LF> k ur ignored
              4:moot> cintra thinks he's as good as ev now so he's decided not to talk in public like him
              1:broly> winning this title is like having sex

Comment

Originally posted by Stabwound

The idea was that there would be some kind of bot that worked like Mr Arrogant and sat in ?go base all the time, but it would only put AFK people on a spec freq like 9348 so people would know they were afk. This would be good to add to BaseAlert since it's in there 24/7 and is always on.

when are ppl afk ? sometimes when u are in ?go base ppl don't get picked for 2-3 rounds, the bot thinks, they are afk, so lets bring them to freq 9348. but they are not afk, they are sitting and waiting to finally get a chance to play.

so i think there should be a command for basealert like !afk and then bring them up there, or just !notplaying but then make it not one game, just untill the person does !notplaying again, but that is perhaps complicated since the bot "shutdown" after the game is finished.

so when "afk ppl" go on that 9348 freq, which are not even afk, ppl should typ ?go base every time they brought up to that, it is not such a big deal, but i think a command should be more usefull

or am i wrong ?
                Code:
                1:Pred_FNM <ER>> guys, yellow + green is really shitty for forumcolours :p
                1:lnx> what's wrong with that combination
                1:lnx> I wear yellow-green clothes :(
                1:Pred_FNM <ER>> i dont mean in clothes, in forums..
                1:lnx> kk
                1:lnx> buy a black-white computer monitor if you don't like the colors foo

Comment

I dont understand why people are afk for more than 10-20mins i mean there is an exit button and if your just there for usage thats even more of a dumber reason, it is really frustrating picking ppl who afk and dont even bother using the !notplaying command. I reckon these ppl should be banned for 20mins just to teach them a lesson of consideration for other playing people.

It is also annoying when you are trying to get into pub 0 (for pure base settings) but its maxed out (36 players) and you just know like 5-10 of em arent playing! But generally there is a spot if you wait 5mins though but still.......
                  Last edited by THE ENFORCER; 04-26-2004, 05:37 AM.

Comment

afk People In Base Should Be Banned Forever
                    http://disoblige.be-damned.com/OLD%20WEBSITE/

Comment

WP shh! You are one of them =P
                      TWLD Season 8 Champion: -FINAL-
                      TWLB Season 9 Champion: -FINAL-

Sika> go in, burst and portal out © everett 2006 all rights reserved
                      Cross> feel like masturbating after seeing everett in javbirt
                      1:LF> my gf gives bad head, how do i fix this 1:pinkSTAR> give head to another guy 1:LF> k ur ignored
                      4:moot> cintra thinks he's as good as ev now so he's decided not to talk in public like him
                      1:broly> winning this title is like having sex

Comment

Uhm the idea was also to put people on a frequency that:
                        • Typ !notplaying
                        • Are !removed
                        • Are !subbed

This way !notplaying will also last untill you come back and do ?go base.
                        Ofcourse it's fucked that we need to make systems for people going afk in ?Go base. I mean, if you aren't playing why would you be there?
                        You ate some priest porridge

Comment

I don't think we really need that...but who am I
                          I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal...

Comment

I still say that instead of typing !notplaying, that before each new match that's started you should have to type !playing to make you eligable for that round.
                            It's not fool-proof, but it's an improvement.
                            Hello Denon it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several days, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?

Comment

Originally posted by warportal
                              afk People In Base Should Be Banned Forever
                              ya
                              You ate some priest porridge

Comment

Working...
                              X