This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The best warbird styles

Hey, i have always thought about this. I consider myself a warbird, and I believe I am somewhat decent in the ship, I can shoot, dodge, and use some strategies. Yes i know all the basics, but I was wondering about some of your guys tactics and styles in the warbird. (im mostly talking about the people that are actually good in the warbird, not you basers that make up 75% of the forums for some reason). Well first I will go over some of the styles that i find effective and how to implement them.

The Rush- One of the most commonly used, and I believe most effective styles. I believe there are 2 different kind of rushes. The aggressive rush and the passive rush. The aggressive rush is when you catch someone running and you immediately chase them, then at the first chance you shoot a really fast bullet and hope to hit them. I believe this is a harder kind of rush, because while someone is boosting away, it is hard to hit them. To be effective at an aggressive rush you have to have very good aim and good timing. I think a very good example of aggressive rushers are mattey, and mythril. The passive rush is more effective i believe, this is chasing someone but not directly, sometimes zig-zagging around behind them and stopping your rush for a split second. This almost lulls the person into taking a shot, and because of their backwards velocity, you can easily deek their shot and rush forward and kill. Though the passive rush isnt as effective as the aggressive rush when it comes to surprise attacks, overall i believe it is better. Someone who is good at the passive rush would be reaver.

Running- Running is also an effective style, some people use this style non-stop. To use the actual style of running, would be to make someone believe you have no energy and are running away. Then lure them into chasing you, then at the last second, BLAST! shoot em when they dont expect it, You have to have good aim, or a quick way to reverse your velocity though. Running also is effective when the guy decides hes going to run up beside you and shoot, that way you will be shooting sideways not directly backwards, so your shot goes faster. Or while running, wait until the person shoots at you, then a split second later you shoot, and catch them off-guard. A good example of a skilled runner would be renge, or maybe destroy.

Aim- This is a pretty general style, and a lot of people use it. But few are very good at it. This doesnt involve a lot of running or rushing, just a lot of shooting; especially radar shots. Of course to be effective with this style you have to be very good at aiming, have good radar, and be able to predict ones actions very well. Usually people that use this style also use the up-down deeking technique. That way they dont waste time and energy running, so they get more shots off. I believe the best example of an aimer would be raspi. He has insane radar and normal aim, and for some reason his shots always seem to go faster than other peoples. They are very hard to dodge.

Rock-Bouncing- The last more abstract style I will go into. This can be combined very well with the running or rushing style. Basically, just mess up your enemy by bouncing off a rock and completely changing velocity. If you are rushing you can bounce on the rock while you shoot to get a consistently very fast shot (if you do it right), or you can bounce off a rock while you are running and suddenly be behind the chaser. This works very well when you are being chased with full energy. Bounce off the rock then shoot him right away. A good example of this style is well.. me, im usually bouncing off rocks, and i dont see many other people use this style.

Well i was bored so i wrote this, you warbirds out there input some of your own styles now
    I AM NOT AN ANIMAL

I don't use one of those styles, i basically just use them all.
    DELETED

Comment

I'm not giving out any secrets.
      Mr 12 inch wonder

Comment

Bouncing off rocks while firing doesn't make your bullets go any faster. It is just an illusion that results from your sudden movement in the opposite direction.

Comment

Sphonk lies, it goes faster.
          Originally posted by Vatican Assassin
          i just wish it was longer
          Originally posted by Cops
          it could have happened in the middle of a park at 2'oclock in the afternoon while your parents were at work and I followed you around all afternoon.

Comment

The best style is running, cause its fun to be chased. Geez I wish some chicks rushed me in real life, though that never happens cause I'm a techno geek. This paragraph is of course a joke, but some might actually think this is my style; I encourage you to believe this.. yeah..

As for secrets, anyone who is interested in joining my squad, I'll or others will train you up.. if you show patience, ambition to learn, and care about our new squad community for its long term life.

Otherwise, if you ain't on my squad.... I won't share, I agree 100% with Mattey in regards to this.

So I guess some of us on here will have to learn the hard way like myself and many others. Of course I got a few pointers from some good duelers, much thanks to them...my respect for them is long standing.

Comment

i'll give you one secret .... I dodge the bullets and shoot enemies.
              DELETED

Comment

Originally posted by Cylor
                Sphonk lies, it goes faster.
                No it doesn't. Get two people together and have both fire at the same time. Get someone else to tell you that the bullets move at the same speed.

Comment

How about the "I point and shoot your ass" style?

Comment

rock shots are useful because you can get a full speed shot off and after the shot you are headed away from the enemy instead of right at them with 0 energy.

Comment

Originally posted by Sphonk
                      Bouncing off rocks while firing doesn't make your bullets go any faster. It is just an illusion that results from your sudden movement in the opposite direction.
                      Aye so right. This is a very common misconception. I used to believe that the bullets would go faster too until Dantax and I took about an hour or so doing extensive testing a while back.

-Epi
                      Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                      www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                      www.animeslice.com

Comment

Personally my style is to just use my brain. I don't have a particularly good shot, but I play using strategy instead of skill. The key is to stay alive. If you stay alive the kills will come.

Run away when you are outnumbered. Don't fight laggers if you can help it. If you are cornered, move to a better position. Run in a way so that even if the enemy shoots at you, you will have time to dodge. Shoot so that you always have an escape route. Don't just shoot and stand still and wait to die. Rush when you have an advantage, but don't do it for the sake of doing it. Run if you are low in energy and your enemy is very aggressive. Fly perpendicular to your enemies for maximal dodging effect. Look at your radar and make sure you are safe. Don't fight more than one person at a time if you can help it. Don't get teamed, always move to a better position (the SS equivalent of 'higher ground'). Always be aware of your energy and keep a reserve of energy to shoot when you are moving around using thrust. Don't change direction if you are being shot at or you will just stop and be a sitting target. Shoot when you have a clear shot. Don't shoot for the sake of shooting. Shoot when your enemy is about to change direction as they are most vulnerable. Use rocks to hide behind if it's suitable, but don't do it as a habit because it's easy to misjudge. Get greens to charge up if you can, but don't rely on them.

So many things to keep track of that I don't care if you know how I play because it seems that most people I teach never quite get it anyway, because it requires too much concentration.

-Epi
                        Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                        www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                        www.animeslice.com

Comment

I'm not revealing any secrets aswell.
                          I'll give you 1 tip; DO not get pissed, it makes you suck.
                          That's about it, I don't have any more to say.

Comment

Originally posted by Dameon Angell
                            i'll give you one secret .... I dodge the bullets and shoot enemies.
                            That's 2
                            6:megaman89> im 3 league veteran back off

Originally posted by Dreamwin
                            3 league vet

Comment

Wow, thank you Bob and Epinephrine!

Originally posted by Dimethicone
                              I'm not revealing any secrets aswell.
                              I'll give you 1 tip; DO not get pissed, it makes you suck.
                              That's about it, I don't have any more to say.
                              Word! That's my biggest problem.

oh, and I would also say don't look at the radar too often. Just look at it for 0.15 seconds to see where the enemies are and then shoot at the direction and try to aim.
                              I've always made a mistake by looking at the radar for too long and then I didn't notice that a bullet was just in front of me and I died.
                              YOU ARE THE 1,000,000,000TH VISITOR IN MY SIG!
                              Click here to receive your price!

Comment

Working...
                              X