?go javs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ?go javs

I wasn't sure whethet to put this in here or in Staff forum. I decided here as this forum is read more.

Could you please change the freq settings in ?go javs to similar ones to baseelim when it's unlocked. When people enter the arena they are put onto their own frequency. They can then, if they for some reason choose, switch onto a friend's freq.

I'm not asking for the freq limit to be changed, just that by default you're put onto your own freq (So many people don't switch to a priv freq through laziness)

Thanks

~Ewan
    USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
    ---A few minutes later---
    9:cool koen> you scorereseted
    9:Kim> UM
    9:Kim> i didn't
    9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
    9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
    9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
    9:pascone> lol?

?go javs isn't meant to be a 1v1 type thing. It's up to the people if they want to play on a private freq or not. Also, if ?go javs was hosted, and 50 people all entered the small spawn area on different freqs, imagine what would happen .
    Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
    Message has been sent to online moderators
    2:BLeeN> veh yes
    (Overstrand)>no
    2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
    2:BLeeN> ok then no
    :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
    (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

?go javs should never be hosted. I hate it when i is. There are plenty of other jav arenas <ER>s could host...

I like Ewan's idea.

Comment

I like the flexibility of being able to solo freq or team with squaddies / friends at will. It is after all, another public arena.
        ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
        Failure teaches success.
        . â–²
        ▲ ▲

Comment

Don't change ?go javs. Larger freqs make it more difficult which is something that is needed there. ?go javs is a good place to practice if you are an up and coming player. Changing it to mostly a 1 on 1 style would make it much easier and too b-elim like.

-Legionair
          4:Mootland <ER>> <- Mom of the year
          4:Mootland <ER>> Hear ma baby
          4:Mootland <ER>> Breast feeding time?
          4:dll> YES
          4:Mootland <ER>> Ok, take a suck
          4:dll> u produce the best milk ^_^
          4:Mootland <ER>> Hey, no teeth!
          4:Mootland <ER>> ffs
          4:dll> your nippies are red :P
          4:Mootland <ER>> yes :\

Comment

How is 1v4v4 easy when you're the 1 person?
            All he means is... multiple people on freqs is stupid, all you have is 5 different teams and those people who are on a team teaming those who aren't. It's just retarded, and it isn't conducive to building jav skill, which most people usually intend to do when they ?go javs.

So yes, you should be placed on your own freq when you ?go javs. It has *no* similarity with b-elim, I can't understand why anybody thinks it does. B-elim: 25 people vulching. ?go javs: 3-10 people playing JAVS.

Comment

1v3 or 1v1v3 freqs happen quite often. It's quite useless.

When I enter ?go javs, which I do very often, I like to switch to priv freq. Then I notice It's 5v5v1. Ice cool!
              last.fm - Keeping it short

Comment

You tell it, Mulkero!

Seriously... *not* having single-man frequencies is sort of defeating the whole point of ?go javs, it just promotes teaming of those who wish to practice and get better. If someone hosts an event in ?go javs, can't they modify the freq. settings or something? Or make everyone come into the arena on spec?

Comment

Originally posted by HandofDeath
                  It has *no* similarity with b-elim, I can't understand why anybody thinks it does. B-elim: 25 people vulching. ?go javs: 3-10 people playing JAVS.
                  I don't know about you, but when I play b-elim the last 3-10 people vulch; I would also say that most of the deaths after this point are from vulches. The only true way to play javs is where there are only two teams and each team has the same amount of people Since ?go javs is a public arena private freqs should still exist, meaning it can not be limited to two freqs and should never be.

It's just retarded, and it isn't conducive to building jav skill, which most people usually intend to do when they ?go javs.
                  How does it not help a persons skill? A person has the option of being on a team or solo. Both scenarios are aid a persons jav skill. Being on a team of course helps with a persons teaming. While going solo is more challenging and to me this is were a person really gets a boost in their jav skill. Nothing is harder then playing while out numbered. It makes you think twice before shooting. I know in twlj games I have been out numbered numerous times. Playing in ?go javs made this scenario easier to play against because I am somewhat use to it. I can survive while my team mates respawn.
                  I do not understand how the current ?go javs does not assist in someones skill level. I know it did in mine. I'm not saying that I am great but I would say ?go javs has helped me more then b-elim.

Comment

I'm not saying limit the frequency to 1. All I'm saying is make the default 1 per freq. People would still have the same option as they do now, team or solo. But they would have to actively choose to team instead of having to actively choose to play solo.

~Ewan
                    USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
                    ---A few minutes later---
                    9:cool koen> you scorereseted
                    9:Kim> UM
                    9:Kim> i didn't
                    9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
                    9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
                    9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
                    9:pascone> lol?

Comment

I see no point in doing this. ?go javs is a public arena. Just as in pub people are put on a team freq. If they so desire they can go to a private freq to make things more interesting. Both ways are the same to me, and I do not see any point in changing the way it is now. Just seems to create more work for staff with no real benifits.

-Legionair

Comment

I would maintain that 3v1ing people on javs teaches you nothing whatsoever..

Comment

I would maintain that 3v1ing people on javs teaches you nothing whatsoever..
                          Based on what grounds?

-Legionair

Comment

Based upon the fact that it's automatic death for the one person, and no danger for the 3 people whatsoever. And the fact that it's inescapable unless you're a javgod.

Comment

I'd like to see ?go javs set up the way Ewan described just as much as you, Hand, but the fact is it just won't happen. You're going to have to practice until you become that 'javgod' if you want to fully enjoy the arena.
                              jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X