?squadmsg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ?squadmsg

something like ?squadmsg squadname or just command for squadleader would be usefull because sometimes there is very short time to know what time matches are scheduled.
    www.BasingCrew.com

This has been suggested soo many times already(on forumhq and ssforum), and the only answer you get is "use a squadforum or a squadchat or ?message everyone".
    But I agree, a ?squadmessage would be really useful, but it should be for squadleaders only.

By the way, this is the wrong forum. :P
    ?chat=subspace

Comment

There is a service run by Rifleman of 17th Parallel that offers a Message_Bot that sends out messages to your squad if they are all signed up. My squad signed up for it... I don't think we use it that much though. You can talk to Rifle about details.
      5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
      5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
      5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Originally posted by wax
        Hmmm,..never knew about that.
        U play 17th? :-/
        ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
        Failure teaches success.
        . â–²
        ▲ ▲

Comment

Originally posted by pixelsoft
          "use a squadforum or a squadchat or ?message everyone"
          the problems with that are the following:
          • not every squad member will agree to check a squad forum
          • it's hard to get every member online at the same time to tell them on squad chat =/
          • i've done the ?message every member thing many times. It doesn't let you do more than like 15 ?message's before it tells you that you've sent your limit in ?messages
          I know saying it in this forum will accomplish nothing but ?squadmessage needs to be implemented someday.
          Last edited by Awesome; 05-08-2004, 04:59 PM. Reason: Spelling error

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome
            • not ever squad member will agree to check a squad forum
            • it's hard to get every member online at the same time to tell them on squad chat =/
            • i've done the ?message every member thing many times. It doesn't let you do more than like 15 ?message's before it tells you that you've sent your limit in ?messages
            I know saying it in this forum will accomplish nothing but ?squadmessage needs to be implemented someday.
            ya those are all reasons why i think it would be needed
            www.BasingCrew.com

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome
              • not ever squad member will agree to check a squad forum
              Yes, you're right and I agree.
              I think the SSZ-Server has the ?squadmessage function... I'm not sure though.
              ?chat=subspace

Comment

rifle will let tw use the bot, if it was allowed by tw staff
                also 17th is great

(oh iyou can use it even when you are in tw, from 17th, all you need to do is go to 17th and signup)
                Last edited by Ponce; 05-08-2004, 11:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JeBu
                  something like ?squadmsg squadname or just command for squadleader would be usefull because sometimes there is very short time to know what time matches are scheduled.
                  I havent read all the replys but why not this ... :#<ursquad>: <mssg>
                  Kyle G> Did you know theres bowling alleys in Noahs Ark?

Mike Modano_09>I dunno....I dont watch Star Trek.

Comment

Originally posted by Thors
                    I havent read all the replys but why not this ... :#<ursquad>: <mssg>
                    "it's hard to get every member online at the same time to tell them on squad chat =/"
                    That's why.
                    ?chat=subspace

Comment

Originally posted by pixelsoft
                      "it's hard to get every member online at the same time to tell them on squad chat =/"
                      That's why.
                      true. thor maybe is in some small super active squad
                      www.BasingCrew.com

Comment

People bitching about reading the whole thread should read fit's post.

Comment

Originally posted by JeBu
                          true. thor maybe is in some small super active squad

Jealous?
                          Kyle G> Did you know theres bowling alleys in Noahs Ark?

Mike Modano_09>I dunno....I dont watch Star Trek.

Comment

That Message_Bot thing is the tits.
                            jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Sorry for the late response, but I`m glad you all like the message bot

I will be making the final changes soon, some of which I`ll list here :

New Member features :
                              !pm playername - Send a private message to playername

New Owner features :
                              !delete # - Deletes message #
                              !share playername - Share group ownership with playername
                              !messagelimit # - Set how many messages per member which will be shown

General improvements :

-Bot will check if a member has any unread mesages, check if they are online and send a message about his/her unread messages
                              -!gnm ( getnewmessage ) will be fixed, aka no messages will be marked as "read" if the bot goes down.
                              -Announcements are now saved
                              -Message date&time format is more precise, and shorter
                              -Group waiting lists are saved even if the bot goes down.
                              -Spelling error in response with !waitinglist ( thanks to Jason for this one )
                              -Various bug fixes

Final notes :

Once I`ve made the changes listed above, registering, dissolving and transferring groups will work across zones ( no need to enter 17th )
                              The bot will be down during the summer vacation since I`m hosting it myself... I`ll be looking for another place to host it from.
                              The bot is expected to be fully completed around September/October

-Rifleman

Comment

Working...
                              X