Lag settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lag settings

Does anyone know how high a player's ploss has to be before they will be specced in a twdd match? Are these settings different from pub and elim?
    3:PEGASiS> double u tee ef?
    3:Spirit> ar oh ef el

MODERATOR WARNING: pegasis if I catch you hiding again I will ban you -Da Farmer!
    MODERATOR WARNING: pegasis, If you do not stop killing your own team <yellow ships on radar> You will be banned from this zone!! Thank you. -YoMama!!!

Hal Wilker> hal likes pegasis to cumshot in his eye.

I'm not sure about TWD or TWL but I think it's 12 % in public arenas.
    Last edited by Kolar; 06-26-2004, 05:04 AM.

Comment

I'm thinking the limit is somewhere around 4.0-4.5 in TWD.
      sdg

Comment

jesus.
        NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Well usually everyone has a 0.1% on S2C and every now and then it might jump a little more, but if someone has a natural 1.0% ploss on a 56K like I do, Im usually specced for high S2C because its natural. Broadband, however, I do not know about. Ive had people tell me they play with a 6.0% and jump all over the screen, but continue to stay in the game.

Its either one extreme or the other, because we all cant afford good connections and we get specced for some Slow packet loss we cant even see.

My suggestion is, just dont play them. Its PUMA all over again.

Comment

Originally posted by Stabwound
            I'm thinking the limit is somewhere around 4.0-4.5 in TWD.
            Hmm...that's a lot...lower it
            I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal...

Comment

Originally posted by Torn Wing
              My suggestion is, just dont play them. Its PUMA all over again.
              You're not making any sense. You say "don't play them" but the pronoun "them" has no antecedant to which it is referring, consequently leaving us, the readers, clueless as to what you are talking about.
              3:PEGASiS> double u tee ef?
              3:Spirit> ar oh ef el

MODERATOR WARNING: pegasis if I catch you hiding again I will ban you -Da Farmer!
              MODERATOR WARNING: pegasis, If you do not stop killing your own team <yellow ships on radar> You will be banned from this zone!! Thank you. -YoMama!!!

Hal Wilker> hal likes pegasis to cumshot in his eye.

Comment

If I remember right, you can have 6.5% ploss until you get specced in TWD. In public it's 12%. I'm not sure about those anymore but I had lots of ploss for over 3 months in a row so i got used to those values.
                megaman89> tsunami taught me that 1 shouldnt have used it
                L K> taught u what?
                megaman89> how to suck

9:WiL> im gonna with my league \o/
                9:Graner <ZH>> you mean win?
                9:WiL> being on plade i forgot how to spell it

Comment

Originally posted by Torn Wing
                  Well usually everyone has a 0.1% on S2C and every now and then it might jump a little more, but if someone has a natural 1.0% ploss on a 56K like I do, Im usually specced for high S2C because its natural. Broadband, however, I do not know about. Ive had people tell me they play with a 6.0% and jump all over the screen, but continue to stay in the game.
                  I have cable and my C2S is around the 2-4% and I don't get specced in twdd or in pub just somethimes, not much
                  help: (how do i shot) (Public 0): how do i travel diagonally? i only have up, down, left and right keys.

4:PinkSTAR <ER>> ask DP he knows me inside and out

Comment

Originally posted by jappeuuuh
                    I have cable and my C2S is around the 2-4% and I don't get specced in twdd or in pub just somethimes, not much
                    lol? go buy DSL or XDSL better then your 2-4%
                    Originally posted by Kolar
                    My reaction:

;1;Holy Shit
                    ;1;Al Qaeda took care of method for us

Comment

Originally posted by Ragnarok.
                      yeah DSL and XDSL owns, but cable does to, the only prob is that i'm working with a router, so... it gives me much lag , and packetloss
                      help: (how do i shot) (Public 0): how do i travel diagonally? i only have up, down, left and right keys.

Comment

Originally posted by jappeuuuh
                        yeah DSL and XDSL owns, but cable does to, the only prob is that i'm working with a router, so... it gives me much lag , and packetloss
                        i work with a router to & i have almost no extra lag or pl.

avg pl 0.1 & 0.2% but lately my s2c is abit up to 0.4-0.6% that is all.
                        My reaction:

;1;Holy Shit

Comment

i work with a router to & i have almost no extra lag or pl.

avg pl 0.1 & 0.2% but lately my s2c is abit up to 0.4-0.6% that is all.
                          but I live in belgium and I have this really shitty router where I have to go through to get to the server in ?Canada?, so maybe that explains it

Comment

Uhm lol?
                            DSL and xDSL both refer to the same thing, which is the Digital Subscriber Line technology "family". Neither DSL or xDSL are actual connection types.
                            ADSL, SDSL, HDSL etc are. The most commonly used type is ADSL.
                            There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Originally posted by Fallen Angel
                              Uhm lol?
                              DSL and xDSL both refer to the same thing, which is the Digital Subscriber Line technology "family". Neither DSL or xDSL are actual connection types.
                              ADSL, SDSL, HDSL etc are. The most commonly used type is ADSL.
                              don't they have DSL in the USA?
                              My reaction:

;1;Holy Shit

Comment

Working...
                              X