Elim is to Crowded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elim is to Crowded

Cant there be an elim for users of +200 hours of usage because the elims are to crowded and much people get frustrated if they got strayd spawned etc.
    Whit les crowd there wouldnt be so much.
    I only can see advantages of an +200 hours elim.
    So you can still choose 200+ or 36+
    Last edited by Faladir; 07-13-2004, 12:22 PM.
    ------->

Less crowding doesn't decrease spawning as much as you think it does.
    Originally posted by Ward
    OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

Make it so it opens up even more with 40+ players?! :up:

1:delta> personally, i would not go to war for oil
      1:FarScape> in age of empires you would
      1:Freeze> LOL FAR
      ---
      5:waven> freeze
      5:waven> no one talks to ease directly
      5:waven> you state your business with sanji
      5:waven> he will relay it to phizey
      5:waven> phizey will relay it to me
      5:waven> and i will talk to ease
      5:Freeze> LOL
      5:waven> that's how things work around here
      --
      1:renzi> freeze theres difference between being wasted and being a waste

Comment

Originally posted by Faladir
        Cant there be an elim for users of +200 hours of usage because the elims are to crowded and much people get frustrated if they got strayd spawned etc.
        Whit les crowd there wouldnt be so much.
        I only can see advantages of an +200 hours elim.
        So you can still choose 200+ or 36+
        i agree, but i think that there should be seperate elims for people of 750+ hrs and one for people with 50+ hrs... but yeah, if you want to avoid strays and spawns... pay attention... sometimes they're unavoidable but keep practicing and you can learn to avoid many of them... one thing you can do is stop trying to spawn people... it leaves you with no energy even if you hit someone and you become an easy target

Comment

Alot of people I see have there finger on INSERT (Warp) right when they get put into spawn incase someone shoots at them. :P

---
          --

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome
            i agree, but i think that there should be seperate elims for people of 750+ hrs and one for people with 50+ hrs... but yeah, if you want to avoid strays and spawns... pay attention... sometimes they're unavoidable but keep practicing and you can learn to avoid many of them... one thing you can do is stop trying to spawn people... it leaves you with no energy even if you hit someone and you become an easy target
            I've never had 750+ hours in my life, but I can beat most people who do.

EDIT: As for your advice, I agree completely.

Comment

Originally posted by IceStorm
              I think that sounds a good idea, but it may increase hiders.
              USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
              ---A few minutes later---
              9:cool koen> you scorereseted
              9:Kim> UM
              9:Kim> i didn't
              9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
              9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
              9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
              9:pascone> lol?

Comment

Originally posted by IceStorm
                How does that help in decreasing spawns, you still respawn at the same place no matter what size the arena is. And when 40 players are playing I really don't think the outter area's are crowded, so fly around there and wait for the spawn to go over.

A better idea would be to make an elim arena where they spec you with 150+ ping and 1%+ packetloss. Because I am a LOT more annoyed by eats than by spawns.
                Last edited by Nycle; 07-13-2004, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Don't they already have a feature where it opens up?
                  The pleasure's all mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucon
                    Don't they already have a feature where it opens up?
                    Yes, as I said that they have one for 20.. But it would even be better if it could open up more if there were hmm 40 players in.

And Nycle, It would help because most spawns are strays. The map is a little small considering how many people play. Many people just shoot into the center if it was bigger there would be a wider spawn spread.. If you understand what im saying.. And no speccing ppl with 1% ploss would not be good at all. Think about all the people that have dial up.. they would be screwd

---
                    --

Comment

Wow. Yeah, it does need to be a bit bigger when there are more people in it, then. There could easily be a feature where it could open up more when there were 40, 60, or even a million players. Wait, never mind about the million.
                      The pleasure's all mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucon
                        Wow. Yeah, it does need to be a bit bigger when there are more people in it, then. There could easily be a feature where it could open up more when there were 40, 60, or even a million players. Wait, never mind about the million.
                        Originally posted by Nycle
                        How does that help in decreasing spawns, you still respawn at the same place no matter what size the arena is. And when 40 players are playing I really don't think the outter area's are crowded, so fly around there and wait for the spawn to go over.
                        The end.

Comment

Originally posted by Vykromond
                          I've never had 750+ hours in my life, but I can beat most people who do.
                          Yeah i'm sure you can but the point isn't to make it so elites only can play... because having lots of usage does not indicate skill (no matter what telcat says about her trophy of 2000 hours usage which she thinks makes her elite)... all it does is weed out the majority of your common pubbers or other annoying "newbies" ....again, the majority, not all.

Comment

?go elim2

personally I think they should remove the total usage part out of ?usage. no more whining and idling for usage.
                            Last edited by Jeansi; 07-13-2004, 04:20 PM. Reason: shpell newbs.
                            5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
                            5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
                            5: Da1andonly> =((
                            5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
                            5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
                            5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

Originally posted by Jeansi
                              ?go elim2

personally I think they should remove the total usage part out of ?usage. no more whining and idling for usage.
                              yea i dont realy see the point in the 26hr limit

1.if it was 0hr or 2000hr u still going to get spawning etc
                              2.elim is one of the best and most played in tw, if u are new to tw and get all this 36hr shit u will go play something else
                              3.36hr is not hard to get so if its to stop more people haveing many names on it or something does not work to well

but i still think they should have elim2 but put a Robo Ref in it make it have ranking in it
                              Cat: You'd never get a cat to be a servant. You ever see a cat return a stick? 'Hey man. You threw the stick, you go and get it yourself, I'm busy. If you wanted the stick so bad, why'd you throw it away in the first place?'

Comment

Working...
                              X