Bring back TWEL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bring back TWEL

Today I?ve been stomped in pub duel by Biet and it gave me an idea. I break his balls many times and this time I did it so much (he?s very sensible) he ignored my ship in pub, so when I vs?d him in duel he was super saiyan. Not saying I didn?t try, I did try. I?ve been sometimes pissed off and it helped me to do my best if I stay silent. By the way Biet, I know I am of a poor level, but if you get this motivation when DT or whatever league, you can reach a high level.

There is another way to be really motivated in something else than DT/TWL finals or semifinals for good players, it?s playing for money. And I found a simple but great idea for TWEL, a small entry fee, $10 per league. Nobody will be motivated to not lose this amount of money, but if only 30 players enter there?s $300 to win, just by playing the game you play regulary. And with this small entry fee, even shit players like myself could participate, as every players will be highly welcomed to add money, nobody care about losing $10 and bad players are numerous. If this have a success, a small % could be given to the game to pay the usual things, so it could be a good action too. Also the winner is the real Number One in this particular ship, so if you think you are good you get to participate. No one get carried in this league, shit players joining big teams will be stomped. Non participants are officialy faggots.

There?s also something else important that Turban and few others didn?t understood. The spectators and hype is primary. I?m saying this because nothing else than a straight knockout tournament can bring max hype in TWEL (round robin then knockout tournament for team leagues). Adapt the bracket to number of participants, preliminary if necessary, and the best of all : random draw. This is excellent to hype and dramas, a RaCka-LaSenza in wb first round could be awesome indeed. Play all the games at the same time, on sunday at the usual moment, between TWL and TWDT and vice versa, or alternate with 2v2 if possible but we better concentrate on TWEL before. Or whatever schedule but playing on a fixed times on sunday is important.

Mythril seems to be the Godfather of TWEL, I would like to be like Ogron with Ease but with you. If Mythril isn?t interested I could do it with someone else.

Previous thoughts on this topic I have already posted...

<<<<<<<I'm for a TWEL season with timed structure. Set times on Saturdays for 3 hours and use flex hosting. Formatted like a TSL type thing where games and rankings happen per results as they develope. First week is random games and as ladder / rankings develope, matches would be determined by results. Work up to a playoff bracket leading to a final. Also implement a 15 to 20 minute timer on games so each player can be assured multiple matches and games can move along in succession.

>>>>>>>>>Is there any way to fix a bot to auto challenge duels for a new TWEL/ ?go duel league? I was thinking there is a lot a bot could do to make TWEL a successful league again. I ask this because TWEL is a premier league yet has always been left up to players individually to decide when to issue their own /!challenges . This often times creates trepidation and the environment becomes extremely boring with a bunch of afkers or people just not wanting to accept a challenge for whatever reason they may have. This is one reason TWEL has not been that successful since the first 2 seasons it was held. For the vast amount of time it is a dead arena with no purpose or reason.

I'd love to see a new twel set in place for this spring or summer. My idea would have specific times where twel season was taking place in ?go duel. Maybe certain hours in the weekdays.. or better yet devote a time block on Saturdays for it. Something where no host is needed would be ideal. Kind of similar to how ?go tourney works but for duels while needing no host. Random challenges could work or better yet have the stats factor in to determine best choices for duels with those in arena. If odd number of players were in the arena the player waiting would be assigned the next duel available. Obviously players who just finished their duel should get a breather time..perhaps turn them off from playing until they decide to jump back in or give them 2 minutes or something as a breather.

I think if a push is made integrating automated /!challenges while also announcing specific times for qualifying games it could really help this league make a resurgence. It could be treated like TSL was. Have set times that would count towards the ladder used for the league. This would create intensity and focus back into TWEL and bring a reason again to participate in this league.

1vs1 can easily be argued to be the ultimate league showing individual player skill within the zone so should not be left out!

Another idea I have that would help TWEL is to put a timer on duels. 15 or 20 minutes seems like a fair time to end a duel no matter what the score is. Ties could be accepted within the ladder.
    TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
    TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
    TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
    TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
    TSLD CHAMPION 2018
    TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

I think requiring people to pay to join is a bad idea, but I do want TWEL back. If you MUST make it a money prize pool, then have it taken out of TW's still unused 'cash pool' that was donated over the last decade or so. It's clear that it will never be used elsewhere at this point, so why not in TWEL?

Besides that, making it 'pay to play' like that is a great way to ensure at least half the potential playerbase never plays. The more players that play, the better, so you can't cut it off with a money thing like that. This is a free game after all.
      RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
      RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

that's why you add actual money sport systems into the mix.Singles: people put x amount of money in this, and a certain amount of top players get money based on their ranking. it can be optional for those who want to, and you would need just like 20 players to buy in on it for $10, and the top 5 players in the singles Event gets a payout (you can decide how much the top 5 get). Everyone can still play twel for free.
        Last edited by Beast; 08-02-2019, 05:37 AM.
        2018 TWDT Champion 2019 TWLD Final 4 2019 TWDTJ Semi finalist 2019 2x TWDTD Finalist 2020 TW Forum Mafia Game champion

Comment

Just bring back TWEL, If you all want to make a money pot for the winner fine but everyone should be allowed to play if it returns. Could have a donation fund though made for those into putting money prize into it. You all could decide if only people who pool the money get payouts or just pay the top 5 or some combo in between.
          TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
          TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
          TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
          TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
          TSLD CHAMPION 2018
          TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Originally posted by Beast View Post
            that's why you add actual money sport systems into the mix.Singles: people put x amount of money in this, and a certain amount of top players get money based on their ranking. it can be optional for those who want to, and you would need just like 20 players to buy in on it for $10, and the top 5 players in the singles Event gets a payout (you can decide how much the top 5 get). Everyone can still play twel for free.
            This.

2018 TWDT Champion 2019 TWLD Final 4 2019 TWDTJ Semi finalist 2019 2x TWDTD Finalist 2020 TW Forum Mafia Game champion

Comment

Let's move this to the main forum so more people see it and can get involved. Personally I'd absolutely love to see a TWEL comeback
              Best> Para is the only guy i know who can put a quarter up his nostrils lol

Comment

I got $10 cash on it..... do this....

Comment

I'll donate some prize money for sure
                  Best> Para is the only guy i know who can put a quarter up his nostrils lol

Comment

Originally posted by Wirah View Post
                    I'll donate some prize money for sure
                    The biggest issue is who to trust with the money account?

Comment

If someone have to be trust on this then Wirah is perfect but I stick to my intial idea, $10 to enter a league. I don't see why it could prevent people from entering, many people spent $100 to have a 3D model ship so $30 (edit: to play the 3 leagues) to bet on yourself on a solo league is nothing. Nobody is too poor to spend $10 on a league we aren't somali. And if we can bring 100 players in javelin for exemple, there is $1000 to win and now it is really interesting. More people play, more money to earn. Also Wirah you don't need to give extra money... with entry fee everybody participate. We brag about players run game we can do it that way.

Comment

And I stick to my initial idea of straight knockout tournament. I wouldn't be interested to help on something else but if someone bring TWEL on whatever other maner it's still great.

Comment

Originally posted by ronaldinho View Post
                          If someone have to be trust on this then Wirah is perfect but I stick to my intial idea, $10 to enter a league. I don't see why it could prevent people from entering, many people spent $100 to have a 3D model ship so $30 (edit: to play the 3 leagues) to bet on yourself on a solo league is nothing. Nobody is too poor to spend $10 on a league we aren't somali. And if we can bring 100 players in javelin for exemple, there is $1000 to win and now it is really interesting. More people play, more money to earn. Also Wirah you don't need to give extra money... with entry fee everybody participate. We brag about players run game we can do it that way.
                          I'm not too poor, but this is a free game, and many people still play it because of that. Giving a cash prize is nice, but nobody that would win needs that money either. Like you said, we aren't Somali. Chump change prizes wont make the league any better, and you wont get 100 javs if you require a $10 entry fee. You'd likely kill the league from the start, because very few people in the overall playerbase that's left (including pubbers, which we all want to play other arenas besides pub) will join in that case. People that know they cant win need to sign up too, or what's the point of a league?

If you want to make a new type of tournament with all of your ideas, feel free. I dont think you'll get the turnout you expect, but give it a try. This is an old game, so everything you've mentioned has been mentioned and tried long before, and there's a reason it didnt stick.

RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                          RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

I had proposed a buy-in tournament for TWEL in the past, but it was shut down for legal reasons when the zone was more active.

I would not mind participating in a TWEL-J season while throwing in some chump change for a prize pool, but I daresay it would be better to keep the season free for all to encourage people to participate while only those who paid the buy-in fee would be eligible to receive the prize money.

Comment

Do what was done before. Free to play, minimum duel requirements and people can donate cash for winners (which will happen once it starts). Everyone will be eligible to win. It works.
                              1:waven> u challenge
                              1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
                              Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

Working...
                              X