Please lower the price of festival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please lower the price of festival

I like festival and how it encourages pub play, but I think it is too expensive and not worth it for the buyer. Right now it costs $150k, and gives 300% to 700%(?) kill and flag bonuses. I think we all know kill rewards are negligible (it is like $15/kill or something), so let's ignore that one. A 15-minute flag game with a decent population under a 400% festival will earn $30k to $50k for the winning team, from my experience. Festival lasts an hour, so there are 4 15-minute games that can be played in this hour. For the festival buyer to just break even, his/her team needs to win 3 of those 4 games, assuming the maximum $50k jackpot for each game.

So in other words, the only way for the buyer to actually gain money in a 400% festival is to win every single flag game. This is not realistic, and most of the time the festival buyer is going to lose money. Under a 300% festival? The buyer will NEVER come out ahead. I'm not sure what the chances are for >500% festivals, but I have rarely ever gotten this.

I would like to request that the price of festival be an amount that lets the buyer break even for a 300% festival. From my guesstimate I think a good price would be $100k. Not asking to make a profit here, but I shouldn't be losing money for buying something that is a good thing for the pub arena and encourages others to play for more rewards. Thanks!

I dont think the money from kills is completely negligible. Kills are worth more depending on the ship. Iirc a terrier killing a terrier in the flag room while holding the flag is something like $40 pubbux before a festival multiplier.

Secondly, the point isnt for people to make their money back. While festival is good for pub games, you would detract from how "special" it is by making it more common. If you are really worried about making money back though, just find a few friends to cooperate. 4 players only need to win one game to make festival worth it, right?

Finally, make it possible to purchase festival upgrades. 100k for 300% sucks, it would be cool if you could throw an extra 50-100k to boost that number up another 100-200% (still capping at 700%?)

Comment

Kinda agree but...
      1. there are festivals very regularly, so it can't be that bad a deal, or everyone's dumb
      2. if festivals are really profitable, they'll be bought on expiration, so the festival rewards may as well be permanent and festival removed

Comment

Festivals are indeed tough to get any profit from as the buyer, but the rest of the players benefit immensely. Rab's observations are correct as there shouldn't be any reason not to buy a festival immediately after it expires, whatever the multiplier may be. The festival used to be a lot more expensive with less of an reward, but now it's just waiting until someone sacrifices himself for the benefit of others. Flag round bonuses have, with the help of the festival multiplier, gone out of hand and now are the main pubbux source for most players. And with so much money coming into the system there should be some sinkhole to get most of it back out, but unfortunately there aren't enough compelling items to get any sort of balance.

So instead of just lowering the cost of buying a festival, we would do much better with one that isn't as broken and pointless as the one we have now. One that actually benefits the buyer if used at the right time instead of benefitting everyone but..

Comment

i sometimes buy 3-4 festivals a day.. and i rarely break even on them but i do it to get the guys excited about basing... lots of guys only come out of spec when theres a festival on....

maybe if feasible u could like !buy 1/4 of the festival or 1/2 the festival.. with a mssg to all saying "player" has bought 1/2 of the festival... when other half is purchased the festival will begin.. dunno if this would be encouraging....

curious biet.. is there a "%" rating on what festival happens? or is it completely random? i went over a week in a row i never had one over 4x... always 3 or 4x....but i know we had one the other day at 8x... and i know 9x can happen.. only seen it once in 6 months though...

if they all cost the same should be equal chance to get it? what about 2 or 3 tier buying...3-5x random at 100k... 6-7x random at 150k... 8-9x random at 200k again like suggested by a couple times.. if guys split the cost they could all benefit better....
          Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Comment

I suppose if I treat it as sort of a gamble it's more exciting. As of now I only seem to get 300/400% so I have never seen any significant return on it myself. I second Boss's question and would like to know the chances for festivals 500% and above!

Comment

Sounds like an event that should run every x amount games or at a certain time a couple times a day instead of being bought

Comment

if a round starts and freq 1 and freq 0 both have 10 players or more and a festival is not currently active and a festival wasn't activated in the last x minutes then festival?

Comment

The festival multiplier goes from 3 (30%) to 10 (1%)

Code:
                  Random r = new Random();
                          int i = r.nextInt(100);

if (i == 99) {
                              festivalMultiplier = 10;
                          } else if (i >= 98) {
                              festivalMultiplier = 9;
                          } else if (i >= 96) {
                              festivalMultiplier = 8;
                          } else if (i >= 93) {
                              festivalMultiplier = 7;
                          } else if (i >= 90) {
                              festivalMultiplier = 6;
                          } else if (i >= 60) {
                              festivalMultiplier = 5;
                          } else if (i >= 30) {
                              festivalMultiplier = 4;
                          } else {
                              festivalMultiplier = 3;
                          }

Comment

As with every bit of tw bot code I see, there are too many possibilities. 30, 60, 90 would be plenty.

Or even just remove the random thing entirely, so when you buy festival you know exactly what you're buying.
                    tbh I didn't even know it was random before this thread.

Comment

It was an attempt to lower the payout slightly, which was a fixed x5, and should now average around x4,5.

Comment

i was going to suggest like we have pure pub and sorta pure pub.. maybe 2 options with decent price differences.. but maybe guys would always buy the more expensive one? the splitting it up idea would be interesting....

or a jackpot style.. maybe a counter.. either one where guys could contribute any amount up to "the cost" and then when reached it starts next round... or immediately...
                        or a kill meter even.. each kill builds the "kill jackpot" and when it reaches a certain number.. a juicy festival pops...
                        Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Comment

Any chance we can raise the chances for > 500% festival? For the first time I got a 700% festival today and it was a lot of fun. Came out ~40k ahead by the end of the hour for winning 4 out of 7 games or so which is fine

In the future I'd also be down for festival to become a random event, or something that pops after X amount of kills as suggested by other ppl

Comment

Working...
                          X