X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [NEW] Teamkilling Punishments Increased

Hello,

Teamkilling has always been an issue, but historically has been a more harmless nuisance than something that has an actual effect on the game. Well, with population decline and the advent of super-cancer-dick-trolls, teamkilling is one of many ways that we are seeing people ruin the game for others time and time again. Especially when known staff members are not online or are clearly AFK - shocker. Anyway, we have seen first hand and had too many reports of the same players taking an 8v8 or 12v12 pub game and reducing it to nothing within a matter of 10-15 minutes.

With that said, we have opted to increase our punishments for TKing. I have always tried to be very transparent here so that there are no surprises, and in the interest of that, I will literally post verbatim from our manual yet again:

-------

The penalty for team-killing is:1st offense Issue a warning to the player
    2nd offense BanC (!superspec) for 3 hours
    3rd offense BanC (!superspec) for 6 hours
    4th offense BanC (!!uperspec) for 9 hours
    5th offense BanC (!superspec) for 18 hours
    6th+ offense BanC (!superspec) for 36 hours
    Further amounts at Ban Op's discretion.

-------

OK - so now we all know what the mainstream punishments will be. For those who don't know, a "superspec" locks you out of any bombing ships (shark, javelin, levi) but allows you to play the other ships.

Full disclosure: I have in the past and plan to in the future continue to issue extremely long superspecs and even issue zone bans for people who can't seem to stop giggling about TKing while ruining games for everyone else. I have had several players serve out superspecs that last into the tens of thousands of minutes (and that is active gameplay time, not AFK in spec). So, if you all notice any serial assholes out there who may need to take a month or so off of bombing ships and perhaps even a few days on the beach all together, please let me or Doughnut know directly. We will not take action based on your word alone, but said asshole will be on our radar going forward.

Any questions, post here or find me in-game under alias "tucker".
    7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
    Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
    TWLJ Champion Season 11
    TWLB All-Star Season 10
    Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

How are you going to determine what counts and what doesn't?
    For example, I get hassled by the bot on a regular basis because it thinks I'm TKing - but the real scenario is I just made a multikill beneficial to my team, e.g. including the enemy terr, which happened to also include a team mate, e.g. a shark who needed killing to get fresh reps anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Rab View Post
      How are you going to determine what counts and what doesn't?
      For example, I get hassled by the bot on a regular basis because it thinks I'm TKing - but the real scenario is I just made a multikill beneficial to my team, e.g. including the enemy terr, which happened to also include a team mate, e.g. a shark who needed killing to get fresh reps anyway.
      We only punish for intentional teamkilling we see with our eyes - never with only what a bot is telling us. It is supplemental and helpful information, but never serves as a standalone basis for a punishment.
      7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
      Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
      TWLJ Champion Season 11
      TWLB All-Star Season 10
      Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

u cant ?report anymore
        Leland

Comment

These punishments are not enough .... some need to be banned for life.... (no... not me :P ). I reported people over and over .... nothing happend....

Comment

Can the public have a list of habitual offenders and bad actors so we can publicly shame them and also be aware of their bad behavior?
            Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
            Message has been sent to online moderators
            2:BLeeN> veh yes
            (Overstrand)>no
            2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
            2:BLeeN> ok then no
            :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
            (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

If there is the data to know the average tk per minute per ship, bot could identify outliers. if someone is consistently an outlier, their tk have more weight and receive punishment earlier. I dunno what data and bot resources are available.
              I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by A-ss View Post
                These punishments are not enough .... some need to be banned for life.... (no... not me :P ). I reported people over and over .... nothing happend....

develop some credibility and maybe you might get some response. Doing a ?report on 10 people a day because your whining dickhole is assblasted any time you get tk for any reason and maybe they won’t eyeroll everytime your name comes up in the que.

also

if the staff was really opposed to teamkilling they wouldn’t make it possible. They only discourage the egregious occurrences but spacing it out is fine.

Comment

auto TK penalty level would be fine but algorithm is stupid. In its current state it is just nonsensical. Should be based on % TKs per Ks and sharks and cloakers should be excluded from stat because in a competitive game they are effectively suicide ships neway. Intentional TKs should be zero tolerance, and people using report when not intentional should be subject to the same zero tolerance.

90% of the people who bitch are complaining because they are too set in their ways to get creative enough to be competitive against challenges.

"super good 1 man team WB ace guy" sitting in base hole picking off onesie twosies. Then the whole nme team attacks. WB now probably going to be blasted by enemy lev or jav. Of course he wants that last shot or to delay the nme team (effectively suiciding). Of course he complains to mama mods because his teams jav, lev, or shark that blasted the whole nme team was the "only reason he died".

Comment

Shipchanged for shooting bombs that get repped into my team by attach mode sharks that haven't spawned until after I fired. Only intentional TKs should be punished. That is not at all how the current system works. Almost nobody TKs on purpose, and if they wanted to, they could wreak plenty of havoc before any action is taken against them. Friendly fire is a part of the game and is so ingrained that you fucking worthless morons couldn't remove it if you tried. Get over it already, learn to dodge, don't suicide the cram. I'm still waiting for any shark to get ship changed for teamkilling over and over again mining flag on defense like a bright shiny-assed newb. I never see any of you bitchass faggots in pub you must actually hate the game so why don't you fuck off then?

Comment

Originally posted by Voth View Post

We only punish for intentional teamkilling we see with our eyes - never with only what a bot is telling us. It is supplemental and helpful information, but never serves as a standalone basis for a punishment.
                      absolute fucking bullshit fuck you you goddamn lying sack of shit

Comment

Originally posted by Gila Monster View Post

absolute fucking bullshit fuck you you goddamn lying sack of shit
                        Agree. This is just a straight up lie.

People are going around intentionally getting TK's and getting people banned and a mod is the one who pulls the trigger?? Any mod want to answer?

Comment

Gila Monster Friendly fire is literally a setting. So it could be turned off with very little effort. Just an FYI for the next time you decide to hurl unfounded insults around for no reason.

The teamkilling response is not purely meant as a punitive action, it's also meant to maintain a competitive game and hopefully not dissuade people from playing. If you TK someone 5 times in 5 minutes, accidental or otherwise, they could get frustrated and either quit or start teamkilling themselves. By locking teamkillers out of bombing ships, it gives them the opportunity to continue playing but it also gives teams a respite on the TKs.

Is the system 100% accurate all the time? No. But I've never once seen a call come in that was like "Lizzo got locked out of lev and now my team can't win the flag game."
                          Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
                          Message has been sent to online moderators
                          2:BLeeN> veh yes
                          (Overstrand)>no
                          2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
                          2:BLeeN> ok then no
                          :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
                          (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

So what? I am not good and I know it. But aren't you that guy that lost to the lev team and then rage quit?

Also, that is why there should be a restrictive ::!ffs versus ::!np. Majority of team should be needed if some one gets kicked off. And it should kick people to private instead of ship lock. Honestly should go for any ship, not just bombing ships.

Comment

Working...
                            X