Next competitive game mode in TW! (?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next competitive game mode in TW! (?)

Hey, this idea I got for the first time around 2004-06 when I played a lot of subspace, I have taken to today's enthusiasm for base and at the same time completely redone it.
    I have a new map under development that I would like to share with you, you can see it below.

The concept is simple but still difficult and competitive. 2 teams of 6-10 players in each team 1 terr, 4 sharks and 5 levis (may mix it up as you want) fight to hold the flag in the middle for 10 minutes while the opposing team systematically bombs them from a safe distance and places mines and repels the opponent inside the relatively small base.

The levis are trapped on either side of the map and have systematically placed slips in the walls to be able to (if they aim correctly) bomb the flag room or the opponent's levis to secure the win for your freq. when the oposing team has held the flag for 8 minutes, the levis will warp outside and be able to move freely to help their freq.

have a hard time seeing any some other ships could play this without being to OP but would like to hear your comments on that.

What do you think about this? Am I on the right track here? could you play something like this? if so i will continue working on it!

Its completely different from anything I've encountered in TW until today!

will gladly receives your comments, good or bad. Thanks / Snoop (and yes the above is google translate, im lasy)
    10* Spectator
    Fake medal holder TWDTB Season 20, 25, 26 and TWDTD Season 21 (only member of POWER with 0 sec played S20, 0 sec played in DTD S21)

Season 24:
    https://youtu.be/q3HqKe_A_bs

Best in Star Slot - Warbird & Base(GameScore)
    Best 6* - Snoopie

we'd have to play it to see

Comment

Originally posted by Rab View Post
      we'd have to play it to see
      Yeah i get that. But i just wanted to hear ppls thoughts about this. It is playable, but i need help from a host or bot to be able to play it correctly..
      10* Spectator
      Fake medal holder TWDTB Season 20, 25, 26 and TWDTD Season 21 (only member of POWER with 0 sec played S20, 0 sec played in DTD S21)

Season 24:

Best 6* - Snoopie

Comment

This is a cool idea and I think it has a lot of potential. I think the team composition isn't ideal though. With only 1 terrier and 4 sharks there will be a lot of repping going on with no other action. Bursts and levi bombs will all be repped until sharks run out of reps, at which point everyone will die immediately from the first bomb that gets in. Team comp could be improved by allowing some shooter ships (either WBs or Spiders), that way sharks could die faster and replenish reps at a steady rate.

I'm making assumptions here and would obviously would need to play this to see what actually happens. I think it's a great start and would be interested in trying it

Comment

Originally posted by Lupin View Post
          This is a cool idea and I think it has a lot of potential. I think the team composition isn't ideal though. With only 1 terrier and 4 sharks there will be a lot of repping going on with no other action. Bursts and levi bombs will all be repped until sharks run out of reps, at which point everyone will die immediately from the first bomb that gets in. Team comp could be improved by allowing some shooter ships (either WBs or Spiders), that way sharks could die faster and replenish reps at a steady rate.

I'm making assumptions here and would obviously would need to play this to see what actually happens. I think it's a great start and would be interested in trying it
          i am working on adding an outher wall and some interior to make it playable by spiders, and to make sure you need to aim and time the Levis to make an impact in that ship, so you need some sort of skill in esc+4 and cant just bomb away. this is what iw come up with so far but need help to test it. the doors in the corners are made to open up at the same time but the other doors will be opening att different times.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	70fdbVM.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	179.5 KB
ID:	1334786
          10* Spectator

Season 24:

Best 6* - Snoopie

Comment

Been tweaking the base some what, inputs?
            the doors will colour change between green yellow and red rn but will prolly only be 1 colour if its distracting..
            10* Spectator

Season 24:

Best 6* - Snoopie

Comment

As a WB I would say they are nice but too small they provide cover but not enough room to maneuver to dodge or get away from javs mines or levs in time. Open it up more. Then I would ask where would spawn points be. Again the map looks small I'm guessing you want the battle to all be in that small area. So where everyone enters is very important. A single lev could control a entire side of that map ie. Where they enter. So spawn points would be critical. Again you wouldn't want them spawning inside the base because its small unless you open it up more then its spawn fest. Again I like the ideas just bigger. Take into account where people are maybe some rocks outside the base for cover going into the base. Make sure your spawn points are on all sides. Take into account who ever has that flag will just be bombed to death by javs because the base room is so small so are you setting the game up to be fought outside of the base room or do you want them to fight to get in the base room? There are no sweet spots to shoot into the base room so yea again levi bombs or jav bombs are the only way in or mass spider attack. Think of the ships that will have to be used. Don't just leave out a class. Even though I hate the shark it has its uses... Here it wouldn't be as useful as the standard base map as say a jav bouncing a ball into those top or bottom lanes to get into the base.
              Then to retake the base if you lost it there are only 2 pathways as for the current base there are at least 3. Currently you can go up the middle left or right. This gives you 2 options. So in thinking when there are less people on it can get frustrating if someone good is holding base. Just thoughts take em or leave em.

Comment

Originally posted by rothe View Post
                As a WB I would say they are nice but too small they provide cover but not enough room to maneuver to dodge or get away from javs mines or levs in time. Open it up more. Then I would ask where would spawn points be. Again the map looks small I'm guessing you want the battle to all be in that small area. So where everyone enters is very important. A single lev could control a entire side of that map ie. Where they enter. So spawn points would be critical. Again you wouldn't want them spawning inside the base because its small unless you open it up more then its spawn fest. Again I like the ideas just bigger. Take into account where people are maybe some rocks outside the base for cover going into the base. Make sure your spawn points are on all sides. Take into account who ever has that flag will just be bombed to death by javs because the base room is so small so are you setting the game up to be fought outside of the base room or do you want them to fight to get in the base room? There are no sweet spots to shoot into the base room so yea again levi bombs or jav bombs are the only way in or mass spider attack. Think of the ships that will have to be used. Don't just leave out a class. Even though I hate the shark it has its uses... Here it wouldn't be as useful as the standard base map as say a jav bouncing a ball into those top or bottom lanes to get into the base.
                Then to retake the base if you lost it there are only 2 pathways as for the current base there are at least 3. Currently you can go up the middle left or right. This gives you 2 options. So in thinking when there are less people on it can get frustrating if someone good is holding base. Just thoughts take em or leave em.
                thanks for this i will look into it, the spawnpoints are where i am in this picture, oposit side for freq 0. you will have to rush back or attach to your terr.

i wouldent implement javs in this game for the reasons you point out. and to get a Lev bomb all the way thru to the base will be really hard and take alot off skill / luck. and the team sharks will have time to rep most of them. and there will only be a small gap between door opening and shut.
                10* Spectator

Season 24:

Best 6* - Snoopie

Comment

Working...
                X