custom subspace covid masks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kthx View Post
    If 65% of cases in 91% of death are from those 65 or older why would any of us be worried about wearing a mask unless you were going to be around old people. And I really doubt their majority of the people at the rally we're 65 or older so it really makes no sense to blame that for a rise in cases.
    There's more to this virus than just death toll, although I would say 130,000 deaths and counting is certainly something to take seriously on its own. I keep hearing about how nobody needs to worry because unless you're old or have a preexisting condition, you'll survive. Conservative estimates put 22% of the world's population as having a preexisting condition, so that mentality seems foolish to me. No argument that the virus is particularly deadly to older people though.

The fact is we still don't really know shit about this virus. Oregon is now reporting that the demographic rising fastest in number of infections is 0-10, so now we can't say children almost never get it. Nobody is sure how effective antibodies end up being, and the antibody test (at least at first) had an error rate approaching 40%. Statistics say this thing isn't going anywhere, especially because the states and countries proudest of not taking the virus seriously are now, in general, the hotbeds. I think calling this some election year hoax is overestimating how important this president is to a massive extent.
    JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
    the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

Yeah it's a huge joke, viruses tend to mutate towards being less lethal anyways. A virus that kills it's own doesn't survive long. And 100k dead seems like a lot but the flu kills as many every year if not more. Are flu deaths down by any chance?
      Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

130k for a planet of 10 billion during a global "pandemic" where largely those who would die from the flu anyways are dying.
        Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

130k for a planet of 10 billion during a global "pandemic" where largely those who would die from the flu anyways are dying.
          130k in the United States, we're around 370 million. I don't dive too deep into global information because it's harder to know what to believe, for me anyway. Without looking into it, I'd imagine flu numbers are down as a combination of being similar symptoms to COVID, and due to the effect of lockdowns, social distancing, and mask wearing. I don't know the numbers offhand though, I'd have to take a dive into that

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Comment

The virus is supposedly worse for Asians due to a genetic marker called Ace-2 if I remember correctly, you would have to add that into the equation.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_swine_flu_pandemic

Why didn't we have the same issues when this happened? I doubt that within 11 years that we couldn't have done the same thing while the swine flu was happening right? Why didn't we constantly hear about Obama's failures to handle that? I'm not saying covid isn't real or even potentially serious but this narrative over covid is definitely political in nature and pushed to destroy an economy before the election, and to try to force mail in voting which is easier to manipulate. In fact I believe the postal worker union just endorsed Biden.
            Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

The virus is supposedly worse for Asians due to a genetic marker called Ace-2 if I remember correctly, you would have to add that into the equation.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_swine_flu_pandemic

Why didn't we have the same issues when this happened? I doubt that within 11 years that we couldn't have done the same thing while the swine flu was happening right? Why didn't we constantly hear about Obama's failures to handle that? I'm not saying covid isn't real or even potentially serious but this narrative over covid is definitely political in nature and pushed to destroy an economy before the election, and to try to force mail in voting which is easier to manipulate. In fact I believe the postal worker union just endorsed Biden.
              Mail in voting isn't easier to manipulate. There have been 0 legitimate studies that have concluded mail in voting is easier to manipulate than in person voting. I have exclusively voted by mail in my life, same with all my friends and family, nobody has ever raised any issues. I agree the process shouldn't be rushed, but it should absolutely be explored nationally. Forcing people to vote in person on 1 specific day that isn't even a holiday or anything is dumb as fuck, pandemic or not. Nothing beats being able to sit down with my ballot and look everything up and vote right there without having to go wait in line with a notebook on a work day just to try and vote.

Theres no conspiracy with the postal union, come on now. Apart from the fact that unions have generally been Democratic (although maybe less so recently), Trump has spent a good amount of time blasting and threatening USPS. No shit they endorsed Biden.

I was younger for H1N1 so I wasn't as aware, but Obama benefited from W's obsession with pandemics and the formation of a pandemic response team, which no longer exists. I don't recall Obama calling H1N1 a political hoax or talk about jobs reports while the death toll climbs either. That's not a good look. The fact that the American health care system deters people from seeing their doctor means we should have been taking this pandemic more seriously than most, not writing it off as a political hoax and wasting time

Comment

I would rather have block chain voting online over mail in voting. There was plenty of stories almost every election year about people "helping" confused seniors vote for the candidate they want, or military voting ballots being lost. Even having Republican or Democrat ballots for primaries being trashed.
                Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

And I honestly think not rushing everyone to a doctor is a good thing, even the dipshits wearing masks at stores lower them with their hands to sniff fruit and then grab around a pile of them to pick the ones they want. Same at hospitals and elsewhere I'm sure. People in general are idiots and the masks likely give a false sense of security while giving a surface that's constantly touched to easily spread the virus.
                  Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

I would rather have block chain voting online over mail in voting. There was plenty of stories almost every election year about people "helping" confused seniors vote for the candidate they want, or military voting ballots being lost. Even having Republican or Democrat ballots for primaries being trashed.
                    I'm with you on block chain. I'm not married to specifically voting by mail, but whatever you can do to vote on your own terms where you can actually research. I think it might help with people just blindly voting along party lines despite not understanding what they're voting for. I hate that shit. Technology and everything has advanced in the past 200 years, there's no reason we shouldn't take advantage of that wisely.

I also agree about not rushing to the doctor for every sniffle, my point was more that people who legitimately are sick would rather not go to the doctor because it can be expensive just to be sick

Comment

Originally posted by the_paul View Post

I'm with you on block chain. I'm not married to specifically voting by mail, but whatever you can do to vote on your own terms where you can actually research. I think it might help with people just blindly voting along party lines despite not understanding what they're voting for. I hate that shit. Technology and everything has advanced in the past 200 years, there's no reason we shouldn't take advantage of that wisely.

I also agree about not rushing to the doctor for every sniffle, my point was more that people who legitimately are sick would rather not go to the doctor because it can be expensive just to be sick
                      Well Texas just got rid of straight ticket voting, which was cancerous. I wish they would get rid of the D or R by names so you actually had to know who you wanted to vote for by name honestly.
                      Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Well Texas just got rid of straight ticket voting, which was cancerous. I wish they would get rid of the D or R by names so you actually had to know who you wanted to vote for by name honestly.
                        I didn't know that, good for you guys. I like that. I'd like to see ranked choice voting too, that way more 3rd party candidates could visibly make some noise. But that's a dream

Comment

Yeah no way that would happen unfortunately.
                          Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

This is why I like you the_paul, reasonable discourse and finding common ground instead of trying for the kill shot to end the debate. I'm guilty a tad of doing that with Jerome but I just can't grasp his thought process on his beliefs. Although i would still go have a drink with him, or you for that matter.
                            Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...rticle/2767980

fuck that science just BURNS doesn't it? FUCK man...all that rigorous peer review (you know, the process whereby other scientists try every possible avenue to disprove your work).

You better dig in your heels and stick with the classic "If I don't understand it, then it's not real!" argument, Wark. Because your bullshit armchair epidemiology is leading you to some naive conclusions.
                              4:BigKing> xD
                              4:Best> i'm leaving chat
                              4:BigKing> what did i do???
                              4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
                              4:BigKing> ???? why though
                              4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that
                              4:BigKing> xD

Comment

This is why I like you the_paul, reasonable discourse and finding common ground instead of trying for the kill shot to end the debate. I'm guilty a tad of doing that with Jerome but I just can't grasp his thought process on his beliefs. Although i would still go have a drink with him, or you for that matter.
                                Agreed buddy. We have enough in common to not have to resort to screaming about everything, even though we disagree on aspects of it. Jerome gets deep in the weeds on some shit, sometimes it just gets easier to put the nail in the coffin and move on before Nixon gets brought up somehow

Comment

Working...
                                X