Ideas for population growth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by menomena View Post
    players in pub chat talking about white people having better genes and there's nothing wrong with trying to give the world better genes and eugenics aren't so bad.
    Whoever said that, if serious, is a cretin, but the biggest cretin is you for wanting to prevent someone from speaking. To my knowledge, freedom of speech here is much greater than in other games with chat (despite my many bans and silences). In my opinion you are making a transfer, I don't think this is the major problem with newbies, but rather that there are things that you are unable to ear without throwing a fit, and newbies are the ideal bait to make you heard.

In my eyes the major problem is that the game is practically unknown and you have to search for it yourself to find out. I have never met a person who knows this game. I found this game on a completely free online game listing on a wikipedia page years ago, looking for completely free online game. Ultimately the person who added SubSpace to this list offered his time and recruited me.

Comment

lol i'm the bigger problem because i don't think a wannabe nazi should have a platform to spew his hate-speech okay

Comment

He should be silenced but it's not the big deal you are talking about.

Comment

you said i'm the bigger cretin than the guy that wants to make the world a white master race lol
          and is openly talking about it in the game you want to try to repopulate lol

Comment

anyway all i'm saying is maybe it's not a great look for the game when you're trying to grow a dying population to have people spouting off about the world needing to be a white utopia as the first thing a new player reads but what do i know

Comment

menomena makes a good point. Staff would have to clean pub if we end up pursing a serious advertising opportunity.
              Last edited by Pressure; 09-24-2020, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ronaldinho View Post

Whoever said that, if serious, is a cretin, but the biggest cretin is you for wanting to prevent someone from speaking. To my knowledge, freedom of speech here is much greater than in other games with chat (despite my many bans and silences)
                hey dipshit this isn’t a freedom of speech issue. Freedom of speech is about government allowing dissent, but this is a private game. The issue here is about standards. Hate speech and general faggotry runs rampant in pub because the mods don’t give a shit at best and, if you’ve ever interacted with a few of them in game, they condone and participate, at worst. Theyre not forced to allow hate speech they choose to.

Comment

you said i'm the bigger cretin than the guy that wants to make the world a white master race lol
                  and is openly talking about it in the game you want to try to repopulate lol
                  I can't stand people who complain because someone said this or that

Comment

Originally posted by ronaldinho View Post

I can't stand people who complain because someone said this or that
                    you can stand people that want to eliminate anyone that's not white from the earth but u cant stand people that say it has no place in this game lmao

Comment

you can stand people that want to eliminate anyone that's not white from the earth but u cant stand people that say it has no place in this game lmao
                      I said he should be silenced but yes I can't stand people complaining for words, there's always been a lot complaining about pub been too toxic. It is so rare to read something like "we should eradicate non-white people" I think I never read such things here, yet a shit load of white knights are constantly complaining that they hear things they dont want to.

Comment

lol ok

Comment

I don't go to pub often, but when I do, it always looks like a giant ball of what the fuck. Pub is the first thing new players see. If we want to keep any new players we do get we need to clean that shit up. Until staff are willing to take a serious look at pub any form of advertisement is a complete waste of time and money.

A few problems with pub:

- Huge wall of green spam from bots.
                          - Large list of retards sitting in spec arguing over unrelated shit to the game. Usually involving something that will certainly offend someone. (politics, religion, etc), pub chat should have a moderator.
                          - Huge skill difference between players playing game forever and new players. Combine this with a bit of a learning curve to the game and you find new players getting slaughtered over and over.
                          - Levis. They ruin basing which really is the point of the map with the flag. Especially nowadays they can just rocket up to mid base with ease and launch retarded bombs that kill everything. Rework the levi into a ship that fits with the other 7.
                          - Remove fireworks from the duel areas, or just remove them completely, annoying.
                          - Balance the shop. Silly things like shields and super must be insanely confusing to new players, should probably get rid of them.

We also need more actual ACTIVE staff members.

Random suggestion, not sure if this is possible. New accounts auto-join a newb-friendly chat. This would be a great way for people to reach out to new players and assist them with the many questions I am sure they have. Again, staff should moderate this, so you don't have troll-related issues.
                          Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

rylo> 1.5 mil for whoever kills renzi
                          (10 seconds later)
                          rEnZi is out. 17 kills 10 deaths. 2 players remain.
                          P TW-Pub> rylo sent you $1,500,000, you now have $4,047,199.

If you're going to do a thing you should to it to the best of your ability or don't do it at all.

Comment

I asked Henry Safari if I could join staff as ZH or whatever just to actually try to help out anyway and whoever I could, but he turned me down immediately
                            J-B-Inc> i ddi that duel while doing coke of pawner moms ass

8:Riverside> UPDATE FOR WEEK 1:
                            8:Riverside> I go 4-60 and we lose 0-6

2:saiyan> [Dec 22 21:22] Rough: yo just came on to tell you, can you go on a real date with a girl (need to be specific here lol) instead of talking to claus on forums about calcs and formulas for a league? Happy holidays btw

Comment

I have also previously offered to staff for the sole purpose of clearing the shitters out of pub and the forums too. Staff weren't interested.

At this point I'm wondering which one of the trolls is actually qan's alias.

Comment

Most active ER we had was axed because of an alias that was similar to another alias.

Comment

Working...
                                X