New WB Map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New WB Map

The TWDD WB map is not related to actual Trench Wars. (Where flag control is the main objective)

WBs do not fight it out in spawn among the small asteroids. (Expect for lame noobs) They duke it out mostly in flag room and mid base.

Flag room is too small for a meaningful duel so mid base could be a great arena if it was bigger.

I took the mid base map and mirrored it vertically. It can be a good 4v4, 3v3, 3v3v3v3 duel map. Opposite ears can be starting and respawn areas.

Can we load this somewhere? I need help with the starting spots and other programing layers that I don't know about.

I call it, "Midbase Warbird Battle Royal."

Thanks!

Your constructive thoughts?

_EDIT_ here's the map.

http://www.filedropper.com/0wmbr
    Last edited by Helps; 11-23-2020, 01:30 PM.

I'm all for a arena with walls for wb variant. Issues could be lots of camping tho and really long games. It can turn into a game of "Fear" which Lasenza created for training purposes. The most effective way to play with walls and win is to camp and wait. It still is fun because it becomes a game of cat and mouse but it is hardly action packed. Still I support your idea as a fun departure for something to play.

As far as your claim that TWDD is not related to trench wars.. Well I respectfully disagree. TWDD has deep beginnings in our zone. In the early days before Continuum was released pickup games began in ?go # arenas or ?go to Name arenas and we would play to 10 deaths on an honor system doing WB duels just like TWDD is based off of now. Games were fought in the lower spawn area below the base which is why the twdd maps with rocks remained. We would often add no counts though and have one person in spec manually counting each death lol. It was really tedious and often arguements would result because people would lose count. This is why/how Dock created the bot system which was unique to Trench Wars. As far as I know Dock from Trench Wars created the first automated bot system for all of Subspace through Trench Wars' platform/zone. TWDD was a direct result from these pick up games that date back to the late 90's game play. When I started we did have elim too going which held the beginnings of twjd too.. Anyways.. This is why TWDD is the ONLY division where the ship type warbird is not represented in the abbreviations for the arena. TWDD = Trench Wars Dueling Division. Warbird was the first division formed and we never wound up changing the abbreviation to TWW(arbird)D because it was the original dueling division. It is kind of funny how TWDD stuck when we have twjd and twsd and twbd and twfd now. Warbird was by far the most popular ship for these honor system pickup games and invited groups or squads would form and we would play in spawn area in an empty pub arena. I believe we had an open arena too later someone made. Little fuzzy about it and I was a little late to the game as I first played in 1999. TWDD is something that was very unique to Trench Wars and has deep roots here though.
    TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
    TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
    TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
    TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
    TSLD CHAMPION 2018
    TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Thanks for the history lesson! I too remember those type of games, lol as I started playing in '99.

I think that TW is about controlling the flag.

Maybe put a flag in the middle, setting a time race to 10 minutes, and also have 10 deaths and you're out could be more interesting.

Javs could have something similar.

Comment

I got the map editor to cooperate. Here's the map...can it be loaded?

http://www.filedropper.com/0wmbr

Comment

Uploaded the map in ?go WMBR. Let me know if you need some small tweaks to spawn points or w/e.

Comment

I made a V3 map with the ability to start in one of the four flag-rooms.

Previously, I thought the warp starting point and respawn area could be in the mid-base ears, but that is too small and would lead to people camping near the ear to kill re-spawners.

Q1: How do I make the FR ceiling half of each FR a safe zone so re-spawners can't immediately get killed?
            (I filled that space in with the blue tile as the starting points are blue and I always assumed that meant it was a safe zone, no?)

Q2: How do you fix the start and re-spawn points?

http://www.filedropper.com/0wmbrv03

Comment

Checked out ?go WMBR! Looks good!! GJ Helps and Biet! Would love to try this with teams!
              TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
              TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
              TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
              TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
              TSLD CHAMPION 2018
              TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Originally posted by Jessup View Post
                Checked out ?go WMBR! Looks good!! GJ Helps and Biet! Would love to try this with teams!
                Thanks Jessup.

Thanks BIET for loading the map!

Thanks to Qan for loading the V3 map!

V3:
                1. Opens access to four flag rooms as starting points with large safe zones.
                  1. (need to edit cfg file to move start and spawn to FR's.)
                2. Also opened up the flag area to lower the ability to camp there.
                3. There should probably be a rule that only one wb from a team is allowed in the flag room area at a time.

Comment

Working...
                X