?go base edicate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ?go base edicate

Whenever I finish a game in base I say 'gg' no matter outcome. I've heard some people say it is common courtesy to say it, while others think it is snobbish to say it. What is your opinion?
    Last edited by lunch3; 07-31-2004, 03:41 AM.
    -L3

I also prefer saying 'gg' after a match no-matter which outcome.. It's proper ediquette (for me, atleast)

Comment

i think u say gg, as in u give eachother a hand after a football match or whatever
      Code:
      1:Pred_FNM <ER>> guys, yellow + green is really shitty for forumcolours :p
      1:lnx> what's wrong with that combination
      1:lnx> I wear yellow-green clothes :(
      1:Pred_FNM <ER>> i dont mean in clothes, in forums..
      1:lnx> kk
      1:lnx> buy a black-white computer monitor if you don't like the colors foo

Comment

out of respect its common courtesy to say 'gg', just like its courtesy to give your opponent 'seconds' in streetfighter.

in many games ppl say it before match 'gl gg' and when u do it in tw ppl think ur being cocky when u mean to say good luck have a good game.
        Imagination knows no limit

Comment

I like to eat popcorn when I play.

Comment

it really depends on whether or not I capitalize the letters or not.
            TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
            TelCat> hoes get paid :(
            TelCat> i dont

Comment

i usually say gg after a match, just like i say gl before it. same with football,basketball and anyother sport i play.
              I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Comment

It's etiquette. I wouldn't be bothered normally but two people spelt it wrong and thought they might like to know.

Comment

^^^^^ Beat me to it

I normally say gg when:

I get eliminated in elim/baseelim/some events
                  I eliminate someone in elim/baseelim/some events
                  The end of a base game/some events

I always mean it in a good way, I don't like using it cockily.

If I use a cocky gg, I will usually add the name of whoever it applies to.
                  USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
                  ---A few minutes later---
                  9:cool koen> you scorereseted
                  9:Kim> UM
                  9:Kim> i didn't
                  9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
                  9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
                  9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
                  9:pascone> lol?

Comment

I don't say GG anymore, because people tend to see it as a mocking sort of thing that only people who win say.

Comment

Weak.

Stop starting shitty posts with weak substance.

Lunch3, you can go to hell. You go to hell and you die.

Comment

gg. SERVED?
                        the price is right, bitch.

Comment

Don't mind me guys, I'm just stopping by to tell Mitch to stop being a complete dickfor.
                          PLEASE, DON'T BE MISGUIDED...YA BITIN'. AND I'MA HAVE TA DIS YA, UNDERSTAND MISTA?

Comment

Nah i dont like to say GG , espacially when i get 0wned by some laggy newbs. Some ppl just say it to anoy you/

Comment

im not dead

hi everyone even know i dont play this game any more ( i was obsessed and thats not good) i do agree to saying GG at the end of the match! if you lose by alot or a lil you dont need to curse but to congratulate your opoinet :up:

Comment

Working...
                              X