Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[NEW] Bug/Glitch abuse rule update. Flagroom warp from outside base.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [NEW] Bug/Glitch abuse rule update. Flagroom warp from outside base.

Warping into the flagroom from outside the base will be considered bug/glitch abuse (in pub).

Why?
    There are two reasons as to why this rule has been added:
    1. 1. Desync of weapons on screen
    2. 2. Flag jupe
    Let's start off with the desync of weapons on screen. The game constantly sends packets back and forth between the players and the server to keep everything as close to looking the same on every screen. However, there's a limit to how far away you can be from someone else and still receive those packets. The game does this to greatly reduce the amount of packets, and thus needing less bandwidth, to handle (potentially) more players with less resources. What this means though is that with the use of portals you can use this to your benefit. In the event of having a portal in the flagroom and being far enough away that the flagroom is outside of radar range, no weapon packets will be received from any player inside the flagroom, which makes you immune to those weapons as they don't show up on your screen. It just doesn't look right when you see it happening.

Besides basically ignoring weapons on screen, there's another bug/glitch that's linked to it, the infamous flag jupe. This bug often occurs when a player dies on top or very near the flag, making the flag seem claimed (yellow) for some, but without sending the necessary packet to the server for the bot to use to actually detect the flag has been claimed. This leaves the flag yellow for a time until the server eventually changes it to the right state. What this means is that the flag becomes unclaimable, during that time, for the team that sees it as claimed (yellow). Since portals can be laid directly on top of the flag, and allow for warping directly into mines laid around it, the chance of a flag jupe is high. It has led to countless "impossible" flag captures and heartbreaks.

So to recap. The rule exists to reduce the amount of bugs/glitches happening.

What is the punishment?
    The official punishment for bug/glitch abuse start at a 1-day zone ban. However, context is important. If you either intentionally abuse it, or consistently warp back into the flagroom from outside of the base, you will get banned directly. Otherwise you will be asked to stop before resorting to a ban.

When?
    The rule will be enforced effective immediately.

Just to be super clear, this includes the porting to flag thing that FreeSpirit does 24/7 right?

Edit:

Example:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=186Wl7f3bAQ

I told him about the rules change earlier and he said he doesn't give a fuck, no staff around at this time as usual.
    Last edited by Rab; 05-22-2021, 09:02 AM.

Comment

While we are on the subject of bugs is glitching through mines going to still be allowed or not? I sent in a video of a un nammed player doing it over and over to again a un nammed staff member and have yet to hear back.
      So what's the word can we glitch through mines free and clear now?
      Is that just allowed?
      And don't tell me lag lol
      Its clear what was going on in the video i sent in.
      I mean and that's just mines I could talk about other "glitches" being used but I dont have the clips.. yet.. What happens when you openly are using glitches. I mean I know exactly what the rule book says but that clearly isnt being enforced considering the un nammed player doing it knows the rule book lmao.

Comment

Originally posted by Rab View Post
        Just to be super clear, this includes the porting to flag thing that FreeSpirit does 24/7 right?

Edit:

Example:
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=186Wl7f3bAQ

I told him about the rules change earlier and he said he doesn't give a fuck, no staff around at this time as usual.
        That's included, yes.

Originally posted by rothe
        While we are on the subject of bugs is glitching through mines going to still be allowed or not? I sent in a video of a un nammed player doing it over and over to again a un nammed staff member and have yet to hear back.
        So what's the word can we glitch through mines free and clear now?
        Is that just allowed?
        And don't tell me lag lol
        Its clear what was going on in the video i sent in.
        I mean and that's just mines I could talk about other "glitches" being used but I dont have the clips.. yet.. What happens when you openly are using glitches. I mean I know exactly what the rule book says but that clearly isnt being enforced considering the un nammed player doing it knows the rule book lmao.
        Mines are honestly a huge mess when it comes to being synced up on all screens. Currently the only two things you can't do mine related are this new rule, and reentering the arena to clear mines on your end.

Comment

So why isn't FreeSpirit banned? He has consistently broken this rule since it came into force.

In adition to the video I posted earlier..

He's doing it again now.
          I tried reporting to staff, but there are no staff responding.
          So here's video evidence: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sz_uGFz8bK8

Comment

Another example, showing him eat a burst upon arrival:
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAxfAMJvyYQ

Edit:
            And another example:
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uf9tNQ1GLS8

Edit Edit:
            And another example:
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QY5jXMzI6Io
            Last edited by Rab; 05-23-2021, 08:15 AM.

Comment

So why isn't FreeSpirit banned? He has consistently broken this rule since it came into force.

In adition to the video I posted earlier..

He's doing it again now.
              I tried reporting to staff, but there are no staff responding.
              So here's video evidence: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sz_uGFz8bK8
              Unfortunately we can't be there 24/7, therefor your recordings are very much appreciated. It should become less of an issue when players either change their ways, or get banned for longer and longer. In the case of FS there's quite a habit to break so we will see. The first ban is in.

Comment

Originally posted by BIET View Post
                The first ban is in.
                thx

Comment

thx
                  More videos are welcome BTW.... here or privately to us... specifically the ones that show the potential weapons issues are the most damning.
                  7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
                  Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
                  TWLJ Champion Season 11
                  TWLB All-Star Season 10
                  Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

Snitches get......

.....exactly what they were after in this zone

lol

Comment

Gonna marry free spirit so I get his $$$s when he is permabanned.

Comment

FreeSpirit cheated twice today, got 1 recorded:
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZOzceBDqgs

I have noticed him being sneakier about it. Avoiding doing it with staff around. Porting earlier to try and avoid being recorded. Flying back from narnia into some corner of the base to try and technically be 'in base'. Worthy of another ban imo.

Comment

Rab stfu sometimes lol.. ur such a jerk always. No one cares and free's ports are so predictable and in any game of size it is useless what he does and EVERYONE is prepared for it. Get a life.
                          TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
                          TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
                          TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
                          TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
                          TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                          TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

thanks for your input

Comment

Working...
                            X