Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone else irritated with the bug exploitation in TW?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone else irritated with the bug exploitation in TW?

topic title speaks for itself really. i know it's not technically "illegal" yet but my real question is... why isn't it? sent off some long winded email complaining about it then realized i could've just come here for more dialogue about it lol

----------------------

firstly, i'd like to complain about the fact that "ghost attaching" to terrs to avoid bullets is not an illegal exploit - if a player disappears off someone's screen, re-appears and keeps doing it, it is not a fair way to play and gives obvious advantages to the player partaking in that behaviour. to me and everybody else, it is exploitation of a bug. the bug wouldn't be here if the client was able to fixed, which i fully understand is out of your hands. therefore, it should be illegal for everyone to do.

secondly, i'd like to complain about the fact it's one of your staff members who is doing it. whilst it may not be "illegal" yet, as per what hak and PO themselves told me, it clearly ruins the gameplay and makes the players question the integrity of the staff member doing it and indeed the way the zone is run. it will actively encourage other players to perhaps start exploiting other bugs. no doubt those players will be warned and/or banned on the spot, but why should they be? my first question would be (as the exploiter), what bugs are and aren't allowed to be exploited then? is disappearing and re-appearing on the screen allowed? is it an accepted mechanic of the players ships being able to do that to avoid being hit/killed?

we can sit here all day and argue about what is killing the zone and where i come in to all of this, with my "racist names" and alleged chat spamming, but when a staff member starts disappearing and re-appearing at will on a players screen, that looks a lot like cheating to the unsuspecting player. then that player will realize his ?cheater calls aren't answered, because the person doing it is an active staff member. and the consequence of that will probably be... people leave the game because they think "cheating" is not dealt with properly. that player will not return. again, it is leaving the integrity of the game open to question - and tbh, can you blame people who do question it when this goes on? imo, if this isn't clamped down on, you are just shooting yourselves in the foot by allowing it to continue.

my last complaint is to do with the way pureownage also talks to players (whether he knows them from history or not) - please see attached screenshots/logs

is this how your staff members are to talk to players? is pureownage above everybody else that he is fine to spark toxicity in the chat and evade the STFU can? i was recently enlightened by hak that staff members are to follow the STFU can unless under certain circumstances - were the screenshots i've provided sufficient grounds to evade the STFU can that was bought just so PureOwnage could have his say? i thought staff members were meant to be above this sort of nonsense, but PO appears to be fully engaged with it?

honestly, i know it's not the easiest thing to find somebody to "trust" over the internet and pass on any sort of power, but as long as someone like PureOwnage is a staff member, you are actively encouraging his toxic behaviour and in my eyes (and others), exploitation of the game mechanics. it's time to bring back to TW a fair fight between everyone, and start to deal with people who wish to exploit the game to gain an edge... which in layman's terms is... cheating. starting at the very least, with your staff.

best regards,

fish and chips
    ---------------------------------------

hoping people see the point in my post... if we want more players here, why should any bug or exploit be allowed... and then encouraged by staff members? this is what will kill the game, not toxic chat. but then again, if you don't want toxic chat in TW, why should your staff members be allowed to do it?

I think poker is bugged too. Can some give me $$$s for research?

Comment

In terms of subject matter and respect,

Like many other online games,

The in-game chat, esp in Pub, is more often than not, unwelcoming to players: returning & new.

I agree with that part of your post, if it was indeed a shared opinion.
      Last edited by Riverside; 08-14-2022, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir BattyCrease View Post
        the fact that "ghost attaching" to terrs to avoid bullets is not an illegal exploit
        It is indeed illegal. Sometimes it just happens as part of the game but doing it with obvious intent repeatedly is where it becomes "bug exploitation". Staff members are not above this, or any other rule that we expect the general population to follow.

my last complaint is to do with the way pureownage also talks to players (whether he knows them from history or not) - please see attached screenshots/logs
        I see no screenshots/logs so I assume this post is a copy/paste of the email you sent? If that is the case, only the sysops (IE: Qan) have access to that email. While they are the ultimate authority on well....everything.... This is basically my role in staff is to make sure our "product" maintains a level of what is expected of us. I'm hesitant to give any sort of official reaction and/or public reaction to "trolling", especially given the state of pub chat I'd be happy to look at those screenshots and proceed from there. Members of staff also cannot be silenced via the can of stfu, however, we are expected to honor it unless in the performance of our duties. (Example: I am not going to unspec to speak to a new player I might be trying to work with). This infraction is minor relative to everything else mentioned in this thread but agree that it is poor optics. I'm certainly not above the occasional "smang" macro.

hoping people see the point in my post...

While I can't say with any certainty how past deans would have handled these scenarios, we don't have the luxury in 2022 of axing otherwise productive members of staff and replacing them with others waiting in the wings for a chance to prove themselves. Once that productivity is removed, it is simply gone as there is nobody waiting. This does not mean that any member of staff is above the rules. It means we have to find a balance between moderating ourselves/maintaining our integrity and allowing these people an opportunity to unwind. This is a thankless job and it does wear you down. Based on all the channels I am personally in for staff related stuff, I will assure you that everybody that needs to know, is now aware of this situation. There will be some changes.
        1:wbm> i squint when im angry

Originally posted by mtine
        Yo LF, u'll never get me. Trust me, SUCK MY CUNT U MADAFAKING IDIOT!!! Cum at me bro. God, ur even worse than some fags irl's history. commit suicide since u aren't even worth 5 penises. CAN'T TOUCH DIS!!! Jeez man. ALL UR MOFOS THAT U RULE IN THIS GAME SHUD RLY SEE HOW UGLY U R IRL AND HOW DUMB AS WELL. Oh, 1 last thing: CAN'T TOUCH THIS ASS.

Comment

Ghosting is hilarious and fun, give it a whirl sir batty
          TRENCH WARS BILLIONAIRE
          (THX TO CHEECHOO/JURASSIC/EKKO/CUBONE27/BOMBED/SPOOKEDONE/AS BLOOD RUNS BLACK/GENERAL CHANG/LF/SPRACKLE/TEMUJIN/MERCEDES)
          PRO FESTIVAL BUYERS:HAWTHORNE/PUREOWNAGE
          AND OFC DUEL2 PARTNER CRIPPLE

Comment

LOL at the nubs crying about the built-in mechanics of subspace/continuum

Get gud its fun here not even bad at all in trench wars lmaooo
            Was a great strategy in EG and fun af lol

Comment

Forgot to add that part where I was only attaching to FreeSpirit and not killing anyone or grabbing flag. But I guess that doesn't fit your story. I will quit staff before I let you troll without being trolled back.
              Last edited by PureOwnage; 08-15-2022, 12:09 PM.
              Trench Wars Moderator

TWDT-B Season 3 Champion: WOOT

6:Centurion <ZH>> afk embalming babies
              3:royce> i wish i knew how to penetrate
              1:Markmrw> i feel like i need a dick all of a sudden
              1:Markmrw> fuck wrong chat!
              1:Markmrw> :O
              1:RaCka> ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????

Comment

as per your silly replies to me during those moments about how it's legal to do and how no one is going to care, how you didn't answer my ?cheater calls (twice - until you realised hak answered it, you then started to send me pm's defending your actions as above) - i'm not overly surprised to read you denying that you were ghost attaching several times to avoid being hit, all at the "right time" - you don't see a problem with what you do, you think it's legal, and you evade the STFU can to spark some toxicity with someone in pub. i think the right choice is for you to go tbh. i don't see why you're trying to inspire a level of sympathy...

Comment

so youre talking about a bug that is only exploitable for a couple seconds while a ter respawns?

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Zeebu View Post
                    so youre talking about a bug that is only exploitable for a couple seconds while a ter respawns?
                    right?
                    what a fukin joke of a pub nub
                    lmaoooooo

making garbage threads/posts up there with lizzo advocating for the useless non contributing crazy fuks in pub

Comment

Well considering the cheater call was against me. I can't take it. So find somewhere else to troll. Maybe a zone outside of the SSC biller.
                      Trench Wars Moderator

TWDT-B Season 3 Champion: WOOT

6:Centurion <ZH>> afk embalming babies
                      3:royce> i wish i knew how to penetrate
                      1:Markmrw> i feel like i need a dick all of a sudden
                      1:Markmrw> fuck wrong chat!
                      1:Markmrw> :O
                      1:RaCka> ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????

Comment

We can all contribute if we try hard enough. Never give up. $ag you do you, never change. Also jessup a lot better than you. Why you keep reminding everyone in your sig

Comment

Redacted
                          Last edited by Hookecho; 08-18-2022, 06:12 AM. Reason: Defamation

Comment

I appreciate you taking time to bring up a topic of contention regarding the lag attaches. I think there was some healthy dialog back from LF above.
                            Unfortunately healthy dialog doesn't last very long before other trolls will layer on and join the staff hate train. It destroys the ethos of the original post.

Since that seems to be starting to happen here, I'm going to close this. Further complaints can be sent to https://trenchwars.org/support or twcomplaints at gmail dot com

Comment

Working...
                            X