Resolution Limits for WB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resolution Limits for WB

Maybe a hot take but seems WB could potentially benefit from a tighter res limit. The ship was much better prior to this change as it was actually fast paced rather than a strayfest from half a map away.

The same people that advocated so strongly for res limits to be removed are also the people that complain that its boring and a lobfest now. Maybe even introduce a res limited version of it for fun
    1:Foreign> i screenshot every time i get mvp in javs
    1:pascone> folder is empty :/
    1:Tiny> LOL
    1:Mega Newbie> uhauhauhauhauhauha

1:Ricko> i havent played so well and gone 4-7 before

what arena are you talking about?

Comment

HELL NO
      ..?!?

Comment

For the record, I was always a vote against raising any and all res limits anywhere. This is an ancient old game that was made to fit OLD RESOLUTIONS. I started on 800x600 and wondered why I struggled so much and found out the advanced monitor kids were using 1280x1024. I made the monitor switch and became wayyyyyy better because I could see so much more which also slowed the reaction times I needed to have, but it was still fast paced enough. It actually was about perfect on 1280 x 1024. This was the 2003-2005 era of greatness for this game. We found 1280 to 1350 to be incredibly competitive and exciting. Rushing became a thing too. It was good. Sertifi though had a monitor that could go higher and decided to pull a coup and bypass the TWD vote that was already passed THREE times in official votes by exclusive TWD players and each time we passed the vote to keep it fixed at around 1280. He did this lame pub poll that was abused and also had people voting on it that never played compeitive in TWD. I was pissed because I knew from experience raising res limits gave a clear advantage to those who support higher and higher res not to mention it killed the original pace of the game. It is what it is now sadly. I doubt people will want to revert, but I would do it. Also, wide screen monitors did change settings. I can't even do the old res on my new monitor without it blacking out the edges which is weird but.. still playable. It's slower and javs def need limits like wb in TWD NOW. I'm down for it but people don't wanna lose their advantages I bet.
        Last edited by Jessup; 06-15-2023, 11:07 AM.
        TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
        TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
        TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
        TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
        TSLD CHAMPION 2018
        TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Real question is how can bind a key to zoom in/out of a lower res in-game?

Okay I'm trolling, but honestly I don't see hope of us going back on this long 1920 road we've been down.

I'd also love to see that in place though, it's definitely changed the game. Maybe another arena with a low limit just for hobbyists? TWDD6?
          Last edited by daresound; 06-15-2023, 03:38 PM.
          1:Sir Spider> you gotta kinda drag it out of him a little bit
          1:Sir Spider> but once you do he just explodes
          1:Sir Spider> at least on me
          1:Sir Spider> ...no homo

Comment

Working...
          X