TWD Request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWD Request

Alright before I go on about this, I'd like to ask that some staff members actually reply. Feedback from players is great, but unless we have someone that actually knows what their talking about step in and say a few things - topics like this just turn into giant arguements.

TWD is a great system. It allows squads to have matches pretty much 24/7, and the statistics are recorded, ranked, and publically displayed. Although after skimming through the twd site, I realized a few things could be done to make TWD alot more fun and perhaps more competitive. I'd like to know how much time/work would be required to make these changes and additions that Im wondering about. If there is anyway I could be a help, I would more then gladly be of assitance.

The problem with TWD, is there's too much freedom. People want it to be a competitive system, but if you look around it's pretty much a joke. One of the reasons TWL works, is because it has rules. Rules that are usually enforced. It makes TWL a much more fun and competitive system, that players strive to be a part of. No one has to strive to play in TWD, you don't have to put any effort into TWD participation whatsoever. This is what causes the lack of competition. Why even bother ranking TWD if no one cares about the ranks?

Squad Limits
    -------------

What percentage of TWDs squads are actually actively using this system? There are plenty of squads that have under 5 players on their roster, and haven't played a single match in weeks. Sure they won't show up on the rankings list, but how much time would it take to knock them off TWD and make things look alot neater?

Why not make a limit? 60 TWD/J squads, and 40 TWBD squads? Those numbers won't appeal to everyone, but they could be changed. If a squad hasn't had a match for 7 days, send them a warning. If they don't play a match/fail to reply - take them off TWD. This would reward healthy/active TWD squads.

When a new squad applies to TWD, make sure they're at least X number of days old. This would prevent squads from joining TWD, and dying 2 days later. If your planning to make a squad, surely you won't mind waiting a few days before you can participate in TWD? Well if your planning to make a squad that will last longer then a month you shouldn't mind.

Squad Limitations could also reduce squadhopping. Not drastically, but it couldn't hurt. If a player wants to leave a squad, they would have less squads to hop onto. If they wanted to make their own, they'd have to wait a certain amount of time before it could be done. I'm pretty sure they may think just a little harder before leaving their current squad.

It's 2 am, I'm not going to go much further with this now. I'd appreciate feedback and other ideas. Considering mine are pretty random, and not very well put together. I'd also like to see some higher staff reply. Whats the point of making this stuff if your just going to ignore the people your making it for? It almost defines wasted time, and stupidity. Small changes won't hurt anything. It would reward loyal, active, and competitive players - and give the assholes a hard time.

P.S - there are some alright assholes though
    7:Knockers> how'd you do it Paul?
    7:Knockers> sex? money? power?
    7:PaulOakenfold> *puts on sunglasses* *flies away*

1:vys> I EVEN TOLD MY MUM I WON A PIZZA

7:Knockers> the suns not yellow, its chicken
    7:Salu> that's drug addict talk if i ever saw it

1:chuckle> im tired of seeing people get killed and other people just watching simply saying "MURDER. RACISM. BAD"
    1:chuckle> ive watched the video twice now

there shouldn't be a squad limit, that's what makes TWD, TWD, anyone can join whatever division and experiment around in all 3. I think any squad should be able to join at any time. if they don't have enough players, they can get some later, not like they can play or progress though the rankings anyways.
    DELETED

Comment

Originally posted by Dameon Angell
      there shouldn't be a squad limit, that's what makes TWD, TWD, anyone can join whatever division and experiment around in all 3. I think any squad should be able to join at any time. if they don't have enough players, they can get some later, not like they can play or progress though the rankings anyways.
      This is whats ruining it though. People join, and just mess around. You can do that in a pub. A squad limit would give people something to work towards. It wouldn't be very difficult to make it into a TWD squad, or create your own, but it prevents people from just acting like retards and screwing with the system for no reason. Why plant a shrub if your not planning to water it or trim it. It will eventually just grow out of control and then rot.

1:chuckle> im tired of seeing people get killed and other people just watching simply saying "MURDER. RACISM. BAD"

Comment

Originally posted by Capital Knockers
        Why even bother ranking TWD if no one cares about the ranks?
        The ranks are there because only a limited amount of squads can play in Twl. Squads with the best rank (example #1 till #10) are allowed to play in Twl. Thats why the ranks are there.
        Jason> God said, "Heh, I'm gonna give Eve some nice titties."
        Dyers eve> God wanted me to have nice titties?
        Superstar> Yes eve, he does want you to have nice titties. To bad he placed them on the wrong spot. Cup C size balls.

---------------------------------------------------

Greetz Dyers eve

Comment

Originally posted by Dyers eve
          The ranks are there because only a limited amount of squads can play in Twl. Squads with the best rank (example #1 till #10) are allowed to play in Twl. Thats why the ranks are there.
          True. Personally I think TWL squads should be picked by a different method but thats just me. I just go on rants occasionally, and this happend to be one of them. I still think twd could be improved, with more rules/limitations. It's just if TWD was improved, perhaps we'd have less problems with squads in TWL?

Comment

it is kinda fucked up when u see a squadron with 40+ players on there roster.
            Originally posted by Kolar
            My reaction:

;1;Holy Shit
            ;1;Al Qaeda took care of method for us

Comment

Why's that? In twl they cannot use all there 40 people. They must give a list with players that will play in Twl. I am not saying Twd couldnt be improved, but I think its fine the way it is atm.
              Jason> God said, "Heh, I'm gonna give Eve some nice titties."
              Dyers eve> God wanted me to have nice titties?
              Superstar> Yes eve, he does want you to have nice titties. To bad he placed them on the wrong spot. Cup C size balls.

---------------------------------------------------

Greetz Dyers eve

Comment

Originally posted by Due
                it is kinda fucked up when u see a squadron with 40+ players on there roster.
                The Season VII TWLB Championship squad has 40 members on it's TWD roster.
                jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Capital Knockers

When a new squad applies to TWD, make sure they're at least X number of days old. This would prevent squads from joining TWD, and dying 2 days later. If your planning to make a squad, surely you won't mind waiting a few days before you can participate in TWD? Well if your planning to make a squad that will last longer then a month you shouldn't mind.
                  doesn't mather how new/old the person is, i think
                  Code:
                  1:Pred_FNM <ER>> guys, yellow + green is really shitty for forumcolours :p
                  1:lnx> what's wrong with that combination
                  1:lnx> I wear yellow-green clothes :(
                  1:Pred_FNM <ER>> i dont mean in clothes, in forums..
                  1:lnx> kk
                  1:lnx> buy a black-white computer monitor if you don't like the colors foo

Comment

you can't fuck around in pub like you can fuck around in a 5v5 match.
                    There once was a man from Nantucket.

Comment

This is what i think of TWD:

It's great that squads now can wb duel, jav duel, and base other squads with a bot, with no need of a host, and don't have to do it in private arenas. As for the competitive part, right now its the relaxing stage where everyone just play for fun. But once TWL qualificatino starts, it's all serious business for those squads who want to be in TWL, while rest of the TW can still just have fun and play around.
                      1 + 1 = 1

Comment

testing
                        Ogron - "Lifetime Achievement Award recipient for 10* attitude [Ardour]"

ranked #2 in ogrons signature of: TWL's most irrelevant nobodies pubtrash bozos with 0 titles.

TWLD Season 19 #70th Best Warbird
                        TWLB Season 19 #56th Best Spider

TW Greatest no-shipper 2002 - Present

Comment

Working...
                        X