subspace flash emulator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• subspace flash emulator

Ive been playing around with flash recently and thought of a potential use for the subspace community after seeing the file size on jerome' twl video. The SS graphics are already a good set of dummy graphics for developing spaceinvaders/gallaga type games till you make your own, but it quickly became apparent that making a 1 player port would be farily straightforward if you had the ship settings.

Alone, that wouldnt be very usefull or uniquie, however depending if its even possible, it would be a great asset for recording twl games in a small format. People could download the swf files and place it in their subspace folder so the simulation would use whatever graphics they use for SS.

The crucial part, and im not even sure if this is recorded, would be a the ship status, postition, angle, etc for every ship during every second of the match. I'm guessing each keypress a player makes isnt recorded to the server, but is doing so a possibility?

btw jerom you're going to run out of bandwidth you imposter pig
    SIGNATURE PROTEST: KEEP THE SHORT FFS

I know it's a lot to download, 300mbs..... but if I did compress it, it wouldn't even be worth downloading. If bandwidth does become an issue for Jerome I can get torrent working.
    Last edited by Kolar; 08-24-2004, 03:51 AM.

Comment

Where is this 300mb video from Kolar? Did i miss something?

Link please

thanks

EDIT: Just found it on the TWL Forum. Forget the above.
      Last edited by unrealistic; 08-24-2004, 07:00 AM.

Comment

Do not worry about bandwidth The bandwidth "resets" monthly, so i'm sure even if i DO exceed the limit, it's only like a week until it's all good.

edit: btw :up: to the flash idea
        NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Working...
        X