I did it again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I did it again...

...I discovered more usless but cool crap for my map editor (which died a month ago, but Im bringing it back).

well, this time I discoved "extra" tiles in continuum, most of them are usless but a few are cool. yea, I'll just describe them now...
    (Note: when I say "Items", I mean decoys, bullets, bombs, shrap, burst, and power balls, but not thors)

Tile: Description
    191: Invisible on screen, Visible on radar, Ships can go through them, Items bounce off it, Thors go through it. (if you "launch" an item while in it, the item will float suspended in space)
    192-215: Invisible on screen, Visible on radar, Solid block (like any other tile)
    216: a small asteroid, eveyone already knows about this...
    217: a medium asteroid, everyone alreay knows about this...
    218: another small asteroid, just the same as the other one, accept the gfx's are alittle diffrent
    219: a spacestation, everyone knows about this...
    220: a wormhole, everyone knows about this...
    221-240: Invisible on screen, Visible on radar, Solid block (like any other tile)
    241: Invisible on screen, Visible on radar, Ship can go through it but Items dissapear when they touch it.
    242: Invisible on screen, Invisible on radar, Warps your ship on contact, items bounce off it, Thors dissapear on contact (!)
    243-251: Invisible on screen, Invisible on radar, Solid block (like any other tile)
    252: Visible on screen (Animated NME door), Invisible on radar, Items go through it, your ship gets warped after a random amount of time (0-2 seconds) while floating on it.
    253: Visible on screen (Animated Team door), Invisible on radar, Items go through it, so does your ship.
    254: Invisible on screen, Invisible on radar, Items go through it, So does your ship. idk what its used for, but it seems you cant door while on/near it.
    255: Visible On screen (Animated Green Prize), Invisible on radar, Items go through it, So does your Ship. This is a green, but it doesent show up on radar, and no matter how many times you fly over it, you will never pick it up, ever.

as you can see, most of these tiles have great usability, I especially like tile 242 becasue you can make a flagging base that thors will not be able to get in.

I have the map Here if you want to test it out yourself, but you cant open it up in ssme becasue of a "Tile ID out of range" error.
    Like, there was this ninja who got
    ticked off at some people who kept
    talking while he was trying to rock
    out on his guitar, so the ninja totally
    flipped out and sang at them till
    they all exploded!!! (true story.)

Aw, I use ssme, what alternative map editor do you suggest? Taking into consideration, that the CLEmapeditor doesnt seem to work on my system

Those things sound pretty usefull though, for making some cool maps :up:

Comment

well, I dont think any map editor will work, but if you know how to run your own ss-server, that how I test out all my crap.

If my map editor ever gets going enoughf that I will finish it, than you can use mine (becasue these tiles will be enabled in it).

it is possible to put those tiles into maps, but as of now it unpractical (eg: hex editing or using my tile-replacer) becasue you wont be able to edit those maps again, unless you take them out to edit the map, then re-edit them back in when your done.
      Last edited by Overburn; 08-27-2004, 05:44 PM.

Comment

All I can say is wow, some of these tiles could be used for some really awesome things.
        USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
        ---A few minutes later---
        9:cool koen> you scorereseted
        9:Kim> UM
        9:Kim> i didn't
        9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
        9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
        9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
        9:pascone> lol?

Comment

HI OVERBURN! What's up, dude? I just wanted to make note of the fact that I'll be back up at school in Rochester, NY this Thursday. Small world, eh?
          jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Jas, i think maybe i should plan a field trip.

Comment

At first, I thought you were joking because I didn't know there are that many tiles.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason
                HI OVERBURN! What's up, dude? I just wanted to make note of the fact that I'll be back up at school in Rochester, NY this Thursday. Small world, eh?
                whoa! cool, your probably going to RIT, right?
                I still have 1 more year until I goto college :/

Comment

RIT indeed. You gots ta love Crotchester!

Shade, fucking hell yes dude.
                  jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Let's get back on topic here, you can use PMs for that......

How can I put those tiles into a map?
                    USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim

Comment

K, I tried out tile 242 (The totally invisible, items bounce, absorbs thor and warps you one) and here is a resulting screenshot (sorry about size)

I was thinking, mabe the tiles are invisible on screen because they aren't set as anything?

These definatly have great potential as they will be able to change gameplay a lot.

(Is there an easier way to put them into a map? I had to make a random paint picture, and use your monochrome.bmp to .lvl converter to make a .lvl)

Comment

How do you put them on the map?

Comment

I guess I could make somthing real quick to put these tiles in a map, like a map editor, but a lite-vesion.

Comment

241 is really cool, but isn't it just the normal team brick tile without any graphics??
                            5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
                            5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
                            5: Da1andonly> =((
                            5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
                            5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
                            5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

No, even bouncing bombs dissapear on it.

Comment

Working...
                              X