We need to make a bigger banner .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nockm
    Just forget it. It's not worth the hassle of uprooting tons of code. Will never happen in your lifetime. G'day. Thread closed.
    Uhh, I don't think there's a point to increasing the size either, but how would this involve uprooting "tons" of code?
    Originally posted by Ward
    OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

Originally posted by Jason
      The size of the banner next to your name is quite possibly the last reason on earth as to why SubSpace would die. And even if you're speaking in a broader sense, arguing that the game won't be updated rapidly enough to keep up with public demand, I'd say you're wrong there too. The game hasn't changed all that drastically since 1995, even with a completely new client. We don't have to worry about stability (as a gaming community) too much.
      I wasn't on about the banner, i was saying tht it will die if no one puts in the effort to make changes the majority would like to see.

Comment

Would like, not neccessary.

Comment

Not that this isn't perhaps a good idea, but I don't like the idea of animated ones because of the extra lag it would create. :down:

After all, you all evolved from dialup sometime. :up:
          >o-/\/\mmmmmmmmmm/-<o<<-<

Comment

Originally posted by Shas'la T'au Kais
            Not that this isn't perhaps a good idea, but I don't like the idea of animated ones because of the extra lag it would create. :down:

After all, you all evolved from dialup sometime. :up:
            Are you seirous? What is wrong with you guys? Animated?! And I think Daemon Angell said it as a joke.. obviously..

Do you know how annoying that would be..(with animated banners)? We would se people (most likely teens) driving around in space, with a banner that shows a guy spanking his monkey..

I don't really understand what it so important with banners? It is not like you see in CS or in any other game banner before a player name! I mean get PS (=Photoshop) if you like to make art.. And besides, who says that players in DSB or EG players wants bigger banners or any other zone player?
            Endless space, endless exploration.

Comment

hmm...

The banners are big enough. Make them bigger and they would just be in the way.

Comment

Who cares about making banners, the only people who would complain are those who can't make good ones.

Stop complaining and deal with it.

The priority should be sorting out lag problems with the server, and other such features, not the little picture next to your name and ship.
                Run Wabbit Run Wabbit Run Run Run Here Come FFLeader With His Gun Gun Gun ewww .?go rabbit -Redlights <ER>

Comment

Terrible Idea.
                  The banners will be bigger than our ships.

If you want to see it bigger, lower your screen resoloution.

GG
                  Krazie_Killer

DoCk> I'm a wittle girl!
                  I Knew it!

The joys of TWBeta ^_^
                  2:Shas'la T'au Kais> .
                  2:Krazie_Killer> .
                  2:epor> .
                  2:IcER> .
                  2:H0blin G0blin> ..
                  2:Shas'la T'au Kais> quit copying me.
                  2:Krazie_Killer> damn it hoblin!
                  2:epor> lol
                  2:Krazie_Killer> you had to ruin it!

Comment

Originally posted by FFLeader
                    Who cares about making banners, the only people who would complain are those who can't make good ones.

Stop complaining and deal with it.

The priority should be sorting out lag problems with the server, and other such features, not the little picture next to your name and ship.
                    $$$$$$$$$$$

that was so on the money i could kiss you!

but i'll refrain
                    top 100 basers list

Comment

Originally posted by Claushouse
                      actually no, screw all the 56k players, they lag like hell, and they smell bad.

H8ted 4 lyfe

Or at least untill i find my mofo box of chocolate chip cookies to get over that insult .

~Blue
                      "Shouldn't you be Running?"

Paladen

TW Beginners Guide

1:KJW> some 23 year old teacher was screwing her 14 year old students here in Florida was arrested yesterday ... she's HOT and I want to be 14 again!

(Robo Ref)>FACK U ALL BITSHES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Just buy cookie dough and eat that plain. It's SO GOOD! I'm eating it atm ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Twerp
                          Just buy cookie dough and eat that plain. It's SO GOOD! I'm eating it atm ^_^

Hated untill u get me some of that too!!!!!!

PS not really but i really want some now
                          "Shouldn't you be Running?"

Paladen

TW Beginners Guide

1:KJW> some 23 year old teacher was screwing her 14 year old students here in Florida was arrested yesterday ... she's HOT and I want to be 14 again!

(Robo Ref)>FACK U ALL BITSHES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X