World Cup Dueling Tournament!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Cup Dueling Tournament!

Lets do this!! Its a long time before TWL starts and we need something new. Just think about how many countries could play since it involves only 5 players. All in favour of this event post under.

-Tys
    Blood Love Overcomes Our Depressions

PROPERTY OF DICE AS OF FEB, 17 2007

WIN LOSE OR TIE UNITED FORCE TILL I DIE

THE BOYS OF SUMMER
    LIVE FOR GRAPEVINE
    SHED BLOOD FOR GRAPEVINE
    I DIE FOR GRAPEVINE

WWW.SIZZERB.COM

how would the teams be picked?

Comment

Originally posted by Brettles
      how would the teams be picked?
      Each country would be assigned a captain, and everyone person from that country would sign up saying they are willing to play for their country. Than, when game time comes, the Captain will pick the 5 people he wants to play.
      the price is right, bitch.

Comment

some countries have too many, you'd probably have to divide like usa into 3 or 4 teams maybe. and by dueling do u mean warbird? another thing is i'm sure people will lie about where they're from
        Gun remembers.

Comment

I don't think that would be very fun because the people would take it to serious and no one of the newer players would get to play, meaning that people like tyson would get to play and no one who can't wb would play so if we are really going to do this why not just make it wb, jav and base? im not saying this because i can't wb because i can and i would think not many ppl would sign up for it because of knowing that would not get to play. it is usless to sign up
          7:RoDNeY> u dont know what afk means u think it means the arab way of saying KFC

Comment

I think this would be fun, similar to the World Basing Cup each country would battle others until the final two remain. Maybe having 3 rounds, best of those three would give a little bit more variety of players to play. Either way, it would still be fun. I'm all ears, sign me up.

Comment

how about everyone signs up for their country, and you pick 10 players per team and rotate them each round.

This also forces captains to strike a balance between lines and adds alot of strategy to it. Captains can stack one line and try to win rounds 1 and 3, or mix and match, and everyone picked gets to play.

Lets say you get 6 countries involved.

Then, whoever isn't picked on the lists form teams of 10 (ie, Canada 2, Canada 3). Lets say you have 8 extra teams, then you have them in a tournament elimination format and bring it down to 2, then add them with the original 6, then start your tournament.

That way, even noobs and lesser known people have a chance to play in your world cup, but the best of each country are put together on a team, plus there is importance in the captaincy not only in picking players, but also in how you play your lines.
              top 100 basers list

Comment

a rest of the world team, like in the basing world cup would also be a good idea

Comment

Sounds like it could be fun. As Tys said, since each team would only have 5 players plus subs, it would allow many countries to compete.

Example of teams: USwest, UScentral, USeast, Canadawest, Canadaeast, Finland, Sweeden, England, Holland, Belgium, Austrailia, Brazil, maybe a rest of world... and probably other countries that I didnt name.
                  Last edited by 3Stripes; 09-01-2004, 03:25 AM.

Comment

Sounds like fun! we got a signup page going yet? How will captains initially be picked? by tys? by poll?

Comment

Sounds like lots of fun!

If you need help with organisation and such, dont be afraid to ask.
                      Hannibal Lecter: How did you catch me, Will?
                      Will: You had disadvantages.
                      Hannibal Lecter: What disadvantages?
                      WIll: You're insane.
                      --Manhunter

Comment

im australian , but i didnt think many of us played, might need to put us in the ROTW, unless.....

Comment

Sounds elite!

Comment

sounds awesome
                            1: cundor> let's do a disoblige .?go base
                            1: Cremation> cundor desperately trying to tell the world hes a diso
                            1: cundor> dude
                            1: cundor> i already told my parents
                            1: Desperate> LOL
                            1: Cremation> HAHA
                            1: bram> :)
                            1: Da1andonly> LOL

Comment

I'm in. We could do this for Warbirds and Javelins, and even Basing, even though that is sort of like TWDT, except the teams are arranged by nationality. Good idea.
                              7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
                              Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
                              TWLJ Champion Season 11
                              TWLB All-Star Season 10
                              Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

Working...
                              X