Pure Basing Arena Proposal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Under Dog
    Ok, for the million-ith time. It is impossible to make one pub have a different map then the other pubs. In order to initiate this idea, which by the way I don't agree with, it would have to be done in a non-pub arena. Which would defeat the purpose, don't you agree?
    Too bad the !say command is not in anymore. Then we can have a bot pm the person saying !say ?go pure or something . So all you can do is type ?go 0 and the bot does the rest.

Comment

This idea is possible if the public arenas would have doors instead of those asteroids gerry is talking about, then a bot could turn the doors on/off for pure/normal pub.

However I think this idea, if implemented, would defeat its purpose. From what I gather gerry wants "better" basing. Is there a direct connection between noone on roof and better basing?
      There might be in ?go base, but I'm not at all sure in public arenas. The thing is that, just as TK is saying, a roofing jav or terr can break a passive defence, in pub these types of defence can be really hard to penetrate if many of the defending team are defending.
      A second point is that people will not stop javing just because they cannot get to roof, these people will populate the lower parts of the base instead and throw bombs into fr. Now, if you want better basing, are you sure 10 javs in lower will get you better basing? I'm quite sure it will result in a pretty boring gameplay most of the time (teamkilling the terrier when he tries to enter flagroom is a common sight already).

Comment

I dissagree, the more you take away, the more limited the pure basing pub would be. I like sometimes to toss some jav bombs down into base from roof.. And killing helpless roofers that doesn't kno various shots from base to roof. With wb/jav/terr... I'm used to it..

I think that if we limit too muchm then the fun factor will most likely decrease in time. And when we are at it, soon more limitations will be proposed here in the forums. Like, lets get rid of tube sharks or spawn spots or whatever. Or limitation on ships, that I would find stupid.

If you are a pubber this is something you will understand, you get spawned, you get weaseled, you die by brust or sharp, randomshots, die by sniping wbs, you die by roofers, you die by friendly javs, you die by not noticing a mine, your terr is careless, your terr is so careless and doesn't notice the mines in tube and shark gets 4fers, you terr and fellow shark reps mines in tubes and you die, you get wbed from lowerbase (not midbase), you get hunted, people say that you're a newb, lagger and tell you to gtfo or something like that.

Not all can be changed, it is pub, and you will haft learn to survive in the pubs, by any way possible.

I like the pure pub just the way it is, no priv freqs, no levis what more can you ask for? So please drop these stupid ideas of taking the fun away.
        Endless space, endless exploration.

Comment

Pub pub means in my opinion no levs, no weasels, less javs and no roof, and smaller spawn area, like in the twlb map i think it was.

perhaps here the 1000 hours 500 hours usage limit?
          Code:
          1:Pred_FNM <ER>> guys, yellow + green is really shitty for forumcolours :p
          1:lnx> what's wrong with that combination
          1:lnx> I wear yellow-green clothes :(
          1:Pred_FNM <ER>> i dont mean in clothes, in forums..
          1:lnx> kk
          1:lnx> buy a black-white computer monitor if you don't like the colors foo

Comment

Originally posted by DOTSY
            Pub pub means in my opinion no levs, no weasels, less javs and no roof, and smaller spawn area, like in the twlb map i think it was.

I love to roof jav and I got both those numbers of usage and double that. Usage means nothing. IMO pure pub means, no levis and basing oriented -> concentrated play around flagroom, which does not exclude roofing.

Comment

Originally posted by Malladrin
              I love to roof jav and I got both those numbers of usage and double that. Usage means nothing. IMO pure pub means, no levis and basing oriented -> concentrated play around flagroom, which does not exclude roofing.
              Thats what I think too. We are so like, malla.. see ya in pure pub.. ^_~
              Endless space, endless exploration.

Comment

Laming with jav from the roof is fun.
                Last edited by Crossfirez; 09-09-2004, 08:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DOTSY

So if you had a chicken and took away it's beak, feathers, gave it the feet of a horse, antlers instead of wings, coloured it neon orange and have it bear children instead of laying eggs, would you then call it a "Pure Chicken"?

Comment

roofjavving is the only pubbing worth doing.
                    5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
                    5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
                    5: Da1andonly> =((
                    5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
                    5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
                    5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

Working...
                    X