What if...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if...?

What would you guys change about TW's current state( modes/ships/maps/etc ) if you could? And gods don't say "ban weasels bcuz they can cloak and r lame", that's just stupid.

'd actually like to see the number of players upped to maybe 40 - 45, 50 at the most, maybe a second base with flag for actual CTF( y'know, grabbing enemy flag, taking it to yours, comes from this thing called FPS[ First Person Shooters] ), a new ship type, or at least bring back levi, but tone them down, so that they're not so "overpowered"( though they never were overpowered ) because I think they were a vital part to offense and defense when used properly. And this is for pubs, I know there are probably other arenas that do all this, but since 'm a pub player, 'm thinking pubs.

The changes they have made( Burst does lethal damage, Lanc settings are growing on me... ) I think have made the game better, save for banning Levis, but that was done a while ago so 'm not going to focus on that.

One thing I would like to see that was present when I played the FPS Tribes, was the ability to vote either in the arena as a whole, or just your team. It gets tiring to constantly lose flagroom, or never be able to get into it thanks to idiotic/asshole players who intentionally/unintentionally tk with Jav/Shark bombs and Shark mines( I remember one session my entire freq was screaming at the Shark player to stop mining on attack, and he just laughed at us all because he was TKing and we could do nothing about it ). So the ability to vote players into spec or out of the arena would be good, or to be able to vote team damage off, that way perhaps the TKers if unintentional can make a positive contribution without kicking them out. But then, I come from FPS and been playing TW for about... a year, maybe a lil more, so I look at the game differently than a lot of the "vets"( ie I don't think Weasels/Levis and any other ship or strategy to win is "lame" or "noob"ish ).

"There are those who said this day would never come. What have they to say now?"
    .Halo.

Y'know... if you were any stupider, I swear death by laughter would be a real medical occurance.

I think lowering the arena size, not increasing it, would have a better effect on pub basing.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll King
      I think lowering the arena size, not increasing it, would have a better effect on pub basing.
      That is a good idea as well, which I think would work. take out the too far safe zone areas, the two tiny safe zones, and bring the bottom up a bit, though that would increase spawning, which people would whine about.

What if, the bottom safe and the two smaller safes were taken out and replaced with a base equal to the already present base, and everyone would spawn in their respective base much like in most MMOFPS?

"There are those who said this day would never come. What have they to say now?"
      .Halo.

Y'know... if you were any stupider, I swear death by laughter would be a real medical occurance.

Comment

- no safe zones (waste bandwidth in my opinion)
        - in turn w/above, be able to buy things w/o having to be in safe
        - making the lev bomb have less radius (perhaps not so much dmg either)
        - make the map be approachable from all directions
        - make the weasel big again
        - use the specialized tiles
        - implement thor ... + any other specials not found in TW
        - implement all 3 colors of bombs and bullets

Comment

20 player pubs would be cool, even if it would create more public arenas, I don't see the harm in this, only benefits.

I would perhaps like to see powerball goals in place of the 2 side safes, for something to give the duelers more to do and just more opportunities for pub points (for those squads/players who go for those).
          DELETED

Comment

Originally posted by Sufficient
            1 no safe zones (waste bandwidth in my opinion)
            2 in turn w/above, be able to buy things w/o having to be in safe
            3 making the lev bomb have less radius (perhaps not so much dmg either)
            4 make the map be approachable from all directions
            5 make the weasel big again
            6 use the specialized tiles
            7 implement thor ... + any other specials not found in TW
            8 implement all 3 colors of bombs and bullets
            1. I think the safes are useful, it means if you have to go answer the door or just go afk for a few minutes you don't have to spec, which can lose you your spot on the freq and resets your bounty (If a big bounty is your type of thing)

2. I don't think being able to buy anywhere would be good as you would just get terrs on roof buying burst, burst, buy burst, burst etc.

3. Not possible... All bombs do the same damage at the centre-point and you cannot change the radius of one level without changing the other's (i.e. you set the radius for L1 (Red) and L2 (Yellow) doubles it and L3 (Blue) triples it.)

4. I don't understand. If you mean make the base accessible from the top and sides, then I don't think this would be a good idea as it would be hard / near impossible to get a decent defence.

5. This wouldn't really bother me much as I don't use the weasel, but I'm sure many people would be against this.

6. Specialized tiles? I don't understand.

7. Hm, I don't like this suggestion much, as it would be a step from making this zone more like the others.

8. I reckon changing the lev's bomb to a L2 (Yellow) would be a good idea.
            USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
            ---A few minutes later---
            9:cool koen> you scorereseted
            9:Kim> UM
            9:Kim> i didn't
            9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
            9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
            9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
            9:pascone> lol?

Comment

That would take away any purpose of a levi, lol.

If it were that, I'd say, speed up the levi and give it 2 jav bombs, but a slower recharge. Ie: you can shoot 2 instead of one at a time, but it takes much longer to recharge.
              DELETED

Comment

Originally posted by Dameon Angell
                That would take away any purpose of a levi, lol.

If it were that, I'd say, speed up the levi and give it 2 jav bombs, but a slower recharge. Ie: you can shoot 2 instead of one at a time, but it takes much longer to recharge.
                Why not the same recharge rate the levi has now, since it recharges so slowly anyway. that way, it takes maybe half, lil less than half energy to shoot the jav bomb, making it so you can possibly defend yourself slightly better...

.Halo.

Comment

i like the settings please keep them the same
                  Originally posted by Tone
                  Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

Squeeze, didn't say for all pubs, meant maybe make a new pub or something, just some variety, because do we really need like, what is it, as many as 15 pubs, 2 of which are only just SLIGHTLY different?

.Halo.

Comment

Nothing you noobs.

1) No we will never remove safes but they are awesome in all their entirety
                      2) Change the lev to jav bombs? Make your own TW and leave PLZ
                      ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                      Failure teaches success.
                      . â–²
                      ▲ ▲

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderMage
                        "ban weasels bcuz they can cloak and r lame"
                        x's are lame

'd actually like to see the number of players upped to maybe 40 - 45, 50 at the most, maybe a second base with flag for actual CTF
                        40-45 would be crazy, 20 would be nicer like Matt said.

maybe a second base with flag for actual CTF( y'know, grabbing enemy flag, taking it to yours, comes from this thing called FPS[ First Person Shooters] ).
                        this isn't a fps, it's supposed to be a turf style game, not ctf

...tired of criticising
                        Ban Ikrit

Comment

Thx for taking up all the good points jacen

Give some1 else a chance to critisize please. Geez.

Haha, found one

Thx for taking up all the good points jacen

Give some1 else a chance to critisize please. Geez.

Haha, found one jacen

One thing I would like to see that was present when I played the FPS Tribes, was the ability to vote either in the arena as a whole, or just your team. It gets tiring to constantly lose flagroom, or never be able to get into it thanks to idiotic/asshole players who intentionally/unintentionally tk with Jav/Shark bombs and Shark mines( I remember one session my entire freq was screaming at the Shark player to stop mining on attack, and he just laughed at us all because he was TKing and we could do nothing about it ). So the ability to vote players into spec or out of the arena would be good, or to be able to vote team damage off, that way perhaps the TKers if unintentional can make a positive contribution without kicking them out.
                          You can't turn off team damage. (Yep, jacen took all the good ones)

Squeeze, didn't say for all pubs, meant maybe make a new pub or something, just some variety, because do we really need like, what is it, as many as 15 pubs, 2 of which are only just SLIGHTLY different?
                          You can't change a pub without affecting the other pubs. And the idea of a new pub has already been debated. I don't want to find the thread and post it because it's a sunday and I'm bored and I'm lazy.
                          Last edited by Twerp; 09-26-2004, 08:40 PM.

Comment

if you really wanna make pub basing more competitive, just use the TWLB map in pubs with the center area being all safe zone. that way, people cant just sit outside of base and spawn, and people are forced upward (into the base). if this were done, the arena limit would need to be lowered from 35 to something like 25 and dont allow private freqs

Comment

Pub is perfect the way it is, except too many damnable javs that go OO BOUNCY BOMBS COOL! -randomly shoots bombs, tking just as much as killing nmes-

Comment

Working...
                              X