Torrenting Continuum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

to create popularity? yes i did
    9:Everett> well with pascone in -f-, our squad standards just experienced a decrease of 150%

Comment

Dock, I've got a question that maybe you can answer here..

I know that the any staff in continuum generally likes to see more people playing as to feel like their work is enjoyed by lots, I understand. But what do the guys who pay the bills have to gain with a never ending supply of new players?

Out of curiousity I'd like to see a growth chart, I know that a few years back there was a big boom..but have numbers dropped off a little or has the rate of growth slowed? Why the urge for more?

I wonder this because eventually priit and whoever else pushes the weight will get bored, or be forced to move on. Are there bigger plans the peons dont know about?(yah i know u wouldnt tell us here even if there were, but eh..)
      I agree.

Comment

The primary advertising for twsites is through this game (I assume). The more people that play the game, the more people exposed to the ads, thus the more people that will help pay for the server upkeep.

Comment

K first. I've never dled a game i've never heard of or seen. I only dl games that I hear from gamespot, ign, and such and have at least recieved decent ratings. The people that download ss off a torrent site will probably be a 5 minute player and will never been seen again. But w.e. 100 and something dl's allready sounds pretty good. Yet i don't see our tw server over the 600 people which i should, since we have an average of about 500.....-scratches head- Where did these dl's go to.....i'm so confused.
          Total Mobility, Untouchable Agility
          ~
          Night, Sweetdreams.

Comment

I think we need to start looking at the bigger picture, folks. And to do that, we have to look beyond the misconception that SS = TW. Also, there may have been 100 downloads, but that will not correlate to a 100 player increase in TW. That would be like assuming that TW's entire population is 500 or so, because everyone who plays must be playing at the exact same time.

I don't know why people are being so cynical about this anyway. Even if those 100 people try out this game and then give it up, how is that a bad thing? It's still 100 more people who have tried it than before. It's not like this is costing the average player anything.

Comment

No..it just 10 minutes of their life. No biggie.
              Total Mobility, Untouchable Agility
              ~
              Night, Sweetdreams.

Comment

Originally posted by DoCk>
                Our goal here is to use the extreme popularity of these torrent sites to help spread Continuum around a bit.
                Good idea. I recruited ppl in the old Supernova forums. Will try again in the new one
                Here's some more:
                torrent.youceff.com
                w*w.torrentreactor.net
                w*w.torrentbits.org

I love torrents

Comment

We're at 180. It's time to resubmit, so submit away.
                  TWSites.com - TWSites.com Web Hosting Services
                  qan> dock's raw animal magnetism and sheer ability to reboot bot cores inspires lust in all genders :P
                  3:wadi> no yawning on the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome
                    but the answer remains plain and simple

Publicity

(which im not necessarily sure is a good thing)
                    Agreed. The server has problems with the # of ppl on it now, how will it react when we have 100-200 more ppl on it at peak times? Am i gonna go up to 200 ms on cable when i live on the east coast? I remember when the server moved to usa, i was down to 10-20 ms, now i cant get lower then say 50ish on peak times. Make sure our server can handle this and make sure its a good thing for more ppl..
                    _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Server will be nice and stable up to 1000+ players at max times. The only problems we have are currently congestion issues with hopone routers. There's nothing we can do about that. It is also possible to go beyond 1000 using super secret PriitK software. Spread the good stuff around, it's always good to have new players.

Increased numbers of players do NOT cause increased ping times. That's not the way the internet works... it's caused by something else.
                      TWSites.com - TWSites.com Web Hosting Services
                      qan> dock's raw animal magnetism and sheer ability to reboot bot cores inspires lust in all genders :P
                      3:wadi> no yawning on the internet.

Comment

i would agree ... i'm on a 1Mb Cable line and it suffers 100ms... i am in UK though

still more is always better ... means more easy targets lol

i'll have to have a look at some more torrents hmmm

maybe after sleep time it is 5am =/

heh
                        STARKITTY
                        A White Mage

Buy edu backlinks

Comment

Originally posted by DoCk>
                          Server will be nice and stable up to 1000+ players at max times. The only problems we have are currently congestion issues with hopone routers. There's nothing we can do about that. It is also possible to go beyond 1000 using super secret PriitK software. Spread the good stuff around, it's always good to have new players.

Increased numbers of players do NOT cause increased ping times. That's not the way the internet works... it's caused by something else.
                          i was kinda sad when i did not see anything after this last statement..
                          caused by ........... (explain plz)

Comment

Is this just an excuse to allow people to share BitTorrent sites on the TW Forums?
                            USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
                            ---A few minutes later---
                            9:cool koen> you scorereseted
                            9:Kim> UM
                            9:Kim> i didn't
                            9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
                            9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
                            9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
                            9:pascone> lol?

Comment

Originally posted by Ewan
                              Is this just an excuse to allow people to share BitTorrent sites on the TW Forums?
                              Only the Continuum torrent found on Supernova.org. Stay away from the other ones
                              Seriously, Subspace and torrents are both faboulous things that can enrich peoples lives. So letting the right people know is a good thing imo. Right, people?

Comment

mass hotmail directory spamming is a good way to advertise games....
                                take planetarion's example.

also MPOGD game of the month voting seems to seriously boost number of user's in game...

Maybe we should push for people to vote on it... I hear dialup users can just disconnect and redial and it lets them vote again lol

I'm all for new users though lol
                                STARKITTY
                                A White Mage

Buy edu backlinks

Comment

Working...
                                X